Advertisement

C2E2: DC Entertainment - All Access

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

C2E2: DC Entertainment - All Access

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:42 pm

C2E2 2013: DC Entertainment  - All Access

The Outhouse brings you LIMITED ACCESS to DC's ALL ACCESS panel. Find out what to expect from DC this year!

The Panelists include: Bob Wayne (moderator), Bob Harras, Brian Azzerello, Kyle Higgins, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Art Baltazar, Len Wein, Charles Soule, Franco Aureliani, Freddie Williams III.

- Trinity War talk with three ties-ins. Info we already know. No new info.

- Superman: Unchained. Info we already know. No new info.

- Batman: Zero Year. No new info. Sensing a trend here...

- Nightwing #22 cover is shown with Kyle Higgens talking about Dick Grayson moving to Chicago. Tony Zucco is still alive and living under an alias in Chicago. There will be mythology building on previous heroes from the city along with a Prankster reinvention 

- Batwing #22, All Star Western #22, Swamp Thing #22 covers shown. Charles Soule talks about the latter book, a little bit terrified with co-creator Lein Wein right beside him. He then talks about a Constantine guest-appearance arc in #21-22. The Whiskey Tree Arc is good for the kids, Soule jokes.

- Green Team cover is shown while Art and Franco talk about it.  Art talks of the characters on the cover for #2. Slade aka Deathstroke appears in the book, with #3 having an appearance of the Bat-Mobile. Bob Wayne will appear in #5 and Franco will appear somewhere down the line.

- Talk flips to the Movement by Gail Simone. Big pop for Gail, who is not there. She was uninvited via email. Freddie Williams III, the artist for the book, says it is both fun and dark. These will all be brand new characters who will be fully fleshed out and feel like they've had a long history. Freddie says he just finished #3 and he hopes you all enjoy it.

- Len Wein talks about the Before Watchmen projects. His face becomes more grotesque as it is corrupted by the dark side of the force with every word.

- Batman '66 cover shown. Jim Chad talks about how fun the comic will be. The first arc will involve the Riddler and Catwoman. This is the first comic DC has done based on the classic 60s TV series.  Future stories will have King Tut and Killer Croc. Expect Killer Croc to look like a dude with a really cheesy mask.

-  Art says he wants to pitch a new story: Batman Beyonce. Bob Wayne stresses how this will be the first and last time you'll hear about this pitch. Baltazar is hauled off for a flogging.

- Brian Azzerello talks about the 100 Bullets sequel, "Brother Lono". He talks about how the sequel was created in a casual chat between him and the artist. It is not what you expect. 

- American Vampire will be returning with "The Long Road to Hell" and "The Wake".

- Injustice: Gods Amongst Us comic will be pretty much a bunch of characters beating the tar out of each another, similar to a DC editorial summit.

- DC Essential Graphic Novels will release a reading order book for characters so fans can argue with creators about what history was kept and what was not. Oh and they are FREE. This will replace the usual method of figuring this out, which is to start a thread on a comic book message board that quickly devolves into violent bickering.

- DC Collectibles exclusives are shown that will only be sold at C2E2. 

Question/Answer 

First person(both to ask a question and to admit this) admits how much he loves the New 52. With the New 52, there was an effort to bring the Wildstorm characters into the DCU proper. Will we see the Milestone characters in the DCU? Icon? Hardware? Rocket? 

- Bob asks how many would love to see those characters come back. Fans applaud so Bob Wayne says they'll look into it. His fingers are crossed behind his back.

Question for Azzerello on Wonder Woman and whether he'll do more with Greek mythology.

- He can't comment since that wouldn't be fair. Brain will spoil this, though: in two issues, Wonder Woman will BE IN NEW GENESIS.

Why is there no DC Booth? Are you bringing Damian Wayne back via the Talon serum? 

- Brian says to expect that in Wonder Woman #25 jokingly. Bob Wayne says he won't spoil anything. This isn't the Rose Bud panel, so, um, no, no, and no. 

Question for Kyle Higgins: what's up with Northwestern blue line nod recently?

- Kyle says it was a great vantage point for Sears Tower for the double page spread. 

Question on the timeline issues involving Damian's conception given he was over six years old and Batman only operated in Gotham for five years?

- Brian says it'll be addressed in Wonder Woman #25, again, jokingly. 

Fan talks about some of the subpar books DC has put out.

- Bob Wayne has him taken outside and shot.

Art and Franco Green Team question: will Most Excellent Superbat be in the book?

- Art is writing that now unless Brian beats them in Wonder Woman #25. 

Another Brian Azzerello question. Did he think he get a lot of hatred for giving Wonder Woman a father? 

- Will we get some blowback? Yeah. Would we get blowback with War teaching her? Yeah.  He mentions they worked close to the deadline so no editors could say no to what they did. Audience laughs at that. Wayne has Azzarello taken outside and shot.

Green Arrow question: why wasn't there a Black Canary teaser for a next issue blurb? 

- Yeah there was a story shift. They say MAYBE after Brian again says Wonder Woman #25. 

Any more promotion via DC Nation?

-  There will be more new promotion via DC Nation. 

A fan of Young Justice asks if the show can be renewed? Or any news to give some hope.  

- No news, but they'll pass the info of how much a pop the show got when mentioned at the panel, which will bring great joy to Warner cartoon executives, who feed on the totured souls of DC cartoon fans to sustain their evil alien life forces.

Will we see Osris or Iris? 

- They cannot say, but there will be some stuff coming up. 

Will we see more Swamp Thing outside of comics?

- Charles says if the Whiskey Tree story works out, we'll see. 

Are there any plans to expand the DCU in TV ala the Flash TV Series and currently Arrow? 

- YES.

Will the Green Team and Movement be related or will there be events from the book relate to the other? 

- Art says if Gail wants to throw down, YES, they're ready.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 74 posts

Re: C2E2 2013: DC Entertainment - All Access

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:03 pm

saw the new superman cyborg. with a crazy arse new arm. smacks of Image circa 1991

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 pm

In the DC Comics 101 panel a fan asked if we would see the Crime Syndicate of America. Brian Cunningham replied "You asked that question about a month or two before you should have."

Speculation abounds as to the possibility that this September may be DC's "Villains Month" since the Sept solicits should be released in a month or so. Also consider that previously it was leaked that the villains would be taking over all New52 titles in September.

DC has not officially verified this yet, though. :wink:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm

holtom2000 wrote:saw the new superman cyborg. with a crazy arse new arm. smacks of Image circa 1991

I don't like the facial design as he should have the metallic skull look to make him look sinister.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1079 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm

It might just be me but this panel seems more uninformative than usual... :smt102
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 249 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Grayson wrote:It might just be me but this panel seems more uninformative than usual... :smt102

There was no real new information at the panel other than Art talking about Green Team and Charles talking about Swamp Thing. I mean Brain Azzerello was the highlight. The man is truly amazing and DC's true secret weapon.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 pm

draco x wrote:
I don't like the facial design as he should have the metallic skull look to make him look sinister.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. But dc has been doing that for 2 years now

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 249 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:04 am

holtom2000 wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it. But dc has been doing that for 2 years now

I'm surprised there was no Cyborg Superman talk or any talk for that matter of the "new" character sketches revealed this past week.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 am

Question on the timey whimey issues involving Damian's conception given he was over six years old and Batman only operated in Gotham for five years?

Sheesh! I thought this was already explained by the fact Damian was born outside Talia's womb and artificially aged.

If not, there you do. Problem solved.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:34 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:In the DC Comics 101 panel a fan asked if we would see the Crime Syndicate of America. Brian Cunningham replied "You asked that question about a month or two before you should have."

Speculation abounds as to the possibility that this September may be DC's "Villains Month" since the Sept solicits should be released in a month or so. Also consider that previously it was leaked that the villains would be taking over all New52 titles in September.

DC has not officially verified this yet, though. :wink:

didn't they call this faces of evil a couple years back?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 am

holtom2000 wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it. But dc has been doing that for 2 years now

Very good point. I would hate to see how they fuck up the Eradicator if they ever bring him back in the New 52. I mean look at the hatchet job they did on Steel and Superboy already.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby misac » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:16 am

The Wake is an American Vampire spinoff?

Want to see the Killer Croc design for the new Batman comic. :lol:

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Uncle Rich has a tidbit about "Superman Unchained #1":

It will be an eight page foldout of an epic battle with superman on one side of the foldout, and on the other side, the same battle from a different angle with a new perspective. It will show Superman fighting a planet-sized enemy and the foldout will enable the relative size of the opponent to register.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:30 pm

draco x wrote:
Very good point. I would hate to see how they fuck up the Eradicator if they ever bring him back in the New 52. I mean look at the hatchet job they did on Steel and Superboy already.

Oh they'll bring him back. And eyes will roll

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 320 posts

Re: C2E2: DC Entertainment - All Access

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:11 pm

:smt015
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand