Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Jack Reacher - It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still pretty damn good.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun May 12, 2013 7:11 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Oblivion - So much better than Iron Man 3. It's the movie I should have watched first. The trailer for Elysium looked great too.

I saw Oblivion this afternoon. I agree, it was a great movie.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm

True Adolescents

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue May 14, 2013 3:30 pm

The Great Gatsby - Extremely stylized but it's Baz Luhrmann, so that's to be expected and honestly it sorta works with the tone of Gatsby. Like most of Luhrmann's movies, I didn't care for the music choices. I get that you can use Jay-Z and Beyonce but that doesn't mean that you should. Like syxx pointed already pointed out, the performances where great aside from Tobey Maguire. All things considered, it was a little long but otherwise a decent movie.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Tue May 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Gamer

theflyingwaffle

Mad Hatter

Postby theflyingwaffle » Wed May 15, 2013 1:00 am

Finally got to see Iron Man 3 today. I really liked it. The ending was a bit overkill, but overall it was a fun watch.

achilles

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby achilles » Wed May 15, 2013 9:38 am

The Hobbit part I. Crap. Crap. Crap. More crap.

Did I mention I didn't like it? Making one movie into three was a bad idea. :twisted:

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 am

Moneyball
baseball + maths = interesting!

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed May 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Extraterrestrial - A Spanish movie with not a single alien in sight. Everyone knows what to do if one morning the sky would be absolutely full of UFOs: run as fast as you can. However, what would happen if the invasion started while you are in the flat of the girl of your dreams, the one you have just met?

MajorTool

Steroid User

Postby MajorTool » Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 am

Mamma
It was creepy and interesting until the finale act then, it became obvious there must have been major changes to script or maybe just poor editing. Such a shame because Jessica Chastain's character was kinda cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Thu May 16, 2013 11:04 am

Iron Man III: it was entertaining. The ending had a meh feel to it. B+

I'm really bummed that The Hobbit and The Great Gatsby have been re-made for film (again). Two of my favorite books and I cringe at the cinematic interpretation. READ THE BOOKS, I shouted out in previews! which is fine, cuz it's during previews....see what I did there.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Star Trek – Wanted to watch it before the new one. I’d forgotten how much I liked it, it’d been a while. I could have easily watched it again. Maybe I’ll watch it again before I go to the theatre.

The beginning with Kirk’s dad is pretty good.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Fri May 17, 2013 11:01 am

Rock of Ages - The casebook of how to adapt a musical into a film and miss the point completely. They sacrifice the campy fun feel-good atmosphere of the show for "Hollywood" actors. And the result is a sleek stylish but completely soulless piece that should fully bury any 80's nostalgia that you have left.

Company - The closest that a film version should ever get to this show. Not as dark and brooding as the last revival, but that's probably for the best. Neil Patrick Harris plays a good charming amiable Bobby and the rest of the cast fill their parts well. And luckily, the iconic Lupone doesn't overshadow them.

Les Miserable - Unlike RoA, this is how you adapt a musical. Is it the best I've seen? No Is it the best I'll ever see of a modern musical? Probably At least here, they chose their star power well. Now, I'm itching for Hooper to direct Miss Saigon.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri May 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri May 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Picked up a brand new widescreen Jaws for a dollar, watching it for the first time since it came out. I love the 1970s on film, and the soundtracks. Not everyone has to look like they live in a gym but have never done a day of real work in their lives. No modern CGI. Jaws was the first Summer blockbuster, inspiring the pattern of big-budget movie promotions and releases we accept as normal today.

It's a helluva smart film for a relatively green 27 year old Director, despite the production problems and cost overruns on set. Why isn't he making amazing films anymore?

leave a comment with facebook