Advertisement

C2E2: The Occultist Returns to Dark Horse

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Tim Seeley and Mike Norton bring the supernatural superhero book The Occultist back to Dark Horse!

Source: Press Release

You know, we love Dark Horse Comics, but they're really pushing the limit with all of these press releases they've been sending out this weekend. I should start demanding a paycheck from them. What do they think ol' Jude Terror has nothing better to do than sit around on a Sunday afternoon and post press release after press release about all the awesome new comics Dark Horse is putting out? Does Dark Horse think I don't have a life?!

Okay, I'm not fooling anyone. This is the highlight of my day.

Here's the press release:

C2E2: THE OCCULTIST RETURNS!

It’s Harry Potter meets Trainspotting from Tim Seeley & Mike Norton!

APRIL 28, CHICAGO, IL—Dark Horse Comics is pleased to announce that Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash) is returning with his rare mix of humor and horror in the supernatural superhero series The Occultist!

With acclaimed artist Mike Norton (Battlepug, The Answer!) on interior art and cover art by Steve Morris (Serenity, Angel & Faith), The Occultist will return this fall in the follow-up to its hugely successful 2011 miniseries!

When the Sword, a mysterious book of powerful spells, binds itself to him, the fact that Rob’s life has been falling apart doesn’t seem like such a big deal. To survive, Rob must learn to control the book’s unpredictable magic, while his life slips even further out of control . . .

An evil witch doctor wants the Sword to reject Rob, now known as the Occultist, by deciding that he is a bad host in the ongoing war against the realm of the dead. The solution lies in a Catholic schoolgirl who dabbles in death for a quick high.

Praise for The Occultist:

"The Occultist is a comic you should be checking out . . . If you want more of a magically fun and yet grounded character tale then put your money in to support this.”—Comic Book Resources

On sale October 2 in comic shops everywhere!  

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand