Advertisement

Soccer in general

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Soccer in general

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:09 am

I also think it's a bit shitty of Bayern to do this now rather than wait until the season is over, it could really disrupt Dortmund's dressing room and ruin their Champion's League chances.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 am

It was Gotze's agent that has told Dortmund of Bayern's intentions and I guess Dortmund wanted to be ahead of the game rather than Bayern just rocking up and seemingly saying "oh yeah by the way, we're buying that guy, thanks".

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Bayern Munich 4 - 0 Barcelona

Holy Shit

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Guardiola just transfer listed Robben.

If a manager teaches him the benefits of passing he could be a big signing.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:08 pm

I've heard that the 0 - 0 tie between QPR and Reading that relegated both teams was a boring game. QPR might bounce back, but I think it'll be harder for Reading to get back to the Premier League.

Thank you Troy for the sig

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:13 pm

QPR could easily go down again or come straight back up.

Really impressed with the PFA team of the year. Take out Hazard and you've got the perfect team.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Jubilee wrote:QPR could easily go down again or come straight back up.

Really impressed with the PFA team of the year. Take out Hazard and you've got the perfect team.

with their golden parachute and the money they'll get from offloading all their stars they should be able to rebuild pretty well. harry indicates that he'll stay with them too which was a surprise. reading are fucked though.

btw love this :lol:

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Speaking of QPR selling, this transfer window is looking to be massive:

Pep coming to bayern
City will spend big to regain tittle
United looking to keep top spot
Chelsea's new manager would want new players
Most of QPR team
Dortmund to possibly replace alot of players
Emerging players in low tier clubs i.e Benteke
PSG to keep developing its team with big players
If spurs miss top 4 , big money for bale

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 am

Suarez got booed at the PFA bash by a fair few of the other professionals in attendance :lol:

And I agree about Hazard not deserving that spot. Michu deserved it by far.

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
with their golden parachute and the money they'll get from offloading all their stars they should be able to rebuild pretty well. harry indicates that he'll stay with them too which was a surprise. reading are fucked though.

btw love this :lol:

But they're on a loss of millions. They've spent far too much money this year, it's not like they're going to be swimming in cash. They've got a squad without much sell on potential on massive wages.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Jubilee wrote:
But they're on a loss of millions. They've spent far too much money this year, it's not like they're going to be swimming in cash. They've got a squad without much sell on potential on massive wages.

I hope they don't end up in the same position Wolves has found themselves in this year. With Redknapp in charge, they at least seem to have a manager competent enough for that not to happen -- at least I hope.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I hope they don't end up in the same position Wolves has found themselves in this year. With Redknapp in charge, they at least seem to have a manager competent enough for that not to happen -- at least I hope.

they've got a lot of players to offload. i agree though outside of remy, hoilett, taarabt and m'bia there isn't much selling value to recoup their spending. doubt zenit still want to spend 12.5mil for samba :lol:

The biggest shocker though was that Granero said in an interview he wants to stay and fight to get back into the league next season :shock:

Ironically Joey Barton summed it up best though as he was frank enough to give the opinion that Fernandes and Redknapp probably wanted to give:

I can't believe QPR have just been relegated and Boswinga was walking down the tunnel laughing! Embarrassing. Show some guts man...Gutted for the club. To many wankers amongst the playing staff. All brought in by Hughes. Some good lads but not enough. Too many maggots

For the record, before tomorrow papers say, 'Barton has a go at QPR' I haven't I have had a pop at players and those who recruited them. Its the club an supporters I feel for. They don't get the chance to move club or switch alliances, they are left to pick up the bits. Lot of those within that dressing room, have to have a good long look in the mirror. Spoke to a few o the better lads over the course of......the season an it seems things just became ridiculous in the end. Its seems an awful lot must change if they are to have any chance......of turning it around next year. The club needs to change from top to bottom. I wish them every success in doing that.

Believe it or not I am actually gutted for QPR. I reckon more than some of the current playing squad. Some good people at that club. They just trusted the wrong people. And got royally fucked over. I did tell them this would happen in August. Oh, how I wish they had just listened. It could have saved a lot of heartache. Will I go back? I do have 2 year contract but it is also true..that Marseille have made me an offer to stay. On the the season finishes, i'll sit down with my family and decide. It will be difficult......for me to leave Marseille. A club that is close to my heart. That backed me when nobody else did. I'll never ever forget that. For me, it..will be hard to leave here but I am owned by QPR. I will sit down after the season and talk with all parties. I will never move for money..again. I did that once and it was a catastrophic error. I promised myself I would never do it again.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 am

awesome game yesterday by benfica eliminating fenerbahce and what a goal from david luiz
now its benfica-chelsea in the finals,hope we can take it but is a difficult game

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat May 04, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm happy to see Palace get into the playoffs for the final promotion spot to the Premier League, but I am a little worried about their chances. Only winning one of their last ten games doesn't give them the sort of momentum you want going into a playoff.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat May 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Hull promoted to the Premiership because of a Leeds win.

I'm so conflicted! Fucking Hull

Oh, my brother was at the Palace game today, when he goes, they win, he's a good-luck charm.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum