Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Do we have people sign up here just to steal movies?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 pm

And do we still have a policy not to discuss torrenting? :smt017

Hab
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Let's discuss The Tempest instead.
For a Shakespeare class in college, I totally riffed Gaiman's take on The Tempest in Sandman #75 on the final essay.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed May 22, 2013 3:29 pm

No. There is a thread where people trade single use digital download codes that they got with movies they purchased legally, which seems to me to easily fall under right of first sale, but I'm not a lawyer so who knows. I know that content providers would prefer if people paid them every time they watch a movie, but luckily, that's not the law yet. The sale of digital codes occurs for comics, movies, etc occurs on ebay as well.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm

TORRENTS!!! TORRENTS!!! TORRENTS!!!

Tis the season of

TORRENTS!!! TORRENTS!!! TORRENTS!!!

Wash your house away

TORRENTS!!! TORRENTS!!! TORRENTS!!!

:smt102
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm

90% of the free ultraviolet and digital copy thread is me giving away the single use codes that come with my blu-rays that I purchase. I do not trade or make any money off the codes. A few other people have offered up trades in the thread. Who is stealing movies?
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 pm

habitual wrote:And do we still have a policy not to discuss torrenting? :smt017

Hab


Where do you see anyone signing up to torrent movies? :smt017

Unless you mean the movie code thread, but you can't mean that, because even a cursory glance would have told you that nothing of the sort occurs in there...

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 4:29 pm

If this place had torrents... :smt017
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed May 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Where do you see anyone signing up to torrent movies? :smt017

Unless you mean the movie code thread, but you can't mean that, because even a cursory glance would have told you that nothing of the sort occurs in there...


No that's not true at all, I have no idea how you would draw that conclusion.

I was just curious about the massive movie thread. Jude cleared it up quite nicely.

Hab
User avatar

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:06 pm

People don't sign up just to steal movies...
But it sure looks like a few sign up just to try to get them from GiveWarAChance. :D
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Movies, no other things...I can hook you up.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Pretty bad thread, TBH.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Pretty bad thread, TBH.


Just look at who made it
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 am

Rockman wrote:
Just look at who made it

Yeah, that guy is a degenerate. Stay clear!
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Yeah, that guy is a degenerate. Stay clear!


Hey more power to ya!

The mere fact that AMS is an idiot doesn't mean I want to stand in your way at all.

Hab
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu May 23, 2013 3:36 am

habitual wrote:
Hey more power to ya!

The mere fact that AMS is an idiot doesn't mean I want to stand in your way at all.

Hab

I'm assuming syxxpakk and Rockman were talking about the movie code thread, and I was agreeing with them. For the record, I don't have any problems with a single poster on here. If they were talking about this thread, I was referring to myself as a degenerate.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, Google [Bot] and 79 guests