Tuesday, December 6, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel to Launch Brian Bendis and Clay Mann New X-Men Book?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon May 13, 2013 1:42 am

Marvel to Launch Brian Bendis and Clay Mann New X-Men Book?

Clay Mann posted a Marvel NOW! image for a New X-Men book by himself and "The Great One" Brian Bendis on his Tumblr.

Source: Tumblr (Found by Zechs on 4chan)

Clay Mann posted this image on his Tumblr blog earlier tonight, setting Twitter and internet den of debauchery 4chan on fire with talk of its legitimacy. Of course, it's not an official release from Marvel, but it is from Mann's own Tumblr. Could it be yet another X-Men ongoing series by "The Great One" Brian Bendis launching in September, or perhaps a renaming of All New-X-Men? If it's a new book, will All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men continue? If it's a renaming, will the original five X-Men be sent back to their own place in the timestream, to be replaced by characters in the image such as X-23, Dust, Rockslide, Pixie, HellionLoa, Surge, Anole, and Mercury? If it is adapted to a feature film, will Joseph Gordon-Levitt play one or more of the characters? If it's just a meaningless image, will we lose all credibility for reporting it?

Just kidding on that last one. We never had any credibility!

It does have the Marvel NOW! logo on it though. Just sayin'.

Next headline: Internet Loses Shit Over Massive Avengers Arena Spoiler in New X-Men Teaser Image.

UPDATED: As pointed out in the comments, Brian Bendis confirmed that the image was simply a homage or commission of some sort. 

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon May 13, 2013 1:58 am

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 am

I'd imagine more like some of them would be added to the current line-up.

Brian Keith Pittman

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Brian Keith Pittman » Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 am

I am all for Clay Mann art on a monthly title.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 am

I would follow Clay Mann to the ends of the earth

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon May 13, 2013 3:08 am

What else has Mann done?

Hab

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 13, 2013 3:47 am

habitual wrote:What else has Mann done?

Hab

X-Men: Legacy with Carey
Gambit

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 am

From Punchy's medium of choice:
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/po ... -new-x-men

Mr. Bendis! Clay Mann posted a cover for "New X-Men" that listed you as the writer, with a release date of September 18th. Was that just a faux cover? : O

Unless I misplaced a series of memos I’m sorry to report that that cover is just that- a faux cover. I’ve never even spoken to Clay in passing but I really appreciate the very cool cover.

Tom Stratton

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Tom Stratton » Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 am

Bendis replied to a question on Tumblr tonight with "Unless I misplaced a series of memos I’m sorry to report that that cover is just that- a faux cover. I’ve never even spoken to Clay in passing but I really appreciate the very cool cover."

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Mon May 13, 2013 5:55 am

Zero wrote:From Punchy's medium of choice:
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/po ... -new-x-men

I was just about to post that this cover spoils that X-23 wins Avengers Arena and that we needed a Marvel PR Disaster Counter. Guess not.
Though I would have loved the return of this cast of New X-Men. One of my favorite X-Book runs.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Mon May 13, 2013 6:46 am

:smt013

Dammit, you got my hopes up for a new "New X-Men" book!!

Curse you Clay Mann!! :smt076

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 am

Dammit Clay Mann I wanted that series.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 13, 2013 11:03 am

Just read Gambit instead, it's surprisingly good.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 am

Punchy wrote:Just read Gambit instead, it's surprisingly good.

But I'm not a fan of the gumbo. I'm a fan Young X-Men.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 am

X-23 lives?!?!!?!

My Avengers Arena reading is now ruined. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook