Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Bendis reveals how big AoU death changed Marvel Continuity

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 11:10 am

:smt011

Was the DC debacle(s) not enough to learn from?

Marvel Now was going so good too...

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Fri May 03, 2013 5:23 pm

First I have heard about this. You have got to be kidding me

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Fri May 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Keb wrote:Maybe if he put some of that effort into Age of Ultron, it would actually be semi-decent. The fact that Bendis can compile this list in his spare time just proves thatfanboys need to not be writers. Too much attachment to the characters.

I very much doubt that he did it all by himself.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri May 03, 2013 5:46 pm

You know, it's interesting in the regard that for storytelling purposes, people always assume that the ripple effect is negative, that it cascades and cascades until everybody's fucked.

But just say, for instance, we use the Hitler analogy. Hitler is killed in, say, 1920.

Maybe there's no Third Reich, no World War II. And maybe one of those people who died in the war at 18 goes on to become a doctor at age 30 and comes up with the cure for cancer, saving millions of lives.

I'm actually more patient with this series than most -- look. We already know that Hank Pym and Vision are walking away from this thing at the end, somehow. But I think the trope doesn't have to always be negative -- who's to say that, like it was said in the document, that maybe Bill Foster steps up and becomes a better hero and scientist, fulfills Pym's role but with better results? Why couldn't that have happened?

Again, the trope doesn't always have to be negative.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri May 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote::smt011

Given that this event was supposed to have been released a year ago and in more current Marvel stories Hank Pym is still alive, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to stick.

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Fri May 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Given that this event was supposed to have been released a year ago and in more current Marvel stories Hank Pym is still alive, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to stick.

You know it's a weird day when Stephen is the bearer of good news.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Stephen Day wrote:

Yeah and I am glad of that. Now if only DC would show much of the same sense.

Marvel Now is going to stay good. :-D
Except for the space armor in Iron Man which is one of the ugliest ones yet. The Black and Gold one was better. I miss it.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri May 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Keb wrote:Maybe if he put some of that effort into Age of Ultron, it would actually be semi-decent. The fact that Bendis can compile this list in his spare time just proves thatfanboys need to not be writers. Too much attachment to the characters.

I disagree with this for one big reason: If you're going to do time-travel stories, doing so in this fashion means you have to walk it through. I'd actually be more disappointed if he didn't walk through the entire scenario, at some point.

Hank Pym...he hasn't always been a great character, hasn't always been written well. But he did stuff. Removing him from the timeline...it's just a look at what could have happened. I'm not trying to convince anyone to like the series; that's a choice. I'm just saying that I've enjoyed it, for the most part.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 5:54 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:
You know it's a weird day when Stephen is the bearer of good news.

Things changed that much while I was gone?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 5:55 pm

I wonder... remove Jarvis and what would happen?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri May 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Stephen Day wrote:

Only the first, Hitch-drawn half of the series was written back in the past, the second half was written by Bendis recently and with full knowledge of Marvel Now.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri May 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Things changed that much while I was gone?

No, he's just joking around. :-D

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote::smt011

It'll be undone.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
No, he's just joking around. :-D

Oh good. It was like a Bizarro OH for a little while there.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Zechs wrote:
It'll be undone.

Now if only that could be factually said about the DC52.

leave a comment with facebook