Advertisement

The Star Trek Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online



Advertisement

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online



MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11309
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Online


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby MrBlack » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 am

So, alleged early spoilers have been coming in from review screenings, including the reveal about exactly who Benedict Cumberbatch is (which is apparently central to the movie's plot). Not going to reveal it here, particularly since it's unconfirmed, but the info is out there if anyone wants to look.

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67302
Likes: 1025 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am



Bandai would produce a far better kit. Revel is a poor model kit company and sadly the AMT/ERTL/Polar Lights company seems to be gone yet again.

Hey that Enterprise is better looking than the Vengeance.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67302
Likes: 1025 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:24 am

MrBlack wrote:So, alleged early spoilers have been coming in from review screenings, including the reveal about exactly who Benedict Cumberbatch is (which is apparently central to the movie's plot). Not going to reveal it here, particularly since it's unconfirmed, but the info is out there if anyone wants to look.


If they're what I think they are, then this is crap. but then, that is JJ Abrams for you.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 am

MrBlack wrote:So, alleged early spoilers have been coming in from review screenings, including the reveal about exactly who Benedict Cumberbatch is (which is apparently central to the movie's plot). Not going to reveal it here, particularly since it's unconfirmed, but the info is out there if anyone wants to look.


Spoil it! (with spoiler tags of course) :smt013
Image Image Image ImageImage

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67302
Likes: 1025 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am

sdsichero wrote:
Spoil it! (with spoiler tags of course) :smt013


[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Cumberbatch is Khan... but called John Harrison and is a product and member of Section 31. He decides to create a civil war in the Federation.
So basically, the Starfleet creates the genetic supermen... but then.. could in this continuity, Earth be engineering "better humans"? Given genius James "Cadet to Captain in one adventur" Kirk...


That's what I've read.

I'm more interested in Carol Marcus being in Starfleet and having an Admiral for a father. That and her black underwear "BAM!" scene.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Cumberbatch is Khan... but called John Harrison and is a product and member of Section 31. He decides to create a civil war in the Federation.
So basically, the Starfleet creates the genetic supermen... but then.. could in this continuity, Earth be engineering "better humans"? Given genius James "Cadet to Captain in one adventur" Kirk...


That's what I've read.

I'm more interested in Carol Marcus being in Starfleet and having an Admiral for a father. That and her black underwear "BAM!" scene.


That sounds dumb.
Image Image Image ImageImage

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:35 pm

This was a good season.

Image Image Image ImageImage

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online



The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67302
Likes: 1025 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 10, 2013 7:18 pm

BAM! My favorite scene in the upcoming film.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67302
Likes: 1025 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 pm

I posted a review of the new movie earlier today. It was a link to someone's write up.

They thought it was disappointing.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby sdsichero » Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:BAM! My favorite scene in the upcoming film.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image



Looks kind of like a robot
Image Image Image ImageImage

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 70528
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 558 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby sdsichero » Fri May 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I posted a review of the new movie earlier today. It was a link to someone's write up.

They thought it was disappointing.


Where'd you post it?

I read a couple linked from rottentomatoes but they didn't really spoil it.
Image Image Image ImageImage

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67302
Likes: 1025 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: The Star Trek Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 am

sdsichero wrote:

Looks kind of like a robot


Did you just call Alice Eve a love doll? :shock:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 29 guests

Advertisement
cron