Monday, July 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon May 06, 2013 6:41 pm

I thought it wouldve been funny if Tony called for the "Clean Slate" and it cut to Rhodey flying to Washington DC in his Patriot suit, and then it just blowing up in a beautiful fireworks display, just to drive home how impulsive and stupid the Clean slate call was. :lol:

The way i saw the "no avengers" thing is pretty simple. Tony didn't want to deal with them because simply a thought of his time with the Avengers sent him into a severe panic attack; I can't imagine why he would surround himself with people who are literally living reminders of the event in NYC. He's arrogant and couldn't even bring himself to ask for Rhodey's help almost the entire movie, so if he didn't want to involve his best friend, why would he call people he didn't even fully trust to take care of what he saw as a personal problem?

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 pm

misac wrote:The newest suit. It seemed really impractical to have to do some kung fu looking shit to put on the armor. With all the other versions, he just had to walk into them. What’s easier than that? :smt102

I kind of got the impression that Tony just did the kung fu stuff because he thought it was fun. Obviously Pepper didn't need any special aerobics when it popped onto her, same goes for Killian.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Just a couple of thoughts...

I got a kick out of seeing Yinsen in the flashback.

Pepper definitely had a Red She-Hulk vibe in it, to me.

Jon Faverau really put on some weight, didn't he? I wonder if he's just gotten bigger or if this was for the role of Happy Hogan.

This movie really felt final. Between Tony's surgery (thanks to what he learned from Extremis), his PTSD, removing his chest plate, "Clean Slate"... I wouldn't be really shocked if there's no Iron Man in Avengers 2. Tony Stark, mmmmmmmaybe...? Maybe just a cameo, I dunno.

This was more of a Tony Stark movie to me. But that's not a bad thing. It reminded me of the Iron Man issues in the 80's, for some reason. Or maybe 007, a little. Also, I liked his "crime scene" investigation.

And why didn't he call the Avengers? Remember, he can't even talk about New York without having a panic attack. He has nightmares about his near death experience. So there's some mental issues there...

Stay after the credits. The scene's more like the scene after Avengers. Kinda funny.

Also, I was under the impression that the "Tony in the snow" scene took place in the mountains, presumably back where he was originally captured. Instead... it's Tennessee. I'm okay with that, as it's less dark than I was expecting.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat May 11, 2013 8:24 am

I was really hoping for the "There wasn't enough Batman in The Dark Knight Rises"-people to vent their displeasure at a lack of Iron Man in this movie.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sat May 11, 2013 8:41 am

syxxpakk wrote:I was really hoping for the "There wasn't enough Batman in The Dark Knight Rises"-people to vent their displeasure at a lack of Iron Man in this movie.

Tony Stark as portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. is a much more interesting character than Bruce Wayne as portrayed by Bale. I think that holds for nearly every version of the characters, actually.

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 am

PDH wrote:Tony Stark as portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. is a much more interesting character than Bruce Wayne as portrayed by Bale. I think that holds for nearly every version of the characters, actually.

That's because Tony is open about being Iron Man and is naturally a flamboyant character, while Bruce Wayne is the mask for the Batman, who is a dark, brooding character. It's just the way the characters were created.

The emphasis on Tony over Iron Man in the movie is just the continuation of movie heroes having alot of face time without the mask, be it Iron Man, Batman, Cap, or Spidey. The actors want to be seen, not just in a mask or CGI voice overs. They probably have some percentage of face time clauses in their contracts when they make sequels.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat May 11, 2013 9:18 am

An ironing board in a bathrobe would have made a more interesting character than Bale's Bruce Wayne.

(Cue Hab)

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat May 11, 2013 9:19 am

PDH wrote:
Tony Stark as portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. is a much more interesting character than Bruce Wayne as portrayed by Bale. I think that holds for nearly every version of the characters, actually.

Completely agreed. However, given the amount of "NOT ENOUGH BATMAN OMG~!!!@@" I expected something similar here.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

syxxpakk wrote:
Completely agreed. However, given the amount of "NOT ENOUGH BATMAN OMG~!!!@@" I expected something similar here.

I didn't.

There was plenty of Tony Stark, while Bruce Wayne seemed to be a guest in his own movie.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 am

HNutz wrote:
I didn't.

There was plenty of Tony Stark, while Bruce Wayne seemed to be a guest in his own movie.

This.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 11, 2013 10:43 am

Iron Man 3 >> Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man 2 < Dark Knight
Iron Man > Batman Begins

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

my bowel movement last night was better than Dark Knight Rises.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Rockman wrote:my bowel movement last night was better than Dark Knight Rises.

:lol:

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sat May 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Rockman wrote:my bowel movement last night was better than Dark Knight Rises.
When you talk out your ass, do you sound like Bane or Batman?

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sat May 11, 2013 2:26 pm

outsider wrote:When you talk out your ass, do you sound like Bane or Batman?

:lol:

Hab

leave a comment with facebook