Advertisement

Is This Appropriate?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Re: Is This Appropriate?

Postby Thunderstorm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 pm

We are all the same, but lets have a workshop to illustrate the correct way to say no to homosexual advances.

Genderqueer. They are just making shit up now.

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:We are all the same, but lets have a workshop to illustrate the correct way to say no to homosexual advances.

Genderqueer. They are just making shit up now.

http://www.roostertailscomic.com/?p=1495

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:49 pm

That is insanity and nobody can hope to keep up with all that nonsense. People are more than their sexual identity. You could apply a 'spectrum' to ANY aspect of a person if you're insecure enough about it.

pastajoe
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 592 posts

Postby pastajoe » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 pm

syxxpakk wrote:This is a legit question and not meant to be rude: how old are you?

It seems to me you might not have a working understanding of what actually happens at parties, clubs, bars, etc these days.

I'm married, I gave up bar hopping a long time ago. But I still believe you should get to know someone before you start making out with them.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Which is fine but that's not reality anymore as it's a pretty normal occurrence. That aside, they weren't trying to make girls actually kiss. They were trying to teach non-hateful responses.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 433 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:12 pm

pastajoe wrote:
I'm married, I gave up bar hopping a long time ago. But I still believe you should get to know someone before you start making out with them.

99% of drunk guys at clubs, bars, lounges, house parties, in the middle of the street, on public transit, etc. would disagree with you.

Have you ever read The Game by Neil Strauss?

Although I believe that one of the best ways to clown your homie is by laughing at his ass when he leans in for the "kiss close" and she turns her head to the side.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 am

asking students to request a kiss as part of a seminar of all things is pretty stupid irrespective of the context.

we sure as hell didn't have sex ed classes where we were told to solicit kisses from anyone when i was at high school. especially at 13-14yrs old.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:08 am

fieldy snuts wrote:asking students to request a kiss as part of a seminar of all things is pretty stupid irrespective of the context.

we sure as hell didn't have sex ed classes where we were told to solicit kisses from anyone when i was at high school. especially at 13-14yrs old.

except it was role playing in a class room environment they weren't actually asking a girl to kiss them.. the point of the activity was to learn how to not be a total asshole when faced with someone who is over a different sexual orientation than you asks you something like that.

I understand what the school was doing. And honestly i kind of applaud it. Its not teaching kids to ask total strangers for a kiss. They could have changed it to having a girl ask a girl for a date, cause that would warrant the same type of response.

And really unless you are in a place where there are only people of the same sexual orientation, gay people do run the risk of finding someone attractive/interesting and they not be gay. And there are people out there who would do something potentially harmful to them if they were asked if they wanted to go out on a date. If we educate people when they are just starting to have romantic inclinations (right around puberty) then maybe we can prevent the bad things from happening.

(and i'm pretty certain that someone will rip my opinion apart)

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:41 am

e_galston wrote:
except it was role playing in a class room environment they weren't actually asking a girl to kiss them.. the point of the activity was to learn how to not be a total asshole when faced with someone who is over a different sexual orientation than you asks you something like that.

I understand what the school was doing. And honestly i kind of applaud it. Its not teaching kids to ask total strangers for a kiss. They could have changed it to having a girl ask a girl for a date, cause that would warrant the same type of response.

And really unless you are in a place where there are only people of the same sexual orientation, gay people do run the risk of finding someone attractive/interesting and they not be gay. And there are people out there who would do something potentially harmful to them if they were asked if they wanted to go out on a date. If we educate people when they are just starting to have romantic inclinations (right around puberty) then maybe we can prevent the bad things from happening.

(and i'm pretty certain that someone will rip my opinion apart)

That's because you really agree with fieldy.

Hab

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:55 am

Punchy is just shocked they allow girls an education.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 am

Jubilee wrote:Punchy is just shocked they allow girls an education.

That's because he gets met with physical violence when he asks girls for kisses.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 am

even putting kids barely into their teens in a position where they kiss in front of adults has massively creepy undertones regardless of its purpose..

let kids discover kissing on their own and just teach them basic etiquette for how to react to those situation.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 am

fieldy snuts wrote:even putting kids barely into their teens in a position where they kiss in front of adults has massively creepy undertones regardless of its purpose..

Yep. Good thing that's nothing at all like or similar to what happened.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 am

syxxpakk wrote:
Yep. Good thing that's nothing at all like or similar to what happened.

Can you give me the version that isn't TLDR?

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 am

Presentation at school by university kids for high school kids on how to turn down requests nicely. Girls were asked to request kiss from other girls to demonstrate how to say no. Girls complained to parents. Parents went nuts.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum