Advertisement

Indestructible Hulk #7 (Very old chicken Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

Indestructible Hulk #7 (Very old chicken Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:22 am

I spent most of my review of Indestructible Hulk #6 talking about how awesome it was that Hulk picked up Mjolnir, so I was pretty cheesed off that this issue begins by explaining that Hulk wasn’t really holding the Hammer, he was just being pulled along by Thor willing it back to him. Way to be a buzzkill, Waid! (although he said on Twitter that this gag was Walt Simonson’s idea, so… way to be a buzzkill, Walt!)

Other than that, this was another strong issue of Hulk, there’s some great, large-scale stuff with Thor and Hulk fighting the Frost Giants, but Waid also continues to develop the supporting scientist characters he introduced. We find out that Melinda Leucenstern used to work for Baron Zemo, and most intriguingly, we discover that Patty Wolman has a life-threatening illness and only joined up with Banner because she wants to commit S.B.H., that is, Suicide By Hulk. That’s all-kinds of messed-up and a very interesting concept. Just like with Daredevil, Waid, despite being a wily old-timer, is coming at these classic characters with fresh eyes and doing things that many other writers would not think to do.

And even though he crushed my Hulk-with-Hammer dreams, Walt Simonson’s art on this title is still great, as I’ve said before, he’s just as good as he always was, and seeing him draw classic Thor one more time is a real treat.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand