Advertisement

Private Eye #2 Out Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts

Private Eye #2 Out Now!

Postby LOLtron » Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 am

Private Eye #2 Out Now!

BKV and Marcos Martin's digital "pay as you like" series has released a second issue.

Source: Panel Syndicate

Remember last month when Brian K Vaughan and Marcos Martin released the first issue of their new creator-owned series The Private Eye using a new "pay as you like" distribution model with DRM free digital files?  Well, they've got another issue out today.  It's fantastic, just like the first issue, and I highly recommend you shell out cash to read it. 

DO IT!

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Private Eye #2 Out Now!

Postby Punchy » Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Sweet

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Private Eye #2 Out Now!

Postby Punchy » Wed May 08, 2013 5:48 am

Brian K Vaughan and Marcos Martin’s interesting experiment in digital distribution continues, and once again it’s more than just the distribution method, it’s actually a damn good comic. This instalment continues the mystery of Taj McGill, as P.I. discovers she’s dead, but because of her sister, doesn’t drop the case. We also find out a little bit more about the man who killed her, his name is De Guerre, and he seems to be hunting down people who used to be his friends (or at least allies) and disposing of them. It’s a very intriguing mystery, and one that’s made even better by the unique world that this story is set in. BKV continues to drop interesting little hints and nuances about this strange privacy obsessed society.

This is just a great science fiction world, and one that’s very different than anything we’ve seen before. Marcos Martin’s artwork is top-notch as per usual, I think it’s really great that he’s tailored his art to make it fit perfectly on a laptop screen, it’s a much better reading experience than a normal comic that’s meant for print is on the computer. Does anyone know if there’s a way to get these files onto an iPad? I’d be interested to see how they look.

The Private Eye is already, after only 2 issues, one of my favourite comic books on the stands… and it’s not even on the stands! In fact, my only problem with it is that there’s no way of knowing when the next issue is coming out, but then, that could also be a good thing, it’s always a pleasant surprise.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand