Advertisement

Uncanny Avengers #7 (Progressive Hipster Propaganda Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 282 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: Uncanny Avengers #7 (Progressive Hipster Propaganda Spoi

Postby Keb » Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 am

Grayson wrote:
Agreed but I don't think it will last long. There is no way that child protective services will allow Kang to keep homicidal twins with a weapon that can split a cosmic deity's head open.

CPS man gon' take my kids!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 754 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat May 04, 2013 12:44 am

Keb wrote:CPS man gon' take my kids!

Not your kids Keb! CPS is going after Kang's kids which are actually Archangel's kids that Kang kidnapped from their mother and the rest of her creepy Apocalypse cult...

...come to think of it, why hasn't CPS already stepped in on this one? :smt017
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat May 04, 2013 1:41 am

habitual wrote:
We do know that Apocalpyse's armor was a gift from the Celestials and it shouldn't be more effective than what they wear.

Not a huge plot problem, but, noticeable.

Hab

I saw his armor get sliced up by an enchanted axe that was designed to cut through the Celestial armor that empowers him and it injured him badly enough to retreat.

Besides, Isn't Apocalypse's mutant power 100% control over his molecules? You could argue that's how he survived.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 282 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sat May 04, 2013 1:51 am

Grayson wrote:
Not your kids Keb! CPS is going after Kang's kids which are actually Archangel's kids that Kang kidnapped from their mother and the rest of her creepy Apocalypse cult...

...come to think of it, why hasn't CPS already stepped in on this one? :smt017

They are too busy working on real cases.

I don't have any kids for them to take.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 148 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

I saw his armor get sliced up by an enchanted axe that was designed to cut through the Celestial armor that empowers him and it injured him badly enough to retreat.

Besides, Isn't Apocalypse's mutant power 100% control over his molecules? You could argue that's how he survived.

By that argument you're saying that Apocalypse is more powerful than a Celestial?

That's an even bigger plot problem.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby dairydead » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 am

habitual wrote:
By that argument you're saying that Apocalypse is more powerful than a Celestial?

Hab

how is that a "plot problem"?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat May 04, 2013 10:38 am

habitual wrote:

Hab

What? No what I'm saying is that axe was specifically enchanted to fight Celestials no more. Once it got past his armor Apocalypse was capable of surviving it because of his natural powers.

Its like, do you expect Wolverine to die because someone cleaves into him with an axe or do you expect him to heal from it?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat May 04, 2013 10:44 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
What? No what I'm saying is that axe was specifically enchanted to fight Celestials no more. Once it got past his armor Apocalypse was capable of surviving it because of his natural powers.

Its like, do you expect Wolverine to die because someone cleaves into him with an axe or do you expect him to heal from it?

The Axe was specifically enhanced to penetrate Apocalypse's armor, which was crafted by the Celestials.

The idea that Apocalypse could survive something that a Celestial could not is where the entire problem lies. At the end of the day you could make this work, but, not in one panel.

Hab

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 am

habitual wrote:
The Axe was specifically enhanced to penetrate Apocalypse's armor, which was crafted by the Celestials.

The idea that Apocalypse could survive something that a Celestial could not is where the entire problem lies. At the end of the day you could make this work, but, not in one panel.

Hab

you're not reading what i wrote, i'm saying it was meant to be a celestial's version of kryptonite: tears them apart and basically just another axe to anyone else. apocalypse has celestial armor that enhances his powers, he isn't A celestial.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat May 04, 2013 10:53 am

dairydead wrote:
how is that a "plot problem"?

It's like saying that a henchman is more powerful than the villain that hired him. Apocalypse was given his powers by the Celestials and it's been well established that he isn't as powerful as any one of them. Internal consistency is a very important thing in storytelling, and stories can begin to fall apart if a writer doesn't maintain it.

From my point of view when it comes to this axe, now that we've seen it kill a Celestial, I fear I'm going to be taken right out of the story every time it's used. If it split a Celestial's armour, why didn't it destroy that wall it hit when that hero ducked? If it split a Celstial's armour, why didn't it put a huge crater in the pavement after that hero moved out of the way? These sort of questions are going to come up quite often in my mind in the next few issues. I fear it's going to get really annoying and distracting.

In short, I hold firmly to the thought that showing the axe doing that this soon into the story was a really bad idea.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
you're not reading what i wrote, i'm saying it was meant to be a celestial's version of kryptonite: tears them apart and basically just another axe to anyone else. apocalypse has celestial armor that enhances his powers, he isn't A celestial.

If that's what is eventually shown than I'm fine with it. The problem is, that's not been established and as far as is known so far it's a hugely powerful weapon that can break Celestial armour.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 754 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat May 04, 2013 10:57 am

fieldy snuts wrote:you're not reading what i wrote, i'm saying it was meant to be a celestial's version of kryptonite: tears them apart and basically just another axe to anyone else. apocalypse has celestial armor that enhances his powers, he isn't A celestial.

It would be like Lex Luthor discovering a magical enchantment that is fatal to Kryptonians. Whatever weapon he chose to use the enchantment on would be deadlier to Superman than it would be to a person who is simply wearing Kryptonian armor, especially if that person had a natural healing factor or could control the molecules in their body. Once the weapon cleaves the armor is stops being as effective because it is only enchanted to do extra damage to a specific type of physiology, whereas it would continue to harm someone or something of Kryptonian origin because that is its intended purpose.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 am

fieldy snuts wrote:

Yes, I did, I'm saying what your wrote isn't what happened.

The Axe was enchanted to fight Apocalypse, it worked on a Celestial because by extension Apocalypse's armor is Celestial technology. That was the whole idea behind Kang's manipulations.

Reading this comic you'd think Celestials were weaker than even Eternals.

Hab

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 94 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun May 05, 2013 3:56 pm

habitual wrote:

Hab

Celestials eat guys like Apocalypse for breakfast.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand