Advertisement

Age of Ultron #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Age of Ultron #7

Postby Punchy » Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

Ultron has appeared in the book, just not THE Ultron.

Advertisement

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu May 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Believe it or not, other than some pretty obvious annoyances that others have mentioned -- like Black Panther dying by falling down some effing steps -- I've actually enjoyed the series.

I gave Bendis a pass, for the most part, for not showing Ultron and the destruction/takeover, because I'm willing to let creators tell stories in the way they are attempting. I'll roll with it, as best I can, so a creator can try to do their thing -- it's not like I haven't read, what, a dozen or so storylines with Ultron in years past?

To be honest...it's not a great series. But to me, it's not that bad -- it's like a popcorn event. There are some splashy moments and over-the-top twists that you see coming from a mile away, and at the end of it all, you know some kind of miracle's coming out of nowhere to "fix it."

My biggest thing about this series is that Marvel really should have held onto it until they needed a flat-out, absolute reset on something, something where they realized, "Holy shit, we really need to look at what we're doing here and pull it back to (insert era)."

But to run it right now...Marvel NOW! has already started. It's not like we don't know that Kang is straight fucking things up in Uncanny Avengers, and Jonathan Hickman's got some crazy shit going on in Avengers and New Avengers, and Bendis himself has craziness with time travel going on in All-New X-Men.

So, to me...I probably would've saved Age of Ultron for another time. Hell, that might've even given Bryan Hitch the time to draw the whole damn thing, which would've been sweet.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu May 02, 2013 3:56 pm

It's not House of M bad (they did kill Luke Cage), but, for 7 issues in, it's been terminally boring.

Hab

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1041 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 02, 2013 4:33 pm

I don't know, the first 5 issues of the series just weren't very good. Honestly, they could and should have been condensed into one issue. The last 2 issues have been better but that isn't saying much.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 am

After last issue’s shocking ending (well, shocking to me at least) where Wolverine killed Hank Pym, it’s a whole new world for Age Of Ultron, and since I’m a sucker for alternate universes, I enjoyed seeing how things have turned out differently for the world without Ant-Man.

It’s a simple pleasure, I know, but it’s one thing I can’t shake, parallel universes are just fun. We only get a little bit of info about this one, but it’s tantalising stuff. The biggest change seems to be that Iron Man is in charge of the world, but there’s more to it than that. Instead of the Avengers, the Defenders are the biggest team around, and they are made up of very different versions of familiar faces. Captain America only has 1 eye and is now a Colonel, Cyclops is similarly impaired and is called Cable. Janet Van Dyne is Captain Marvel (and seems to be in a relationship with Cable, which is interesting, especially since last week in Uncanny Avengers she was flirting with his brother, I guess even across universes, Janet has a thing for the Summers boys). The Thing has holes in his body and he seems to be the only member of the FF still around, and there’s more changes than that.

Your enjoyment of this issue will probably depend on your appreciation for parallel universes, and since we all know that this reality is not long for this world, you may not have the patience for it, but I personally dig it. Age Of Ultron has certainly not turned out how I expected it to, and that’s probably a good thing. Just like with last issue, I really liked how Pacheco and Peterson were used to draw the different time-periods, they are both doing excellent work here, and whilst it’s a simple technique, it’s always effective. Also, Pacheco draws a great T-Rex.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 221 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat May 04, 2013 6:05 am

Bendis came up with a list of everything the death of Hank Pym would change:
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/po ... -as-to-how

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 407 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Bendis came up with a list of everything the death of Hank Pym would change:
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/po ... -as-to-how

Old news...
the-news-stand/bendis-reveals-how-big-aou-death-changed-marvel-continuity-t94101.html

the-asylum/super-pym-death-tournament-t94128.html?hilit=bendis

And even older from April 18th...
Amoebas wrote:Hank Pym has now apparently been murdered in July 1967.

So he didn't accidently create Ultron.
And so Ultron never created the Vision.
Who never married the Scarlet Witch.
Who never had kids that were taken from her.
So she never went crazy.

And therefore Bendis never had a career in comics.

Yeah. I can live with that.
:-D

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 828 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat May 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Don't get me wrong, I've hated the first 6 issues of this series with a passion, but I enjoyed the alternate universe Avengers and thus this issue. I think they should replace the regular universe Avengers, who were ruined by their fascist actions in the Avengers vs. X-Men event. It's refreshing to see Avengers who aren't complete dickheads.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1041 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat May 04, 2013 12:53 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Don't get me wrong, I've hated the first 6 issues of this series with a passion, but I enjoyed the alternate universe Avengers and thus this issue. I think they should replace the regular universe Avengers, who were ruined by their fascist actions in the Avengers vs. X-Men event. It's refreshing to see Avengers who aren't complete dickheads.

They aren't the Avengers in the skewed timeline. In this timeline they are the Defenders. Obviously Hank slapping Jan was the event that kept her from becoming Captain Marvel and kept the Avengers together.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 828 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Grayson wrote:
They aren't the Avengers in the skewed timeline. In this timeline they are the Defenders. Obviously Hank slapping Jan was the event that kept her from becoming Captain Marvel and kept the Avengers together.

Regardless, I would read a book with this team over Uncanny Avengers any day.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue May 07, 2013 9:08 pm

habitual wrote:
I did enjoy what the rebooted 616 looks like, as tired as I am of time travel storylines.

Agreed, this new timeline seems to be interesting. I just wish it hadn't taken seven issues to get here.

Thank you Troy for the sig

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 317 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Best issue yet!
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Tue May 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Age of Ultron is not interesting enough to not have Ultron in it
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 pm

habitual wrote:It's not House of M bad (they did kill Luke Cage), but, for 7 issues in, it's been terminally boring.

Hab

its Maximum Carnage bad
RUviews

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 362 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue May 07, 2013 9:34 pm

GHERU wrote:Best issue yet!

Well yeah, but that's like saying worlds tallest midget.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand