Advertisement

Wonder Woman #20 (Oyster Card Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Wonder Woman #20 (Oyster Card Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

In this instalment of Wonder Woman, two of Azzarello’s biggest plots come together, as the First Born finally gets into the main story and comes face to face with Lennox, Zola and baby Zeke. We also find out that Cassandra, the woman who dug the First Born out of the ground is another one of Zeus’ kids, and she has a history with Lennox, in that he ripped her throat out. I really like how Azzarello has given one of our heroes such a dark thing in his past, the Greek Gods are messed up and complicated, and so is this title. Also in this issue is a knock-down, slap-out fight between Wonder Woman and Artemis, which is a lot of fun. Goran Sudzuka draws the heck (I don’t want to say hell because he’s a character in this book and it could get confusing) out of it, and you could tell that he was following breakdowns from Cliff Chiang. Whilst I’m sad that he can’t drawn every single issue of this book, I really appreciate how each fill-in is similar in style.

I also liked how the fight brought up the idea that Wonder Woman has been holding back in combat for a long time, I can’t wait to see what Diana looks like when she stops holding back, I’m guessing that’s a part of Azz’s endgame. This is simply one of DC’s best and most consistent comics, I really want more of their books to be like this, where they just let a creator tell their own story. The Marvel Now approach before there even was Marvel Now!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Wonder Woman #20 (Oyster Card Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:30 am

I didn't see the revelation about Cassandra coming.

I loved how Diana kicked Artemis' ass :twisted:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand