Advertisement

Whedon CONFIRMS 'Brother Sister Act' For "Avengers 2"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 429 posts

Re: Whedon Hints 'Brother Sister Act' For

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 pm

e_galston wrote:
i wouldn't because in the X-Films they would be horribly cast ciphers of the characters. Whereas in the Avengers they would be reasonably well cast fully fleshed out characters written by someone who clearly loves them.

But the thing is that Magneto is an important part of their lives and seeing as how Magneto is part of the x films at Fox it would be hard to not mention him if they put them in the Avengers film at Disney. However if Fox and Disney were to work out a deal where both the X-Men and Avengers were to meet that could work.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1243 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 pm

draco x wrote:But the thing is that Magneto is an important part of their lives and seeing as how Magneto is part of the x films at Fox it would be hard to not mention him if they put them in the Avengers film at Disney. However if Fox and Disney were to work out a deal where both the X-Men and Avengers were to meet that could work.

I suspect that if we were to see Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch pop up in one franchise, it would be difficult for them to appear in the other. At the end of the day, I would rather see Pietro and Wanda appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe than the X-Men films because I doubt we would have to deal with all their daddy issues in the Avengers.

That being said, does anybody know if the Marvel Cinematic Universe can even acknowledge the existence of mutants?
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 482 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:00 pm

To go along with what's been said above, Feige made the statement last year:

My understanding is that Marvel Studios can use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as long as they’re never described as mutants – because Fox owns that piece of the pie. So that means, if they’re featured in Avengers 2, the Maximoffs won’t be referred to as Magneto’s children and they’ll need a new explanation for the origins of their powers and abilities.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:To go along with what's been said above, Feige made the statement last year:

I missed that. :oops: Thanks!
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 791 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 482 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Grayson wrote:I missed that. :oops: Thanks!

Oh, I wasn't calling you out :lol: Just thought it would add to what's been said so far.

And I could be wrong but haven't they referenced mutants in "Iron Man" or "Captain America" :smt017
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Oh, I wasn't calling you out :lol: Just thought it would add to what's been said so far.

Too late, I'm already embarrassed... :-(

:P

And I could be wrong but haven't they referenced mutants in "Iron Man" or "Captain America" :smt017

It seems like I remember a reference to mutants or mutations somewhere in the MCU but for the life of me, I can't remember where.
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 622 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm

they don't even have to acknowledge who their father is, since for like 20 years they didn't know Magneto WAS their father...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 pm

e_galston wrote:they don't even have to acknowledge who their father is, since for like 20 years they didn't know Magneto WAS their father...

Agreed. Aside from Thor and Iron Man, I don't think that any of the other Marvel Studio movies addressed the characters families. All you really need to do is explain that Pietro and Wanda were born with their abilities and that their parents attempted to exploit them when they were younger. Eventually they were arrested and given the opportunity to work for SHIELD to avoid spending time in jail. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Grayson wrote:
I suspect that if we were to see Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch pop up in one franchise, it would be difficult for them to appear in the other. At the end of the day, I would rather see Pietro and Wanda appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe than the X-Men films because I doubt we would have to deal with all their daddy issues in the Avengers.

That being said, does anybody know if the Marvel Cinematic Universe can even acknowledge the existence of mutants?

Just wishful thinking on my part. That's how I would introduce them if I had the opportunity.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:To go along with what's been said above, Feige made the statement last year:

One reason why I wish that Marvel would get back the rights from Fox as I don't have full confidence with how they have handled some of their Marvel movies. I would kill to see an Avengers/ X-Men movie though.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:13 pm

e_galston wrote:they don't even have to acknowledge who their father is, since for like 20 years they didn't know Magneto WAS their father...

But the interractions they had when they found out the truth was interesting comic-wise. How I would do it is that if they appear in Avengers first, they could do an Avengers/ X-Men movie down the road with Fox where they find out Magneto is their dad and the implications of that reveal would be part of the plot of the proposed movie.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Grayson wrote:
Agreed. Aside from Thor and Iron Man, I don't think that any of the other Marvel Studio movies addressed the characters families. All you really need to do is explain that Pietro and Wanda were born with their abilities and that their parents attempted to exploit them when they were younger. Eventually they were arrested and given the opportunity to work for SHIELD to avoid spending time in jail. :smt102

Not a bad premise but I personally would prefer the Magneto connection. If Disney were to get the rights to X-Men from Fox that would be so much better.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

sdsichero wrote:Sue and Johnny Storm!

I really wish Disney could get the rights to FF back from Fox.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Its not gonna be Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch. The probable answer is Alistair and Alysande Stuart. They are a military officer and Scientist brother and sister.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum