Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm

kingbeavis wrote:The Delaware Senate passed a bill yesterday that allows same sex couples to get married. If that makes you happy, then congratulations!!!!!!

— Jay Briscoe (@jaybriscoe84) May 8, 2013

... try and teach my kids that there's nothing wrong with that and I'll fucking shoot you

— Jay Briscoe (@jaybriscoe84) May 8, 2013

Oops. Twitter account deleted mysteriously.

:lol:

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Bianco wrote:Hope this isn't bad...or it's a work

WWE is reporting that Dolph Ziggler suffered a concussion at Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown TV tapings in Raleigh, North Carolina. WWE’s report states that Ziggler suffered the concussion while interfering in a scheduled match between Big E. Langston and Jack Swagger. According to WWE’s doctor, Dr. Michael Sampson, Ziggler was “having some memory difficulties and a bit of a headache.”

Ziggler will be undergoing “neuropsychological testing” and WWE continuing to monitor Ziggler’s recovery the next few days.

:-(

Hope he's ok and takes better care.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 pm

misac wrote:
:-(

Hope he's ok and takes better care.

Pretty sure it's not his fault, but Jack Swagger's, who has given more than just Zigglypuff a concussion.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 865 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Punchy wrote:Pretty sure it's not his fault, but Jack Swagger's, who has given more than just Zigglypuff a concussion.

Swagger shouldn't even be there right now! :smt013 :smt011

I really like Dolph Ziggler and I hope he's ok. I wouldn't want the WWE to cut his first legitimate World Heavyweight title reign short because of a stupid accident.
ImageImageImage

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 83 posts

Postby Bianco » Thu May 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Grayson wrote:
Swagger shouldn't even be there right now! :smt013 :smt011

I really like Dolph Ziggler and I hope he's ok. I wouldn't want the WWE to cut his first legitimate World Heavyweight title reign short because of a stupid accident.

Well it's a 3-way match so they can keep him safe throughout most of the match than retain at the end

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 865 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Bianco wrote:Well it's a 3-way match so they can keep him safe throughout most of the match than retain at the end

Good, that's how it should be. :P
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri May 10, 2013 6:32 pm

It looks like Impact has settled into a rhythm now where the live shows are good and the taped ones are bad.

This week's was live, and I liked it, apart from the D-Lo being kicked out out of Aces & Eights stuff, which is lame.

There was a good Knockouts Tag Match, which featured Gail Kim going uber-heel by attacking Tara post-match.

The No.1 Contenders match between Bad Influence and Roode/Aries was amazing, until James Storm just kicked everyone in the face and it ended with no clear winner. I like most of the people in the tag division, but they need to add more teams! Give Storm a partner! Get DOC and Knox in there!

Speaking of DOC, he and Magnus had a decent match too, but it was involved in the stupid D-Lo stuff, much better was the beat-down that Magnus got after the match, which was brutal as hell.

I like that they are starting to put some stories into the X Division, they had a few storyline-free matches to establish the new method of doing matches, and now we've got cocky heel Champion Kenny King and plucky underdog who's just back from injury Chris Sabin. This was a very effective segment, and even though I know jack-shit about Sabin, I now want him to win. I wonder if they'll given Petey Williams a story too. And what's the deal with this Suicide fella?

The main-event stuff was pretty great too, Bully Ray and Devon are kicking ass like it's 1999. At one point Bully does this amazing drop-kick, I couldn't believe a dude built like him could jump like that, he's on top of his game and such a great villain. I did feel like Kurt Angle was being a bit of a dick to AJ Styles, but then Kurt has always been a dick, it's true, it's damn true.

So it turns out that the 3rd member of Sting and Kurt's team was... Abyss! I know nothing about Abyss apart from that he's Joseph Park, but it was certainly a surprising moment, and he kicked ass, kind of like a Kane/Mankind hybrid. I wonder how this development effects Joseph Park, are we meant to think they are Kayfabe different people? Has Joseph Park snapped after his bathroom beat-down and reverted to Abyss? Is Park just pretending to be his 'brother'? It's very interesting. If Park/Abyss is becoming the new Mick Foley, with different 'faces', I'd be down with that.

One thing I like about TNA is it's use of continuity, it's been doing that a lot lately with Kaz and Daniels' attempts to bring back Fourtune and now Roode apologising to Storm for betraying him. At WWE it often seems like only the last few months actually count (for example, Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes must have wrestled each other 3 or 4 times this year, and only once have they mentioned they used to be in a stable together), but TNA is better at playing the long game and bringing interesting tidbits back and using that to build stories.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Sat May 11, 2013 1:29 am

Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by WWE.com about his concussion that he suffered at Tuesday’s WWE TV tapings. Dolph noted that he doesn’t remember Monday into Tuesday and was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia stemming from the incident.

WWE is working on alternative plans for the World Heavy Title match at Extreme Rules in case Ziggler isn’t medically cleared. Here is an excerpt from the interview.

“I didn’t even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home,” the champion revealed, in reference to the injury, which he sustained when he interfered in a match between Jack Swagger and Big E Langston. “I don’t even remember traveling from Raw to SmackDown. I don’t remember Tuesday. I remember AJ and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning.”

“I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder,” said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. “When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.”

“I feel a lot better today,” The Showoff told WWE.com of his recovery process. “Yesterday I had a bad headache. Today, I have a slight headache.”

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat May 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Bianco wrote:Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by WWE.com about his concussion that he suffered at Tuesday’s WWE TV tapings. Dolph noted that he doesn’t remember Monday into Tuesday and was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia stemming from the incident.

WWE is working on alternative plans for the World Heavy Title match at Extreme Rules in case Ziggler isn’t medically cleared. Here is an excerpt from the interview.

“I didn’t even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home,” the champion revealed, in reference to the injury, which he sustained when he interfered in a match between Jack Swagger and Big E Langston. “I don’t even remember traveling from Raw to SmackDown. I don’t remember Tuesday. I remember AJ and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning.”

“I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder,” said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. “When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.”

“I feel a lot better today,” The Showoff told WWE.com of his recovery process. “Yesterday I had a bad headache. Today, I have a slight headache.”

Glad to hear that he's making some progress. If I were the 'E, I might put Big E in the match in place of Ziggler.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat May 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Did Josh Matthews turn heel on Smackdown?

Also, Mark Henry is God.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby doombug » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Man, Swagger better have talked to or some shit. Seriously, how do you not be more careful with that shit?

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Sun May 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Punchy wrote:Did Josh Matthews turn heel on Smackdown?

Also, Mark Henry is God.

The Josh thing was completely random, but I'm not looking forward to another heel announcer just yet.

What Mark did was impressive, he is just a freak of nature

So is Ryback looking like Goldberg more and more every week coincidence or is WWE trying to say something?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 119 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon May 13, 2013 1:27 am

Punchy wrote:Did Josh Matthews turn heel on Smackdown?

Also, Mark Henry is God.

I'm sure YHWH would disagree about that.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 268 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon May 13, 2013 6:53 am

Juan Cena wrote:
I'm sure YHWH would disagree about that.

They can settle it in a steel cage!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon May 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Watched ROH the other night. The main event was good stuff, even though the ending was a given.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
The leader of SCUM joins the commentary booth, and a member of SCUM gets a title shot.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum