Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Guardians Of The Galaxy #2 (Murdered you! Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 am

If I was one of those comics fans who got offended at the drop of a hat, I would be absolutely furious at this comic. HOW DARE BENDIS INSULT CAPTAIN BRITAIN LIKE THIS? IT’S BRIT-PHOBIC! Or something like that. But I’m not a dick, so I just laughed at Iron Man being his usual cocky asshole self and got on with my life. See how easy it is?

This was another strong issue of GotG from Bendis and McNiven (and Sara Pichelli too, who is just getting better and better), they really bring the action in this issue, it’s some of the best space-fighty stuff I’ve read in a while. It’s both fantastical and real at the same time.

This issue is divided into two, the first being the aforementioned awesome action-movie fight scene, and the second being a flashback to J’Son of Spartax (Star-Lord’s dad) gathering a bunch of other Cosmic King-types like Gladiator and Annihilus and the Supreme Intelligence and trying to convince them to take out Earth. This was a very good scene, as J’Son (and Spartax) deftly lays out years of Marvel continuity and explains in a way that makes sense why little old Earth is such a big threat.

I think my favourite thing about this issue is how bad-ass Bendis has made Rocket Raccoon, I always liked him before under DnA’s pen, but here, he’s a hardened killer, the repetition of ‘murdered you’ was cool as heck. It’s clear that Bendis sees Rocket as the ‘Wolverine’ of this team, and now Drax like you might expect. I’m still not sure even this take on the character will work in a movie, but hey, it’s awesome in the comics and that’s what’s most important.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:00 pm

I loved that he made fun of Captain Brit. He really is a loser of a character. Made me laugh. This is nowhere near as good as DnA's GoG book but its pretty damn fun.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Captain Britain is a joke, Punchy.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm

GOSD wrote:Captain Britain is a joke, Punchy.

No he's not!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm

GOSD wrote:Captain Britain is a joke, Punchy.

he's no fucking Union Jack, that's for damn sure.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:30 pm

chap22 wrote:he's no fucking Union Jack, that's for damn sure.

Exactly.

UJ has no powers and could beat CB.

Wished that McNiven could draw faster...

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:34 pm

chap22 wrote:he's no fucking Union Jack, that's for damn sure.

Absolutely. Hell he's not even as cool as Micromax or even Widget.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:58 pm

i absolutely LOVE Bendis's take on Rocket Raccoon...

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Punchy wrote:
No he's not!

I'm with Punchy, Captain Brit is fucking awesome. :smt013

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 pm

doombug wrote:I'm with Punchy, Captain Brit is fucking awesome. :smt013

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:55 pm

GOSD wrote:

:smt023

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 pm

doombug wrote:I'm with Punchy, Captain Brit is fucking awesome. :smt013

Thirded.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Grayson wrote:
Thirded.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 pm

i gotta agree with GOSD and Avengingtitan, Captain Britian is kind of boring, but his supporting cast is interesting..

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm

e_galston wrote:i gotta agree with GOSD and Avengingtitan, Captain Britian is kind of boring, but his supporting cast is interesting..

leave a comment with facebook