Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Star Wars Theme Park?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu May 09, 2013 9:13 am

Juan Cena wrote:This sounds like a combination of a "be careful what you wish for" and a "be afraid, be very afraid moment."

why putting disney imagineers and star wars together sounds like a no brainer... Star Tours is still one of the best attractions at MGM/Hollywood Studios...

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 09, 2013 9:31 am

e_galston wrote:
why putting disney imagineers and star wars together sounds like a no brainer... Star Tours is still one of the best attractions at MGM/Hollywood Studios...

Every time I hear something like this, I flashback to the "Planet Krypton" theme restaurant in Kingdom Come, and wince.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

Every time I hear something like this, I flashback to the "Planet Krypton" theme restaurant in Kingdom Come, and wince.
Why wince? I'd love to go to a Planet Krypton kind of place.
Are you one of those Disneyworld haters?

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu May 09, 2013 1:15 pm

This is an amazing idea and I must have it. Only problem is that those jerks in Florida would get it.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 pm

outsider wrote:Why wince? I'd love to go to a Planet Krypton kind of place.
Are you one of those Disneyworld haters?

As much as i loved the Marvel Island of Adventure, i really wish Disney would get the rights to do something with the Marvel characters at disney parks... can you imagine a Marvel land with like a quinjet ride, or Avengers Mansion, or a Danger Room style ride (like the Toy Story ride)

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 09, 2013 1:20 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:This is an amazing idea and I must have it. Only problem is that those jerks in Florida would get it.
Those damn Cubans & old people already have Legos, Harry Potter, Marvel Superheroes, Dr. Seuss and killer whales!
Put a Star Wars theme park in another corner of the country, dammit.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 09, 2013 1:25 pm

e_galston wrote:
As much as i loved the Marvel Island of Adventure, i really wish Disney would get the rights to do something with the Marvel characters at disney parks... can you imagine a Marvel land with like a quinjet ride, or Avengers Mansion, or a Danger Room style ride (like the Toy Story ride)
Damn right. Disney knows how to do things right. Their Hollywood Studios would be ripe for a Marvel & Star Wars makeover. Here's what I would do:
-Move Toy Story Mania to the Toon Town section of the Magic Kingdom
-drop Aerosmith & retool the Rockin' Rollercoaster to a Fantasticar ride
-Tower of Terror is now Avenger's Mansion (Under Siege!!)
-Have a separate Spider-Man-themed climbing experience outside Avenger's Mansion
-Move the Hulk rollercoaster to Hollywood Studios (I'm dreaming, why not?)
-Danger Room virtual ride
-Ghost Rider flaming motorcycle ride!!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu May 09, 2013 2:04 pm

e_galston wrote:

If they keep the Hulk coaster I'm sold.

As for the Star Wars thing, I would like a separate park for all the prequel stuff so we can all ignore it, Epcot style.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Thu May 09, 2013 2:08 pm

outsider wrote:That would be so awesome.

I'd like to see a zip line across the Death Star chasms.

With a "kiss your sister for luck" option

leave a comment with facebook