Thursday, April 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Is Anyone Else Here Still Reading Earth 2?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 08, 2013 1:52 pm

I consider it to be the current standard of "solid superhero comic". Anything better than Earth 2 is pretty to really good, anything worse than Earth 2 probably isn't worth reading.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Earth 2 is currently one of the few DC books that I am still reading. It's pretty enjoyable although I wish the pacing were a little faster. Aside from the pacing my only real complaint is the costume designs for some of the characters. Jay Garrick's costume is atrocious while Alan Scott's is kinda boring. I really miss the old JSA but Earth 2 is currently a decent replacement.

MajorTool

Steroid User

Postby MajorTool » Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm still reading it. Mostly, I love the art.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm

It looks like a great elseworlds book and better than most of the reboot but I'm a massive fan of the classic jsa and I really cannot get into this book. You youngsters enjoy though

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed May 08, 2013 9:11 pm

holtom2000 wrote:It looks like a great elseworlds book and better than most of the reboot but I'm a massive fan of the classic jsa and I really cannot get into this book. You youngsters enjoy though

I'm young now?

Hooray!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Grayson wrote:Earth 2 is currently one of the few DC books that I am still reading. It's pretty enjoyable although I wish the pacing were a little faster. Aside from the pacing my only real complaint is the costume designs for some of the characters. Jay Garrick's costume is atrocious while Alan Scott's is kinda boring. I really miss the old JSA but Earth 2 is currently a decent replacement.

Jay's suit has really grown on me. :oops:

I think GL's suit is pretty cool. Dr. Fate's is probably the best. Atom needs a redesign.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 09, 2013 12:12 pm

holtom2000 wrote:It looks like a great elseworlds book and better than most of the reboot but I'm a massive fan of the classic jsa and I really cannot get into this book. You youngsters enjoy though

That’s why I like it. It’s its own thing.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm

I like that unlike say pretty much all of the rest of the DC books, it is a total reboot. Yes i miss the characters, but its nice to see something come up from the ground, instead of trying to figure out where certain things take place or how stories they've said have still happened, could have still happened.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm

misac wrote:Jay's suit has really grown on me. :oops:

:shock:

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri May 10, 2013 2:59 am

I've liked it from the beginning and still enjoy it every month. As has been mentioned above, it will likely read better in trade, but I don't mind the slower pace in this particular book because James Robinson is literally creating this world by the month.

Like Chap said, there are some annoyances like in the regard that we're going to have checkbox diversity, but in 2013, that appears to be how it's going to be. You'd rather there just be different characters created since there's an entirely new world in place -- as a longtime Kent Nelson fan, for example, I was fairly disappointed -- but what are you going to do? It's good enough to keep reading, even with the irritations.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Nicola Scott seems to love Jay Garrick's ass. It's almost softcore the she draws it. :groucho:

Really?

Pic please!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Grayson wrote:
:shock:

The only thing that looks off is the lightning bolt on his chest. :smt102

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 12:05 pm

The new Dr. Fate suit is pretty great, especially drawn by Nicola Scott. His fight against Wotan was super cool.

After some of the small things mention in this last issue, I’m even more mad Robinson is leaving. Mrs. Garrick a fugitive and the team living under Alan Scott’s roof, Parademon internment camps and the Thunderbolt!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 pm

misac wrote:Jay's suit has really grown on me. :oops:

Grayson wrote: :shock:

He's saying it is like foot fungus

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Okay, between Earth 2, Volume 1 and Hawkeye, Volume 1, which one should I get?
Image vs. Image

leave a comment with facebook