Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 pm

misac wrote:
But it's to replace Marufuji. :-(

Ah man, my friends and I are going to the PPV live. Marufuji was one of the guys I was really looking forward to seeing. :(

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby misac » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Ah man, my friends and I are going to the PPV live. Marufuji was one of the guys I was really looking forward to seeing. :(

Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing him too.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby misac » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:03 am

Smackdown was kind of a let down. Undertaker vs Ambrose and Swagger vs Del Rio were good but Regal vs Barrett was a real throwaway match. Wish they hadn’t even bothered.

Instead they had Sheamus vs Big Show for the 100th time.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 61 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:36 pm

misac wrote:Smackdown was kind of a let down. Undertaker vs Ambrose and Swagger vs Del Rio were good but Regal vs Barrett was a real throwaway match. Wish they hadn’t even bothered.

Instead they had Sheamus vs Big Show for the 100th time.

The Layla/Aksana wasn't really worth checking out, either. Gotta agree that the Regal match should've been longer.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:46 pm

misac wrote:
Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing him too.

It sucks that he had the knee injury. Well, at least I'm still going to be able to see Taiji Ishimori live, something I haven't been able to claim before.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:33 am

Smackdown was a load of rubbish book-ended by two great matches.

The opener, between Swagger and Del Rio was a lot of fun, I'm enjoying this feud and making this a no disqualification match was a good escalation. It was brutal and as I've said before, the way these two reverse each other's submissions is really great. I do find it odd that Dolph Ziggler was nowhere to be seen here, but hey. I would also have liked to see Colter and Swagger do a promo attacking the UK audience, saying heelish stuff like America saved your ass in WW2 or bringing up the Revolutionary War. A feud that's all about America loses something when it's being played out in Europe, so they should have brought some more heat that way.

Layla/Aksana was a typical pointless women's match, but it was good to see Layla get a home-country win.

Fandango beat Justin Gabriel, which was actually an OK match now that I think about it, Fandango's top-rope leg-drops continue to be awesome.

Sheamus/Big Show is a match I never really want to see again, it's happened so many times it's boring. Both guys are a great in the ring, but they need to fight some different people. I did like Mark Henry's interference.

Wade Barrett Vs William Regal was a missed opportunity, it was way too short, it should have been a lot longer and given Regal a chance to get some offence in. But I did like Barrett's insulting of Regal, and it's good to see him win.

Orton/Henry... meh.

The Undertaker Vs Dean Ambrose was excellent, I am very impressed with Ambrose as a single's guy, he just looks crazy. And even though he lost, The Shield really won the day as they took out Undertaker and did their power-bomb through the table thang (and Roman Reigns did his best Spear ever thang). That was an amazing moment, it really got across how bad-ass The Shield were, more so even than when they've beaten down Cena or Ryback or The Rock or Kane or anyone. They took out The Undertaker FFS! I believe.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 74 posts

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 143 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 627 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 am

I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 pm

If he ruptured the tendon, that could keep him out until possibly the Royal Rumble next year. Would love to see a tournament for the belt on the next PPV after Extreme Rules.

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Some reports say its a possible achilles tendon injury. If thats so he could be out for a very long time. Really could change the landscape of the WWE title picture. Ceratainly dont want to see Ryback win it right now unless he is just gonna be a transitional champ. Dont know how many options they have right now. Punk is healing up, Y2J a part timer, who else?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 783 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Some reports say its a possible achilles tendon injury. If thats so he could be out for a very long time. Really could change the landscape of the WWE title picture. Ceratainly dont want to see Ryback win it right now unless he is just gonna be a transitional champ. Dont know how many options they have right now. Punk is healing up, Y2J a part timer, who else?

Ugh, as much as I hate the idea of putting the title on Ryback, you could put the title on him for the summer. Have him dominate a couple of guys at the next few PPV's and then bring back a face Punk to definitively beat Ryback and take the title at Summerslam. That is assuming that Cena will be taking any time off for his injury.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 pm

It's going to be quite enjoyable to read the Extreme Rules posts when Cena overcomes all the odds, including this injury, to retain his title.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 236 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:55 pm

syxxpakk wrote:It's going to be quite enjoyable to read the Extreme Rules posts when Cena overcomes all the odds, including this injury, to retain his title.

1) The injury is a work, designed for an angle tomorrow night.
2) If it's a legitimate injury, then they will obviously set up a triple threat match between Cena, Ryback, and the injury, and Cena will pin Ryback AND the injury at the same time to retain.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Does he have a big match tomorrow night? If do, this is the explanation for if he loses.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum