Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1065 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Lord Simian wrote:2) If it's a legitimate injury, then they will obviously set up a triple threat match between Cena, Ryback, and the injury, and Cena will pin Ryback AND the injury at the same time to retain.

Cena may be able to overcome Ryback AND the injury to retain the title at Extreme Rules BUT will he be able to survive Dry Ice when it assaults him during his victory speech the following night on RAW?

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 301 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Grayson wrote:
Cena may be able to overcome Ryback AND the injury to retain the title at Extreme Rules BUT will he be able to survive Dry Ice when it assaults him during his victory speech the following night on RAW?

Won't have to: Triple H's music will hit, as The Game comes down to stare Dry Ice in the face, setting up for Hunter getting his win back at SummerSlam.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby Bianco » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm

If this is a legit injury to the point of not being able to compete then they might take the title off him Monday. If they don't trust Ryback there is always Brock, he could win challange Cena win then lose to HHH at the PPV making him the big hero

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Achilles tendon injury took out edge for almost a year.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:24 pm

I hate to spoil the party, but he apparently was hurt all week and worked through it. I don't think he'll be missing any significant amount of time over it.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Punchy wrote:Smackdown was a load of rubbish book-ended by two great matches.

The opener, between Swagger and Del Rio was a lot of fun, I'm enjoying this feud and making this a no disqualification match was a good escalation. It was brutal and as I've said before, the way these two reverse each other's submissions is really great. I do find it odd that Dolph Ziggler was nowhere to be seen here, but hey. I would also have liked to see Colter and Swagger do a promo attacking the UK audience, saying heelish stuff like America saved your ass in WW2 or bringing up the Revolutionary War. A feud that's all about America loses something when it's being played out in Europe, so they should have brought some more heat that way.

Layla/Aksana was a typical pointless women's match, but it was good to see Layla get a home-country win.

Fandango beat Justin Gabriel, which was actually an OK match now that I think about it, Fandango's top-rope leg-drops continue to be awesome.

Sheamus/Big Show is a match I never really want to see again, it's happened so many times it's boring. Both guys are a great in the ring, but they need to fight some different people. I did like Mark Henry's interference.

Wade Barrett Vs William Regal was a missed opportunity, it was way too short, it should have been a lot longer and given Regal a chance to get some offence in. But I did like Barrett's insulting of Regal, and it's good to see him win.

Orton/Henry... meh.

The Undertaker Vs Dean Ambrose was excellent, I am very impressed with Ambrose as a single's guy, he just looks crazy. And even though he lost, The Shield really won the day as they took out Undertaker and did their power-bomb through the table thang (and Roman Reigns did his best Spear ever thang). That was an amazing moment, it really got across how bad-ass The Shield were, more so even than when they've beaten down Cena or Ryback or The Rock or Kane or anyone. They took out The Undertaker FFS! I believe.

They should have switched match times with Sheamus/Big Show and Barrett/Regal. What a bunch of boneheads.

Regal had a good match against Kassius Ohno on NXT a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve said it before but I’d really like to see a feud between Ambrose and Orton in a battle of the craziest MFers!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:49 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Nice!

:-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Some reports say its a possible achilles tendon injury. If thats so he could be out for a very long time. Really could change the landscape of the WWE title picture. Ceratainly dont want to see Ryback win it right now unless he is just gonna be a transitional champ. Dont know how many options they have right now. Punk is healing up, Y2J a part timer, who else?

The Shield! Freebird rules. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

syxxpakk wrote:It's going to be quite enjoyable to read the Extreme Rules posts when Cena overcomes all the odds, including this injury, to retain his title.

:lol: :lol:

:-(

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Nothing important just a funny observation that my girlfriend made. Last night while we were catching up on shows that we missed while we were away this weekend, we were watching a show where one of the main characters gets covered in sweat bands and wears them for the rest of the episode. My girlfriend turns to me with a straight face and says "Is she supposed to be John Cena? She looks stupid." She doesn't really pay much attention to wrestling when I watch it but she really hates all the sweatbands he insists on wearing and I didn't expect her to just use a reference like that out of no where. :lol:
ImageImageImage

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 507 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Star Lord » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:36 pm

It's been an ok episode of RAW, nothing spectacular and up to this Dance Off Bullshit nothing shitty. Then they did that and it got real shitty real quick.

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 451 posts

Postby pastajoe » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Another Herculian effort by Cena in the main event, too bad the leg gave out. And kudos for his work with Make a Wish.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 pm

pastajoe wrote:And kudos for his work with Make a Wish.

Agreed. I don't care for Cena the character but John Cena seems like a pretty good guy outside of the ring.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 am

So Cena's ankle cost him the main event? HMMMM.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:It's been an ok episode of RAW, nothing spectacular and up to this Dance Off Bullshit nothing shitty. Then they did that and it got real shitty real quick.

Summer Rae was offically named at least. :P

There was some good wrestling.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum