Advertisement

Editorial Mandate: On Animals and Comics

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Re: Editorial Interference: On Animals and Comics

Postby 3MJ » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:15 am

No I'm joking. Lovely piece and fantastically written. It's just hard to go from poop jokes to this y'know.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am

Punchy wrote:Sorry about your cat man.

I never had a pet, that probably explains a lot about my psyche.

You shouldn't get a cat, maybe a hermit crab or something. You could paint your favorite superhero icon on its shell.

Now who's more important, Lois, eh? EH?!

Paul Hoffer
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 236 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Editorial Interference: On Animals and Comics

Postby Paul Hoffer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:48 am

Moochie was good at the revenge meme--when she was my office cat, she once took umbrage at a client who was yelling at me about something and decided to show her disdain for the unseeming conduct by hopping up on them and dropping a headless bloody mouse on their lap. She also determined who I could take as clients. If she like a prospective client, she was right there on their lap expecting a pet as part of the retainer. If she didn't like the person, she made sure to jump on the desk and interrupt the meeting by systemically knocking every loose piece of paper onto the floor. If that didn't work, she meowed really loud and demanded to be fed.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 am

That is pretty cool to read.

My dog is only good at the "run at random people entering the room and bite them on the groin" meme. He might not do so well in an office of law. :|

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: RE: Editorial Interference: On Animals and Comics

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:01 am

FBtron wrote:Moochie was good at the revenge meme--when she was my office cat, she once took umbrage at a client who was yelling at me about something and decided to show her disdain for the unseeming conduct by hopping up on them and dropping a headless bloody mouse on their lap. She also determined who I could take as clients. If she like a prospective client, she was right there on their lap expecting a pet as part of the retainer. If she didn't like the person, she made sure to jump on the desk and interrupt the meeting by systemically knocking every loose piece of paper onto the floor. If that didn't work, she meowed really loud and demanded to be fed.

Cats are good at giving you an idea of how a prospective business project will turn out. When I was a kid, my dad wanted to partner with his then-boss and begin a private security company. When he came to our house to work on the business plan details, the cat took one look at him, hissed and fucked off upstairs for the rest of the night. A month later that guy ended up backstabbing my dad at their current job and getting him fired for something he didn't do.

I always found it interesting that when my dad came home after the terminal cancer diagnosis, the cat wouldn't come near him. We figure now that the cat was mad and that he could sense my dad's death approaching. While the dog kept a vigilant watch at my dad's bedside at all hours, the cat came in the room just once, looked at my dad and left. After his death, the cat's own health deteriorated rapidly as if he'd lost the will to live (he was old and always my dad's cat).

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand