Advertisement

C2E2: Elfquest Comes to Dark Horse

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Dark Horse announced a new Elfquest series at C2E2, much to the derision of other publishers who have decided to announce nothing at all at the beleaguered convention.

Source: Press Release

Other publishers may be sitting on their thumbs at C2E2, but not Dark Horse. Despite being called scabs by industry colleagues for daring to break the mysterious industry resolve to release absolutely no interesting news at the convention, Dark Horse has been announcing all sorts this weekend. The latest is this new Elfquest comic.

We've never heard of Elfquest before (update: this has earned us ridicule in the comments section), but that blonde elf in the middle is one hot babe. Man, what we wouldn't do to... wait, what? That's a dude-elf? Oh. Well, he's got some fantastic breasts. Next thing, you'll be telling me I'm gay for wanting to have sex with that chick singer from One Direction...

Dammit! Harry Styles is a dude?! What a twist!

Here's the press release:

ELFQUEST COMES TO DARK HORSE!

Elfquest: The Final Quest to launch comprehensive publishing program for all-new and existing material in the fall of 2013!

APRIL 27, CHICAGO, IL – Dark Horse kicked off C2E2 in style, with what is sure to be some of the biggest news of the weekend. Attendees of the Diamond Retailers Summit were the first to hear the publisher’s announcement of an all-new series in one of comics’ most storied worlds!

For generations, the Wolfriders sought a safe haven. Now, in the Palace of the High Ones, they have found it. But with security, the elves lose the skills that made them superb survivors in a harsh world. Elfquest: The Final Quest poses dire questions: Who stays? Who goes back to the forest? And what grim price will the Wolfriders pay?

“Dark Horse is a company I’ve admired ever since it sprang on the scene in the 1980s. Somehow, as large as they’ve grown, they’ve retained an independent spirit that Richard and I totally identify with. The quality of their offerings is legendary and I’m extremely happy that Elfquest is part of their lineup,” said Elfquest cocreator Wendy Pini.

“Mike Richardson and Dark Horse come from the same publishing DNA as our own company, Warp Graphics, and he retains that gut-deep love of getting comics out into the world. We’re jazzed at all the plans, both traditional and new, they have for Elfquest,” added Elfquest editor and cocreator Richard Pini.

“I’ve known Richard from our very first year and read Elfquest from its inception. I’ve also pursued him and Wendy for nearly as long as Dark Horse has existed. Elfquest has been a lifetime project for Wendy and it is one of comics’ great epics. I am extremely proud to bring their wonderful book to Dark Horse and particularly excited to see what is in store for us over the next three years,” Dark Horse President Mike Richardson continued.

In celebration of the thirty-fifth anniversary of Wendy and Richard Pini’s cult comics classic, Dark Horse proudly welcomes the Wolfriders, the Sun Folk, the Gliders, the Go-Backs, and the High Ones to its own rich history!

The first release will be the prologue to an all-new fantasy epic, Elfquest: The Final Quest, arriving in the fall of 2013! Following that, Dark Horse will release this new story alongside all-new editions of the previously published material from this best-loved series! Look for more details shortly!

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Re: C2E2: Elfquest Comes to Dark Horse

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Didn't Marvel and DC do some mini-series on Elfquest as well?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Never heard of Elfquest? WTF?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 pm

This is quite possibly the best news I have heard in comics....in decades. :shock:

FUCKING ELFQUEST!!!! HELLZ YES!!!!!! :smt026 :band :drunk

theflyingwaffle
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby theflyingwaffle » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Cool. I have read some of the old Elfquest stuff. Glad to hear that the series is coming back from the dead.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 381 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 am

draco x wrote:Didn't Marvel and DC do some mini-series on Elfquest as well?

DC was the last company to publish them

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand