Advertisement

Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44129
Likes: 158 posts
Liked in: 267 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Wed May 22, 2013 5:17 pm

You've been warned. I love mysteries. But I also love writers who approach things with a fresh take. I've picked up the Spider-Man/Black Cat issues along with when Spidey and Daredevil ran into the Punisher in crossover that occurred early in the run of Waid's. So yeah the solicitations gave a lingering spoiler as to the identity of the mastermind who's plagued Matt Murdock's life since #1.

Honestly I'm of two minds of it. One it's a different take on the character in question. Instead of being the weapon and physical threat he's always been in the past. Now he's a reminder of what Matt did to him. It was only a matter of time before HE returned and now he truly has. Bullseye has returned along with Lady Bullseye.

I'm curious to see were this goes and I'm kind of glad it wasn't Stilt-Man.
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby chap22 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:25 pm

I like and don't like what Waid's done with him. it makes sense in continuity, so points for that. and I like the juxtaposition now of man who can't see vs. man who can only see. but having Bullseye be a master planner just feels wrong...mainly b/c goddammit the guy's pretty much a psychopathic idiot. and yeah "I have time to do nothing but think" explains that, but it still doesn't feel right to me. especially since Bullseye's been almost exactly like this before when his spine got shattered and he didn't turn into a mastermind then.

plus I was really hoping we'd see somebody different for once.

that said, I enjoyed the issue very much, but in the end, as usual it's the little things that Waid excels in on this book, the small lines and the relationships are better than this "big mystery" has been. Foggy's simple response of "You fight" was possibly the most goddamn perfect line I've ever read in a Daredevil comic. EVER. even better than Miller's old "a man without hope...is a man without fear" or anything else.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44129
Likes: 158 posts
Liked in: 267 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Wed May 22, 2013 5:42 pm

chap22 wrote:I like and don't like what Waid's done with him. it makes sense in continuity, so points for that. and I like the juxtaposition now of man who can't see vs. man who can only see. but having Bullseye be a master planner just feels wrong...mainly b/c goddammit the guy's pretty much a psychopathic idiot. and yeah "I have time to do nothing but think" explains that, but it still doesn't feel right to me. especially since Bullseye's been almost exactly like this before when his spine got shattered and he didn't turn into a mastermind then.

plus I was really hoping we'd see somebody different for once.

that said, I enjoyed the issue very much, but in the end, as usual it's the little things that Waid excels in on this book, the small lines and the relationships are better than this "big mystery" has been. Foggy's simple response of "You fight" was possibly the most goddamn perfect line I've ever read in a Daredevil comic. EVER. even better than Miller's old "a man without hope...is a man without fear" or anything else.



Well he is new at it though given the early issue with he and Lady waiting for Matt to figure it out then just giving up because Matt was more worried about Foggy. That was kind of :lol: Plus this isn't the usual HE'S BACK. Yeah Bullseye's back but... he's still sporting the wounds Matt gave him when Matt himself went down a dark path. Screw that demon shit, Matt killed him.

So I'm gonna enjoy this ride and be glad this isn't Mysterio the sequel or Kingpin AGAIN. It's Bullseye in a whole new way trying to get at Matt. For that new way, I'm curious how this ends up now. Will Bullseye remain the mastermind or will he regain himself?
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14996
Likes: 4942 posts
Liked in: 732 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby HNutz » Wed May 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's ACTUALLY Bullseye.

We've only seen part of his face and know that he's hurt... could be any white male. And, while DD called him Bullseye, we didn't hear his response. For all we know, he's about to say "Wha..? I'm not Bullseye, dummy."

Fun quotes from last issue's discussion:

A.R.P. wrote:Hey, everyone. For those of you interested in theories about who the big bad is behind this latest Born Again inspired story arc, here are a couple links wherein people have made some pretty good arguments for who they think it could be. In the first link, check out the comments section primarily and the second is taking those comments into consideration to see how valid they could be. Take a look and don't hesitate to join in!

http://www.theothermurdockpapers.com/20 ... revisited/

http://www.theothermurdockpapers.com/20 ... ermind-is/


TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Really? Maybe this is just me.

In DD 24, we have Matt talking about how he's taken on a huge case on retainer that would upset Foggy if he found out. From issue 1 of Indestructible Hulk, we know that Bruce has someone holding onto blackmail materials for him. In Indestructible Hulk 4, Bruce calls this person and tells him he hopes he's enjoying his New York bagels. We know that they're going to crossover in the coming months, so Matt managing Bruce's blackmail seems like where this is heading

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby chap22 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:11 pm

HNutz wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's ACTUALLY Bullseye.

We've only seen part of his face and know that he's hurt... could be any white male. And, while DD called him Bullseye, we didn't hear his response. For all we know, he's about to say "Wha..? I'm not Bullseye, dummy."

Fun quotes from last issue's discussion:


DD recognized him by heartbeat/smell/etc this issue though. granted he was hopped up on adrenaline, Bullseye's in an iron lung, etc., but he explicitly says that stuff doesn't hide him, it's Bullseye. i'm going with Matt here.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44129
Likes: 158 posts
Liked in: 267 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 pm

chap22 wrote:DD recognized him by heartbeat/smell/etc this issue though. granted he was hopped up on adrenaline, Bullseye's in an iron lung, etc., but he explicitly says that stuff doesn't hide him, it's Bullseye. i'm going with Matt here.


Same here. Matt knows it's Bullseye. Plus the reasoning for Bullseye not having money is wrong. The dude has a TON of money. Remember Bendis's run and Fisk's talk with him? He's got so much he just doesn't care anymore. Heck in Way's run this is touched up again as he literally pays Deadpool off.

Plus isn't the last time we saw Lester's corpse was in the possession of Lady Bullseye (after she also did um.. things best not left remembered with the corpse).
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16322
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 22, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm a little disappointed it's not stiltman. At some point I'll go back and read the previous decade of daredevil comics...except for shadowland hell with that crap.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby jeremy » Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 am

I don't know all the mysteries behind what's going on, but I loved the issue myself.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34490
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 93 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby Punchy » Fri May 24, 2013 7:15 am

Yet another superlative issue of Daredevil from Mark Waid and Chris Samnee, this is just a fantastic title and each issue is better than the last. This double-sized special issue finally reveals who the mysterious figure who has been tormenting Daredevil since #1 is… it’s only fucking Bullseye! Yep, Bullseye is now a paralysed criminal mastermind. I’m not sure how I feel about this at the moment, part of me thinks it’s genius, and another part of me has a hard time buying that Bullseye, who has pretty much always been portrayed as not the brightest of psychopaths, could become a master of manipulation so quickly. But as a moment of shocking surprise? It really works.

I think this issue was one of the most suspenseful comics I’ve ever read, just as Matt Murdock was on edge, so was I. That interview scene with ‘Lawrence Benson’ was masterful, you go from thinking he’s a threat, to not a threat, then back to a threat, and then not, and then back again all in the space of 3 pages. Waid and Samnee really portrayed Matt’s paranoia in a brilliant way. And then at the end, when Matt is hopped up on adrenaline and he kicks the shit out of Lady Bullseye? You felt every punch. I just can’t be more effusive about how good the team of Waid and Samnee are together, it’s very appropriate that they are credited together as ‘storytellers’, because that’s what they are, Samnee’s art works in confluence with Waid’s words and the amount of interesting visual tricks used blows my mind. I have enjoyed every issue of this run, and this story may be the best one so far. I have my doubts about Bullseye The Master Planner, but I’m willing to trust Waid and I can’t wait for another fight between Daredevil and Ikari next issue.

The back-up story in this issue was also very good, and it made me quite emotional. I don’t want to say too much about it because a close family member is currently undergoing treatment for cancer, but this story worked really well, and went some way to removing some of my problems with this Foggy story. Plus, Samnee draws one hell of an Iron Man! But he draws one hell of everything, even cute little cancer-dinosaurs.

MikeinLA
Flying Mongoose
 
Posts: 555
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 55 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 pm


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby MikeinLA » Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 pm

I greatly enjoyed the story. Samnee is a tremendous talent. Waid is going out of his way to make his Daredevil different from those runs that are considered more seminal (Miller, Bendis) by incorporating a lot more of the fantastic elements of the MU, but still keeps the character grounded. He has real issues, and wounds, to deal with. And I like the idea of Bullseye transforming into a criminal mastermind type thanks to his paralysis. My one issue, as "cool" was it was, was how Foggy figured out it was Bullseye behind all the problems. It made about as much sense as having him putting together the list on violet post-its and realizing Purple Man was after them.

MikeinLA
Flying Mongoose
 
Posts: 555
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 55 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 pm


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby MikeinLA » Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Oops
Last edited by MikeinLA on Sun May 26, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14996
Likes: 4942 posts
Liked in: 732 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby HNutz » Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 am

MikeinLA wrote: My one issue, as "cool" was it was, was how Foggy figured out it was Bullseye behind all the problems. It made about as much sense as having him putting together the list on violet post-its and realizing Purple Man was after them.


Yeah, me too.

Maybe that's why I'm having trouble buying the reveal?

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21222
Likes: 243 posts
Liked in: 509 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Daredevil #26 *Spoilers*

Postby Amoebas » Mon May 27, 2013 10:03 am

MikeinLA wrote: My one issue, as "cool" was it was, was how Foggy figured out it was Bullseye behind all the problems. It made about as much sense as having him putting together the list on violet post-its and realizing Purple Man was after them.

:lol:

I thought "what if Foggy had used a star in the center to indicate the big bad?" thus making Captain America the villain.

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zechs and 55 guests

Advertisement