Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 1096 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Watching this new episode. More a tribute to set designers than anything else. Other than that, it was kind of dumb that the doctor put the tardis at so much risk for so little.

Tired of Smith's spasmodic antics, please regenerate soon.

I think there are two more seasons of Smith and then you may get what you want.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Advertisement

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 42 posts

Postby David Bird » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
It just popped up as she walked through the Tardis in the one scene. Something there made me think of that. Since so much of late has been nostalgia...

I liked seeing that they changed the interior again since Amy and Rory ran through it. Hated those corridors then. Still, I miss the classic look of the Baker/Post Baker period. Also, now I'm wondering if they've changed things back with the Eye of Harmony. Before it was, and apparently now, that it is the Tardis' power source. Though during the Eccleston/Tennant era they had it fueling on the time rift. I prefer what we got in this episode.

It occurred to me a couple of episodes ago, when he took Clara to the market and said he'd last been there with his granddaughter.

The Old Doctor

Happy Pony Day!

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm

David Bird wrote:
It occurred to me a couple of episodes ago, when he took Clara to the market and said he'd last been there with his granddaughter.

Yeah, there's been a lot of Susan drops between that and this past episode. I do suspect that she could turn out to be either Susan, or his recent daughter or perhaps even Susan's grandmother? It wouldn't be an unusual twist for Dr Who of late and what with the 50th anniversary and the return of David Tennant...

As a fan since childhood in the 70s starting with Jon Pertwee, this nostalgia is terrific for me. :-D
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Yeah, there's been a lot of Susan drops between that and this past episode. I do suspect that she could turn out to be either Susan, or his recent daughter or perhaps even Susan's grandmother? It wouldn't be an unusual twist for Dr Who of late and what with the 50th anniversary and the return of David Tennant...

As a fan since childhood in the 70s starting with Jon Pertwee, this nostalgia is terrific for me. :-D

I don't know about being his daughter. True they both regenerate, for lack of a better word, in to the same body, but Jenny knew who she was (or, at least it seemed she did). I don't know anything about Susan's grandmother.

The Old Doctor

Happy Pony Day!

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 pm

David Bird wrote:
I don't know about being his daughter. True they both regenerate, for lack of a better word, in to the same body, but Jenny knew who she was (or, at least it seemed she did). I don't know anything about Susan's grandmother.

We don't know anything about Susan's grandmother or that much about Susan really.
Was she really a Time Lord or an adopted child or perhaps a half Time Lord/ half human? I've always wondered and more so since the concept of the Time War. Was she too recalled for it? What was her fate? This could be a "gift" to older fans and link the past that much more with the present.

Hmmm... I wonder if River Song had any children with the Doctor... plus if Susan was biologically related to the Doctor as stated.. who was her grandmother and perhaps we should ask also, what was she? Time Lord? Human?

Tons of potential there with these theories. Or none if they do something else.

Sunless
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: THE Sunless

Postby Sunless » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 pm

When a sci fi show does an episode concerning time and by the end of it everything kinda resets...... God thats fucking annoying and cliche.

MistaT

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Thu May 02, 2013 12:43 pm

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007

The Old Doctor

Happy Pony Day!

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 3:28 pm

MistaT wrote::smt007 :smt007 :smt007

MINE!!! MINE!!!!

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby PDH » Thu May 02, 2013 7:34 pm

MistaT wrote::smt007 :smt007 :smt007

I'm honestly in love with her. All I have to do is murder the actor who plays Robb Stark who has somehow tricked her into being his girlfriend (presumably with drugs) and then let destiny (and drugs) bring us together.

The Old Doctor

Happy Pony Day!

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 7:40 pm

PDH wrote:
I'm honestly in love with her. All I have to do is murder the actor who plays Robb Stark who has somehow tricked her into being his girlfriend (presumably with drugs) and then let destiny (and drugs) bring us together.

No. Mine. I must hear her live on a daily basis, saying - "Doctor Who?" and "Clever boy." . Plus her calling other women "Cow".

Joking aside, she is probably the most cute and stunning companion the Doctor has had yet.
Bond Girls have competition... Who Girls.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat May 04, 2013 11:46 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I think there are two more seasons of Smith and then you may get what you want.

One more. He's signed on through Season 8.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sat May 04, 2013 2:21 pm

If anyone wants to hear what Punchy and me sound like, listen to any of the Northerners talking on tonight's Who.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 486 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:57 pm

"The Crimson Horror" ep last night was okay. Although the rocket blasting off in 19th century Yorkshire was a bit much :lol:
I like that Clara's kids (she nannies for) showed her the pic of her from Victorian London. Duh duh duuuuuh ! :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

The Old Doctor

Happy Pony Day!

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun May 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Zero wrote:If anyone wants to hear what Punchy and me sound like, listen to any of the Northerners talking on tonight's Who.

Was the Sontaran's view on Northerners correct? So when meeting Punchy... scissor grenades? :P

Tandoori Doctor. :lol:

IvCNuB4 wrote:"The Crimson Horror" ep last night was okay. Although the rocket blasting off in 19th century Yorkshire was a bit much :lol:
I like that Clara's kids (she nannies for) showed her the pic of her from Victorian London. Duh duh duuuuuh ! :P

I liked that too, it should move thing along given that final photo... Duh duh duuuuuh ! Indeed!

Ice Warriors, Sontarans, Silurians and Cybermen... feeling very nostalgic.

I keep thinking... the Time Lords are returning.

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Sun May 05, 2013 7:51 pm

"Trouble at mill." Ha!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum