Advertisement

C2E2: Dark Horse to Release New Comic by Toadies Drummer

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 235 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Toadies Drummer Mark Reznicek can eat Ramen noodles WITH the flavor packet if you buy this comic book!

Source: Press Release

Make up your mind...

Decide to walk with me...

Around the lake tonight...

Around the lake tonight...

By MY side!

Dark Horse, in it's non-stop assault of press releases commemorating C2E2 this weekend, has announced that Donny Cates will team with Mark Reznicek, drummer of the one-hit-wonder nineties alternative band The Toadies, to produce a new comic called Buzzkill. We suppose Michael Ian Black, Chris Jericho, and the rest of the commentators from VH1's I Love The... series were unavailable. In any case, we're mildly amused to be reminded of the existence of The Toadies, and glad to hear that Reznicek can finally give up his day job as a medical study test subject and sperm donor to get back in the limelight with this new series, as the seven remaining Toadies fans have been waiting patiently for him to make his comeback.

Here's the press release:

C2E2: CATES & REZNICEK DEBUT BUZZKILL!

A NEW SUPERHERO SERIES OF BOOZIN’ AND BRUISIN’!

APRIL 28, CHICAGO, IL—From the minds of Donny Cates (Hunter Quaid) and Mark Reznicek (percussive force of the Toadies) comes a brand-new superhero series that packs an eighty-proof punch. Dark Horse Comics is thrilled to announce Buzzkill!

Ruben is not your average alcoholic; he’s an unstoppable superhero who derives his powers from imbibing massive amounts of alcohol. After all the disasters it’s caused in his personal life, he’s ready to get clean . . . and the city’s supervillains couldn’t be happier!

“What I like so much about the book is that while it has these wild superhero trappings, at its core it’s a very sweet and very personal story about the relationship between power and addiction, and the very real consequences of both,” states Donny Cates. “It’s something that really interests me, and I think that sometimes we approach issues like these in comics as punch lines. What we’ve really tried to do here is take something really devastating and horrible, and examine it through a very familiar terrain. Also, there is a character named Panteradactyl. So there’s that.”

In this wildly gorgeous new four-part miniseries from artist Geoff Shaw (Batman 80-Page Giant) and colorist Lauren Affe, Buzzkill is drunk with power!

“Working on Buzzkill is kinda like hanging out in a bar, drinking beers and doing shots with your buddy, and discussing the weirdest, wildest, most effed-up stuff you can think of to put in a comic. In fact, that’s exactly what it’s like,” says Mark Reznicek. “Donny Cates is the evil genius of comics, so it’s a total blast to work with him. If you ever wanted to see what a drunken, superpowered barroom brawl looks like, or wondered what would happen to bears in the airless vacuum of space, or wanted to see a baboon in a business suit . . . Buzzkill is the book for you!”

Buzzkill #1 is on sale September 18 in comic shops everywhere!

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 789 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: C2E2: Dark Horse to Release New Comic by Toadies Drummer

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Making friends! :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 789 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Also, lesson for DC, this is how you take a joke. Everyone here should buy this comic.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 pm

As one of those 7 remaining Toadies fans, I will keep an eye out for this.

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:29 pm

this will be on my radar.

also, that's a great song.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand