Advertisement

Kevin Feige talks about Marvel Studios' Phase Two

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu May 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige on Avengers 2 new recruits, Thor 2, Cap 2, and internet leaks, plus a few new images from upcoming movies.

Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, spoke with Entertainment Weekly last week about Marvel's plans for 'Phase Two'.  We touched on the new recruits of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch a few days ago:

All of the Avengers from the first movie will be back and they will be the core team, but what's fun is that the roster shifts. It was always the intention to have a story line that brought in, obviously, new bad guys and potentially new heroes. I'm not confirming nor denying [Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver], but the draft could change six months from now. If we're going to add new characters, they're going to be a major part of the movie.

But, Feige also went on to share Alan Taylor's vision for Thor: The Dark World.

Alan is bringing a grittier, more textured patina to the designs of the worlds, and to Asgard in particular. It's less to chase either Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings - because you're not going to catch up. But part of the fun of Thor over the other characters is he doesn't have to stay on Earth. We visit a few of the other realms in this new movie.

Feige offered a few details of the importance of the phase two movies, offering that they are more than just placeholders in between the Avengers movies.

There are things in [Iron Man 3], in the next Thor movie, and particularly in the next Cap movie that will drastically change the landscape between Avengers and Avengers 2.

In Captain America 2, they had a hero with nowhere to go after the Avengers split, so he decides to continue working with SHIELD.

We weren’t going back to World War II. Cap cannot travel in time. So while Tony can go home to Malibu and Thor goes up to Asgard and Hulk can sort of ride the rails, Cap was stuck. So Cap does stay with S.H.I.E.L.D. because he has nowhere else to go. But he’s not necessarily comfortable there.

With the greatest generation in World War II, there’s a tendency to reflect on that period and say. ‘Things were black and white back then, and now it’s hard to know who the bad guys are.’ We wanted to play on that a little with Cap being uncomfortable with the way S.H.I.E.L.D., and in particular Nick Fury, operates. Fury certainly rides a line, sort of rides the shadows. He has, I think, lied to every character in every movie, though always for seemingly for the good.

Edgar Wright's Ant-Man has had to go back to the drawing board a bit according to Feige, as the Marvel movie-verse wasn't really well formed when it was first scripted.  He offered a bit on the work so far with the pre-production.

Frankly, now we have to re-write it to put it a little bit more into the [Marvel Cinematic Universe] because it was written before it existed.

We’ve talked about various names over the past eight years but as you can imagine they keep changing as time goes by. But towards the end of this year, we’ll buckle down and start casting and start refining the script, which is great and which is very Edgar. He has done a great job being incredibly true to the comics but is putting his own spin on it, so we’ll be drawing on multiple mythologies for this one.

Feige didn't stop with EW, talking with slashfilm about the issues of internet leaks and rumors plaguing modern movies.  Though Feige seems to call out Latino Review, Peter Sciretta (of slashfilm) deflected the idea of getting specific, instead wanting him to address the problem as a whole.

Here’s what I will say, since X-men one frankly, where a photo was stolen off a wardrobe thing and it was the very first look of Hugh Jackman in costume as him under flourescents… it looked awful. (Laughs) It was just like “Oh, this is the world we are living in. This is the reality.” So we’ve always just accepted it. Spy pictures will leak and we used to try to run ahead and put out a cool picture first. Now if we have a cool picture we will put it out, but if we don’t, that’s okay.

Misinformation… You know, it gets a little annoying when somebody is like “This is what’s happening! This is what Kevin Feige is doing!” It’s annoying when they are right and it’s equally annoying when they are wrong, because everybody passes it. “Planet Hulk is the next thing” and everybody talks about it and you’re just like “Okay, but you’ll be disappointed if you’re expecting it.”

...nobody knew about Redford until we announced it. Nobody knew about what you know now having seen Iron Man 3, so as long as there are secrets that big that are still being kept, I know it’s nobody in the inner circle.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 346 posts

Re: Kevin Feige talks about Marvel Studios' Phase Two

Postby Lord Simian » Thu May 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Is Kevin Feige crazy? Doesn't he understand that latinoreview has WAY MORE industry credited scoops than he does?!?!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1092 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Like this site, this thread and article needs more patina.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu May 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Like this site, this thread and article needs more patina.

I have no idea what you mean, sorry.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 216 posts

Postby misac » Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 pm

That’s a cool image of Bucky.

I hope Cap gets a flying car. :D

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 805 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm

xaraan wrote:

I have no idea what you mean, sorry.

Now you are part of the club

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1092 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu May 02, 2013 7:20 pm

But, Feige also went on to share Alan Taylor's vision for Thor: The Dark World.

Alan is bringing a grittier, more textured patina to the designs of the worlds, and to Asgard in particular.

Probably the most over used word in the English language right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patina

Patina (pron.: /ˈpætɨnə/ or /pəˈtiːnə/) is a tarnish that forms on the surface of copper, bronze and similar metals (produced by oxidation or other chemical processes); stone;[1] a sheen on wooden furniture produced by age, wear, and polishing; or any such acquired change of a surface through age and exposure. Patinas can provide a protective layer to materials that would otherwise be damaged by corrosion or weathering. They may also be aesthetically appealing.

I've heard used in political topics, economic topics, CGI and damn near everything to do with music or hollywood.

It's the new cowbell.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Probably the most over used word in the English language right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patina

I've heard used in political topics, economic topics, CGI and damn near everything to do with music or hollywood.

It's the new cowbell.

I knew what the word meant, I didn't know what you meant when you said the site needed more of it. I'm assuming now, sarcasm, but it didn't come through before. :smt102

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1329 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Didn't he also confirm Zoe Saldana as Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie?

Anti-Life Mike
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Destroyer of Worlds
Formerly: Nobody

Postby Anti-Life Mike » Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm

I don't like the "patina" of these upcoming films! :lol:

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby doombug » Thu May 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Still excited that both Punisher and Ghost Rider film rights have returned to Marvel

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri May 03, 2013 12:41 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Didn't he also confirm Zoe Saldana as Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie?

LR? Yea, well, he leaked it or whatever, but I believe it was officially confirmed yesterday.

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1329 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri May 03, 2013 12:57 am

xaraan wrote:

LR? Yea, well, he leaked it or whatever, but I believe it was officially confirmed yesterday.

Oh, okay. The first time I heard about it was yesterday. So it was a rumor before that? I'm always late to the game on these things.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri May 03, 2013 1:09 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Didn't he also confirm Zoe Saldana as Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie?

I'm definitely interested as a result. I wish I could clone her and make her a part of my growing harem.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri May 03, 2013 1:10 am

doombug wrote:Still excited that both Punisher and Ghost Rider film rights have returned to Marvel

I wish we could say the same thing for FF as well. I have no faith that the next FF movie will be done right for some reason.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum