Advertisement

Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Rockman wrote:The movie took place over the course of like 36 hours, there are a dozen plausible reasons that the rest of the avengers, or shield or the army didn't come to the rescue. Do we really need some clumsy exposition explaining this?

It couldn't be any more clumsy than how they explained Tony's surgery at the end. :-D

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 857 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon May 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Rockman wrote:Jarvis was rebooted when the suit regained power :smt102 Just because his speech program was malfunctioning doesn't mean that his other operators weren't working properly, especially since we just witnessed a huge battle in which the AI was functioning properly

We assume it was functioning properly. I saw a battle where enhanced soldiers were tearing armors apart left and right. Seems to me the logical solution would have been for Jarvis to have the armors surround the compound and assault the extremis soldiers with repulsor blasts first. If Jarvis was functioning as properly as you say, it should have been no problem for it to coordinate, with pinpoint accuracy, an air strike against A.I.M. Instead, dozens of armors were just flying around all willy nilly, getting torn to shreds, and creating a scene that could have rivaled one of Michael Bay's finest Transformer scenes.

The fact is, that after spending an entire movie showing how clever and versatile he can be, Tony Stark made a stupid decision so that he could show off in front of Pepper. Blowing up the armors didn't accomplish anything and I'm sure that they thought it would make a cool visual but all it did was bring me out of my enjoyment of the film because of how ridiculous of a moment it was.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Rockman wrote:SHIELD is an organization of the government and in the film we see that the President put Rhodey and his support team on the Mandarin and not SHIELD.

Good thing they checked to make sure it was Rhodey in the suit before anyone got on the plane. :roll:

Rockman wrote:SHIELD in the movies isn't nearly the omnipotent spy web that we've seen in the comics and we can probably safely assume that after an alien invasion that there resources were allocated elsewhere.

We know this how? Everything we've scene from thier tech to foreign missions tends to make me think they are pretty big. And regardless of who is assigned to cover the President, SHIELD wouldn't stand by doing nothing.

A terroist hijacks every TV with a broadcast of the horror he will unleash. Of course SHIELD is watching. I say lose the firespitball scene and replace with a quick cut earlier with Guy Peirce saying "good, they fell for the decoy". Yes, that would make SHIELD look inept, but then they were anyway because they weren't anywhere near anything in this movie (when they've been well featured in every other Marvel movie so far). Their absence is noticable.

But now for the real mystery from the movie...
Why was Happy dressed like Vincent Vega when in Switzerland?

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 pm

We know this how? Everything we've scene from thier tech to foreign missions tends to make me think they are pretty big. And regardless of who is assigned to cover the President, SHIELD wouldn't stand by doing nothing.

Yeah they're a big organization, but I don't think they are the same gigantic organization we've seen the comic books. And I think comic book fans expect them to be. Keep in mind this is the same group that was fairly easily infiltrated by a depowered Thor, they had no inkling about Obadiah Stane's involvement with the 10 rings, and just had to deal with the realization that an extra terrestrial threat was not only very real but actually very imminent.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Mon May 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Grayson wrote:
We assume it was functioning properly. I saw a battle where enhanced soldiers were tearing armors apart left and right. Seems to me the logical solution would have been for Jarvis to have the armors surround the compound and assault the extremis soldiers with repulsor blasts first. If Jarvis was functioning as properly as you say, it should have been no problem for it to coordinate, with pinpoint accuracy, an air strike against A.I.M. Instead, dozens of armors were just flying around all willy nilly, getting torn to shreds, and creating a scene that could have rivaled one of Michael Bay's finest Transformer scenes.

The fact is, that after spending an entire movie showing how clever and versatile he can be, Tony Stark made a stupid decision so that he could show off in front of Pepper. Blowing up the armors didn't accomplish anything and I'm sure that they thought it would make a cool visual but all it did was bring me out of my enjoyment of the film because of how ridiculous of a moment it was.

I'm not even arguing about Clean Slate, which I had no problem with. I'm just saying that Jarvis appeared to be functioning properly. Perhaps Tony Stark should have thought ahead about programming some more tactical procedures into his electronic butler :smt102

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon May 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Rockman wrote:
Yeah they're a big organization, but I don't think they are the same gigantic organization we've seen the comic books. And I think comic book fans expect them to be. Keep in mind this is the same group that was fairly easily infiltrated by a depowered Thor, they had no inkling about Obadiah Stane's involvement with the 10 rings, and just had to deal with the realization that an extra terrestrial threat was not only very real but actually very imminent.

Being able to build a helicarrier with cloaking ability would indicate they're a huge organization.

Hab

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Mon May 06, 2013 12:40 pm

habitual wrote:
Being able to build a helicarrier with cloaking ability would indicate they're a huge organization.

Hab

Technology is irrelevant to whether or not they are the same godlike organization that they are portrayed as in the comic books

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Rockman wrote:
Technology is irrelevant to whether or not they are the same godlike organization that they are portrayed as in the comic books

No it isn't :lol:

That's ridiculous.

Hab

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Mon May 06, 2013 12:47 pm

habitual wrote:
No it isn't :lol:

That's ridiculous.

Hab

yes it is :lol:

you're ridiculous

rock

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Mon May 06, 2013 12:58 pm

It's pretty apparent at the end of the Avengers movie that Fury isn't answering to the President, so you're wrong about that as well. :D

Hab

Schlemmer
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 141 posts
Title: Hot-Linker
Formerly: Schlemmer; spelled the same but sounds different

Postby Schlemmer » Mon May 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Amoebas wrote:
But now for the real mystery from the movie...
Why was Happy dressed like Vincent Vega when in Switzerland?

:lol:

It was the '90's...

Schlemmer
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 141 posts
Title: Hot-Linker
Formerly: Schlemmer; spelled the same but sounds different

Postby Schlemmer » Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I just now figured out that Savin was Leckie from HBO's the Pacific

I knew he looked familiar...

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon May 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Rockman wrote:
I'm not even arguing about Clean Slate, which I had no problem with. I'm just saying that Jarvis appeared to be functioning properly. Perhaps Tony Stark should have thought ahead about programming some more tactical procedures into his electronic butler :smt102

I still want a flesh and blood Jarvis. Will we get that some day?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 87 posts

Postby misac » Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

I had some problems but it didn’t ruin the movie, I really liked it.

The newest suit. It seemed really impractical to have to do some kung fu looking shit to put on the armor. With all the other versions, he just had to walk into them. What’s easier than that? :smt102

The Mandarin reveal. I’m one of the ones that liked it but it was too similar to Batman Begins and that’s really my problem with it.

Same with Tony not being able to sleep, it was to similar to his problem in Iron Man 2.

And I didn’t like the Iron Man suits piloting themselves, kind of defeats the purpose of him donning the suit.

But it did make for a cools scene, the suits fighting the soldiers. Some good tag team moves.

Pepper at the end was pretty awesome, came off kind of She Hulky. 8)

The whole scene on the barge was really good. Rhodes was more effective outside the suit. :P

I liked the airplane scene too, specially the rescue.

For the next one I’d really like to see Iron Man and Hulk team up.

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 95 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm

misac wrote:
Pepper at the end was pretty awesome, came off kind of She Hulky. 8)

Pepper powered up like She-Hulk, that's a character development I could live with.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum