Advertisement

C2E2: Marvel House of Ideas

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

C2E2: Marvel House of Ideas

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:18 pm

C2E2 2013: Marvel House of Ideas

What's the House of Ideas got for 2013? FIND OUT AS Zechs gives you a live update!

Arune Sigh (Director of Communications) moderates the panel with Ryan Pengaos (Executive Director of Digtal), Tom Brevoort,  Mark Waid, Jordan D. White,  David Gabriel, and C.B.  Cebluski.  Arune starts talking about Marvel Digital and how they're bringing fans the best experience. He talks of the numerous ways to experience Marvel Digtal (Kindle, via comics themselves).

• Talk shifts to the Infinite comic line with Mr. Brevoort talking about it's an exciting new place for comics with evolving technology. There will be more Infinite comics this year (along with the current three). They begin showing a video on Marvel Digtal comics. 

• We see the first new comic for the Infinite series this year, Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted on July 9th. It shows Wolverine waking up in an elevator shaft surrounded by gasoline. He looks up and see's Sabretooth, who is lighting a match. It'll also have a bunch of ninjas and run for thirteen weeks. They then show silhouette with Wolverine and three other Marvel Heroes. 

• They move onto Marvel Unlimited which Arune likens to "Netflix for comics". Every Marvel Comic will be available eventually and currently over 13,000 comics are available. Cost for it is currently $59.98 a year.

• Marvel A.R. (aka Augmented Reality) talk as we have Jordan talk via his hand puppet. We have a fan perspective talking of Marvel Infinite and that she likes it, save for the loading. Arune shows the video for Marvel A.R. detailing the special features from it.

• Project: Gamma Confidential picture is shown and then Arune shows the video for it. No loops, no soundtracks, adapted audio -  the viewer controls the pace. The program will be launched later this year. Some lucky people from the panel get to view and listen to it.

• Talk shifts to Marvel Original Video with Earth's Mightiest Show hosted by Blair Butler (formerly of Attack of the Show). It'll be a pop culture show. It won't be exactly not like this panel. It'll be streaming via the internet SOONISH. With Marvel Superheroes: What The?! and a skit involving the Avengers vs. Ultron. 

• Mark Waid, like a ninja, walks into the panel. Jordan's hand puppet interviews Waid. The puppet asks Waid's opinion of digital comics. Waid likes them. We get fan's opinion of Project Gamma. They love the audio and say it's VERY cinematic quality. Very seamless and everything melts together with replaying those transitions again. Very positive over it.  
  • The panel switches to social networking.  They talk of Marvel Tumblr, Youtube, and that they'll figure it out. They talk about how Stan Lee invented Social Media back in the old days with the way he used Stan's Soapbox and other venues. They tell us Tom will answer any random wierd question on Marvel's Tumblr, Arune will answer any soap opera's, and they'll even answer lost questions from the recently canceled Bob and Bobbie's (nice burn there Mr. Waid).

Question/Answer Time

Q: Why is Marvel Animation Shows so short-lived ala Spectacular Spider-Man or Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Arune says that they do last a good amount of time. Animated shows can't last five or ten years at a time. They then say that Marvel now has complete control of their animation. Arune says they didn't cancel Spectacular Spider-Man. Avengers: Assemble is a new direction for fans of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes . Arune then says that at Marvel: "WE DON'T ABANDON THE PAST." BURN!!!

Q: Can we have some Deadpool jokes that can't be in the book?

Jordan talks of a Dr. Strange appearance in one issue with a scene with he and his servant Wong about to team-up with Deadpool. Not very fond of the Merc with a Mouth, Dr. Strange turns himself into the Silver Surfter and Wong into the surf board to diguise the team-up he has with the vocal merc. Jordan jokes that they didn't feel Wong should be a surf board for the entire issue.

Q: Mark Waid opinion on digtal and print comics.

Waid thinks they can co-exist. 

Q: Do they offer a bigger comic experience or new readers?

Ryan mentions that with the various ways he's trying with the net and media to gain new fans via it. 

* Our own diarydead speaks of what he thinks of Project Gamma. He loves it and really appreciates the music in it. 

Q: Any Marvel characters that would be great in digtal?

Mark says Daredevil and Dr. Strange be perfect for digtal comics. The panel asks if fans be interested in a Mark Waid penned Daredevil Infinite? The fans go wild for the idea. 

Q: Is this nifty digtal stuff available in Canada?

Arune says they should be save maybe animation issues. I-Verse will be converting many Marvel comics to numerous languages.

Q:  (Question for Mark Waid.) During Amazing Spider-Man #700 Dan Slott gave away free codes. Will Waid do the same for his books?

Waid says there's one good comic shop near him. He says at times he doesn't have the print issues before fans do.  Arune says he'll hook him up with some. Waid says can you never get this sort of thing from DC.

Q: The Pink Bunny on [Waid's] Twitter?

He explains it from a PIXAR short.

Q: When will THEN be NOW?

SOON!!!!

- They mention again if you want to talk to anyone THEY HAVE A BOOTH HERE AT C2E2.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: C2E2 2013: Marvel House of Ideas

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:11 pm

They talk about how Stan Lee invented Social Media back in the old days with the way he used Stan's Soapbox

PFFT!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 190 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:15 pm

A LOT of burns against DC in this panel. I love it. :-D

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Zechs wrote:A LOT of burns against DC in this panel. I love it. :-D

Sucks for DC at this panel I guess.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 pm

draco x wrote:
Sucks for DC at this panel I guess.

I was totally surprised of Mark Waid being there and surprised at how many times he dissed DC.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 62 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Zechs wrote:A LOT of burns against DC in this panel. I love it. :-D

That was pretty funny about the burning the past

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 am

Zechs wrote:
I was totally surprised of Mark Waid being there and surprised at how many times he dissed DC.

Him dissing dc, not surprised at all they treated him like crap and now he is just showing his disdain for the company.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:03 am

bkthomson wrote:
Him dissing dc, not surprised at all they treated him like crap and now he is just showing his disdain for the company.

Also the man is a Silver and Golden Age machine. He owned a group of nerds by himself at a Comic Trivia contest. :shock:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 am

Zechs wrote:
Also the man is a Silver and Golden Age machine. He owned a group of nerds by himself at a Comic Trivia contest. :shock:

Yep, Mark is very impressive.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:42 am

And that's the guy who should be running DC instead of the Didiocracy.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand