Advertisement

The ORIGINAL Twenty-Somethings Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: The ORIGINAL Twenty-Somethings Thread

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 am

MrBlack wrote:Probably not. Still a bit too much punching and kicking, and my son is at an age where he's copying whatever he sees on tv, reads in a book, or hears someone say (which is very unfortunate when he starts repeating what I've said after he, oh, I don't know, drops a book corner side down on my toe).

I started my son on the Lego games at age 5 with the Wii and to this date we still play all the games and look forward to when a new one comes out. When I'm not playing borderlands 2 I'll play a lego game. Do you have any of the games already?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 226 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am

RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am

GHERU wrote:Image

Yeah, my son would not fall for that. He knows too much about how the X-Box works. He even has a X-Box live account.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 79 posts

Postby MrBlack » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

bkthomson wrote:
I started my son on the Lego games at age 5 with the Wii and to this date we still play all the games and look forward to when a new one comes out. When I'm not playing borderlands 2 I'll play a lego game. Do you have any of the games already?

Not at this point. I'll probably get back into that when he's a bit older.

Sam has a couple of tablet games that are age appropriate that he really likes. In the meantime, I've been sticking to phone games. The only time I get to play "real" games is in the evening, and I've been too tired to do so for the last month.

b.lumpkin
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 1 post
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln

Postby b.lumpkin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

Keb wrote:Is it your first convention?

nay
i was at one in dallas around 6 years ago
i was impressed with the indy presence there, in fact that was where i first heard of red 5 comics and got the first issues of atomic robo and everything else in their early line.
the big 2 don't really come to tx much, but didio was there. i sat right by him at one of the panels and didn't even know who he was.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 294 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am

b.lumpkin wrote:nay
i was at one in dallas around 6 years ago
i was impressed with the indy presence there, in fact that was where i first heard of red 5 comics and got the first issues of atomic robo and everything else in their early line.
the big 2 don't really come to tx much, but didio was there. i sat right by him at one of the panels and didn't even know who he was.

:lol:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am

MrBlack wrote:Not at this point. I'll probably get back into that when he's a bit older.

Sam has a couple of tablet games that are age appropriate that he really likes. In the meantime, I've been sticking to phone games. The only time I get to play "real" games is in the evening, and I've been too tired to do so for the last month.

Totally understand, and I do not have a new-born to keep me busy. I swear when kids start getting into sports and after school activities it wears on you that laying in bed reading is about the most strenuous activity I can go for. Oh, plus my son, 2nd grade, has at most an hour and a half of homework a day.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 am

Damn yo! I never had that much homework even in university.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 79 posts

Postby MrBlack » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:34 am

bkthomson wrote:
Totally understand, and I do not have a new-born to keep me busy. I swear when kids start getting into sports and after school activities it wears on you that laying in bed reading is about the most strenuous activity I can go for. Oh, plus my son, 2nd grade, has at most an hour and a half of homework a day.

The evenings can be pretty rough. I actually got to play guitar for the first time in two weeks last night, which may be the longest I've gone without playing in nearly 20 years.

My typical day is as follows:
-Wake up at 7:00AM. Make coffee and do dishes. Get Sam up, dress him, and feed him. Drink coffee, shower, dress, play with kids (who demand my attention, even if there are other things to do).
-8:30-8:45, catch carpool.
-9:00-9:30, arrive at work.
-9:30-5:30, work.
-5:30-6:15, carpool home.
-6:15-8:00, play with Sam, feed him, do chores around the house (clean, groceries, cook, etc.).
-8:00, put Sam to bed. He may go to sleep right away, but usually takes about 30 minutes to calm down. It sometimes take until 9:00pm to get him down.
-8:00-9:00, cook dinner for Jess and I, do additional chores around the house.
-9:00-10:00, eat dinner, have some downtime.
-10:00-10:30, get ready for bed, hit the sack anywhere between 10:30 and 11:30, depending on what needs to be done around the house and how fussy Adam is.

Adam wakes up multiple times at night for feedings, which is harder on my wife than me, but keeps me from getting a full night's sleep. With spring here, about half of my weekend is spent doing yardwork, and the other half is devoted to playing with the kids and doing other chores. Finding free time is not easy.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:07 pm

At least you get to go for a swim on your way to work.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Keb wrote:Damn yo! I never had that much homework even in university.

Well, to be fair, my son is in an advanced elementary class that covers both 2nd and 3rd grade lessons in the 2nd grade. I realized after your post I should not have said anything about homework since I really do not like to come off as bragging by having to explain it.

Note, he gets it all from his mom, as did our daughter who tested into advance 1st grade for next year. (Yes, they test KG kids for advance placement, it was so odd to go to my daughter after school "how was testing? oh sorry berenstain bears are on, I'll ask later.")

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:33 pm

MrBlack wrote:The evenings can be pretty rough. I actually got to play guitar for the first time in two weeks last night, which may be the longest I've gone without playing in nearly 20 years.

My typical day is as follows:
-Wake up at 7:00AM. Make coffee and do dishes. Get Sam up, dress him, and feed him. Drink coffee, shower, dress, play with kids (who demand my attention, even if there are other things to do).
-8:30-8:45, catch carpool.
-9:00-9:30, arrive at work.
-9:30-5:30, work.
-5:30-6:15, carpool home.
-6:15-8:00, play with Sam, feed him, do chores around the house (clean, groceries, cook, etc.).
-8:00, put Sam to bed. He may go to sleep right away, but usually takes about 30 minutes to calm down. It sometimes take until 9:00pm to get him down.
-8:00-9:00, cook dinner for Jess and I, do additional chores around the house.
-9:00-10:00, eat dinner, have some downtime.
-10:00-10:30, get ready for bed, hit the sack anywhere between 10:30 and 11:30, depending on what needs to be done around the house and how fussy Adam is.

Adam wakes up multiple times at night for feedings, which is harder on my wife than me, but keeps me from getting a full night's sleep. With spring here, about half of my weekend is spent doing yardwork, and the other half is devoted to playing with the kids and doing other chores. Finding free time is not easy.

Damn. Wow, yeah my day ends around 8:30 - 9:00 when I help put the kids down to bed but if you are running solo to a degree while you wife cares for Adam I can see how it can chew up a lot of your time.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:02 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Well, to be fair, my son is in an advanced elementary class that covers both 2nd and 3rd grade lessons in the 2nd grade. I realized after your post I should not have said anything about homework since I really do not like to come off as bragging by having to explain it.

Note, he gets it all from his mom, as did our daughter who tested into advance 1st grade for next year. (Yes, they test KG kids for advance placement, it was so odd to go to my daughter after school "how was testing? oh sorry berenstain bears are on, I'll ask later.")

I was in the advanced learning program in elementary school. I hated it though so I left. I missed having class with my friends.

Natural born slacker :-D

The WORST thing just happened. I was taking the dog out and I got on the elevator with this fine ass girl and Phife was all trying to play with her and shit and I realized I was looking mad bummy with a hole and cooking stains on my t-shirt. I had to tell Phife that he chooses to run game for me at the most inopportune moments. Now he is angry with me and will not come out from under the bed.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Keb wrote:I was in the advanced learning program in elementary school. I hated it though so I left. I missed having class with my friends.

Natural born slacker :-D

The WORST thing just happened. I was taking the dog out and I got on the elevator with this fine ass girl and Phife was all trying to play with her and shit and I realized I was looking mad bummy with a hole and cooking stains on my t-shirt. I had to tell Phife that he chooses to run game for me at the most inopportune moments. Now he is angry with me and will not come out from under the bed.

But it is not the clothes but the personality. You could have done something to distract her from your holes and stains.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:31 pm

I live in a condo near the water. Everyone here is as stuffy as I make them out to be.

Clothes matter. I get looks from people when I roll into the building's gym in a beat up T and my ball shorts.

Besides, I smelled like ground turkey. No one runs game on a chick smelling like ground turkey. :P

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum