Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby Arion » Sun May 12, 2013 7:22 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Jack Reacher has been watched. It was pretty good, but not exactly what I was expecting. Tom Cruise has been killing it lately. :lol:

Killing it in a good or a bad way ?

Advertisement

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1265 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Arion wrote:
Killing it in a good or a bad way ?

Good way. I know a lot of people can't stand him, but I enjoy his films for the most part. Oblivion was awesome!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Good way. I know a lot of people can't stand him, but I enjoy his films for the most part. Oblivion was awesome!

I have nothing against him, but those action movies like Jack Reacher are not really my cup of tea.

I loved how he acted in films like Magnolia or The Last Samurai.

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 305 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Arion wrote:
I have nothing against him, but those action movies like Jack Reacher are not really my cup of tea.

I loved how he acted in films like Magnolia or The Last Samurai.

Have to agree with Arion. The Last Samurai has to be my favorite Tom Cruise film. I was wondering if Oblivion was any good since I haven't heard anything about it anymore recently.

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 pm

I liked all the Mission Impossibles, Oblivion, Jack Reacher, Knight and Day, Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, and Interview With The Vampire. I haven't seen Tropic Thunder, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire or Rock of Ages and probably never will. Eyes Wide Shut sucked. I don't really care for Cocktail, Top Gun, Days of Thunder or Legend.

vu3730
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Postby vu3730 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I liked all the Mission Impossibles, Oblivion, Jack Reacher, Knight and Day, Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, and Interview With The Vampire. I haven't seen Tropic Thunder, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire or Rock of Ages and probably never will. Eyes Wide Shut sucked. I don't really care for Cocktail, Top Gun, Days of Thunder or Legend.

Rain man?

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Mon May 13, 2013 12:27 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I liked all the Mission Impossibles, Oblivion, Jack Reacher, Knight and Day, Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, and Interview With The Vampire. I haven't seen Tropic Thunder, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire or Rock of Ages and probably never will. Eyes Wide Shut sucked. I don't really care for Cocktail, Top Gun, Days of Thunder or Legend.

I hated Vanilla Sky but you have to see him in Tropic Thunder! I know you don't go for comedies all that much but it's worth checking out

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:
I hated Vanilla Sky but you have to see him in Tropic Thunder! I know you don't go for comedies all that much but it's worth checking out

Vanilla Sky is actually one of my favorite Cruise movies. It's hard for me to pick my favorite. I might get around to watching Tropic Thunder if it's on HBO and I have nothing else to do.

DoctorStupid
Inhouser

Title: PHD in idiot.

Postby DoctorStupid » Mon May 13, 2013 6:32 am

Jerry Maguire is a great movie. Why won't you ever watch it?
-Dr. Stupid

NotSuitableForHumans
Peanut

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The One Who Knocks
Formerly: SirCinematic

Postby NotSuitableForHumans » Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am

DoctorStupid wrote:Jerry Maguire is a great movie. Why won't you ever watch it?

Because Tom Cruise is in it. :-D

Me, personally, for some reason I just absolutely hate Tom Cruise. I feel like people have always just put him up on a pedestal, higher than any other human being or celebrity. And I don't think he's the best actor by far.

However, with that said, Oblivion looks like a fantastic movie. So I'm going to suck up my woes and go see it soon.

Most Wanted UV Codes (BluRay / HDX):
*Also accepting any and all unwanted anime codes in BluRay/HDX.

Help in Need: http://www.gofundme.com/BrandonsDebt

DoctorStupid
Inhouser

Title: PHD in idiot.

Postby DoctorStupid » Mon May 13, 2013 9:01 am

Ha ha, I can understand that. You should try to stop letting other people's opinions influence your movie watching decisions though. Just because other people think so highly of him, and you think he's just average, doesn't mean you should boycott his movies. I mean, there are plenty of "average" actors out there....most of them are, by definition, and plenty of their movies are downright entertaining. I bet if you never heard a word from other people about Tom Cruise, you'd probably think he was a very entertaining actor.

I try to go into movies with no bias behind me and no expectations. I've gotten pretty good at it. I've proven my own negative biases wrong plenty of times too, like how I hated DeCaprio after Romeo & Juliet and Titanic and now he's one of my favorite actors. I'll admit though...I still can't shake some biases. I still have trouble watching movies with Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon, and Diane Keaton. I hate those chicks...they drive me crazy! Especially Keaton...every role I've ever seen her in makes me want to punch her in the face, ha ha.
-Dr. Stupid

hellmutt
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 35 posts

Postby hellmutt » Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

SirCinematic wrote:
Because Tom Cruise is in it. :-D

Me, personally, for some reason I just absolutely hate Tom Cruise. I feel like people have always just put him up on a pedestal, higher than any other human being or celebrity. And I don't think he's the best actor by far.

However, with that said, Oblivion looks like a fantastic movie. So I'm going to suck up my woes and go see it soon.

I feel exactly the same way. when I want to see a movie with Tom Cruise in it, I buy a ticket to some independent/low budget film and then sit in the Cruise film instead.

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Mon May 13, 2013 9:22 am

hellmutt wrote:
I feel exactly the same way. when I want to see a movie with Tom Cruise in it, I buy a ticket to some independent/low budget film and then sit in the Cruise film instead.

Aren't you afraid you'll incur the wrath of his Scientology magic doing something like that?

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Have to agree with Arion. The Last Samurai has to be my favorite Tom Cruise film. I was wondering if Oblivion was any good since I haven't heard anything about it anymore recently.

It's a great film, I really enjoyed it.

Other good ones are Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, Minority Report, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire and Eyes Wide Shut.

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon May 13, 2013 2:22 pm

DoctorStupid wrote:I've proven my own negative biases wrong plenty of times too, like how I hated DeCaprio after Romeo & Juliet and Titanic and now he's one of my favorite actors.

Same thing happened here. Man, did I hate DeCaprio after Titanic. I guess if I can watch a Keanu Reeves or Brendan Fraser movie, I can watch anything.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum