Advertisement

First Look at Batman/Superman #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu May 09, 2013 10:04 am

Get a look at some of Jae Lee's interiors for the upcoming comic.

Source: Newsarama

Vaneta Rogers at Newsarama had a great interview with Batman/Superman writer Greg Pak, where they offered a look at some of the art from the comic as well.

Batman/Superman, the new series that debuts this summer from DC Comics, will take place in the past of the newly relaunched DC Universe. Drawn by Jae Lee, the series purports to show the first meeting between Batman and Superman in the current DCU…

And it will thrust both characters — pretty quickly — onto one of DC's best know alternate earths. And as readers of the current comic Earth 2 know, there was once a Superman and Batman on Earth 2, and they were older and more experienced than the two heroes of the New 52...

Make sure you head over to Newsarama to check out the whole interview to find our what Pak has in store for Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent, how he likes working in the 'new52' at DC, see larger versions of the art, and more!

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: First Look at Batman/Superman #1

Postby Punchy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 am

Wow, that looks awesome.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 482 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 am

Really interested to see how they work this in:

Nrama: But I have to ask about continuity. We've seen, in Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's Justice League, what we thought was the first meeting between Superman and Batman in the New 52 universe. Does this fit with that? It feels like it's going to be a retcon or even a flat-out reboot. Are you doing that?

Pak: Everything will be explained in the fullness of time. Don't worry.

Yeah, all I can say is... I mean, I can't explain it right now or I'll ruin the story.

But no, we're not contradicting anything. And it'll all make sense in the end.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1248 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 09, 2013 10:39 am

I didn't know that Jae Lee was also doing the interiors for this book...well played DC, you have my attention.
ImageImageImage

Krypto_16
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Krypto_16 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm

I can't wait for this to come out. I'm not a big fan of Jae Lee but its hard to argue that this is beautiful art. Though I kind of figure that's Gotham and not Metropolis, and I'm hoping he can channel a more happy Metropolis . . .

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand