Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Thu May 02, 2013 5:39 pm

kingbeavis wrote:Wayne's World

You go to hell, you go to hell and die. :smt011

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu May 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:
You go to hell, you go to hell and die. :smt011

Not a Wayne's World fan huh? Then don't open this link from last week...
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 01388.html

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Thu May 02, 2013 5:53 pm

West World. Yul Brenner's role as the relentless robot cowboy is timeless but the rest of the movie did not age well. Considering other films of the era, they could have done better showing the whole resort going into chaos as the computers flip out and kill everyone.

I was going to say Weird Science but then I heard they are remaking it. At first I was :smt026
Then I heard they were going with the hard R raunchy comedy route. And then I was :roll:

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Death Wish – Maybe with Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing the lead.

Men at Work – Always wanted a sequel but I don’t know if I’d still see it after Charlie Sheen lost it.

Remo Williams – Remake.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Grayson wrote:Looks like Hollywood finally listened to me for a change:

BC: Jurassic Park 4 Taking Us Back To Isla Nublar, Director Tweets From His Location Scout

Please let this new guy do a much better job than that hack director who replaced Spieldberg in the third one.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Mon May 06, 2013 7:56 am

Black_Orchid wrote:West World. Yul Brenner's role as the relentless robot cowboy is timeless but the rest of the movie did not age well. Considering other films of the era, they could have done better showing the whole resort going into chaos as the computers flip out and kill everyone.

I was going to say Weird Science but then I heard they are remaking it. At first I was :smt026
Then I heard they were going with the hard R raunchy comedy route. And then I was :roll:

I was the only one in my theater to laugh at the West World joke in Iron Man 3

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 pm

I guess the powers that be thought MI4 needed a sequel...

Tom Cruise signs on for Mission Impossible 5

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Schlemmer wrote:I was the only one in my theater to laugh at the West World joke in Iron Man 3

A lot of people at our showing got it.

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Mon May 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:West World. Yul Brenner's role as the relentless robot cowboy is timeless but the rest of the movie did not age well. Considering other films of the era, they could have done better showing the whole resort going into chaos as the computers flip out and kill everyone...

What other films of the era? I consider it one of the greatest sci-fi films from the first half of the 1970's.

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:
What other films of the era? I consider it one of the greatest sci-fi films from the first half of the 1970's.

That's the catch, first half of the 70's. The last half of the 70's and throwing in movies like 2001 and Andromeda Strain, the curve is thrown.

There's some consideration given MGM's state at the time. And as much as I hate grim and gritty, West World could do with a darker version.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue May 07, 2013 8:52 am

Black_Orchid wrote:
A lot of people at our showing got it.

My theater was packed, but kinda quiet.

Maybe the Croods was sold out, and they just walked into the next theater not knowing what else to watch...

The Shadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby The Shadow » Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Boondock Saints III needs to get made.

Victory-prime

Faster Pussycat

Postby Victory-prime » Thu May 09, 2013 1:45 am

get ready to laugh... meteor man! i thought the movie was pretty good.

leave a comment with facebook