Advertisement

Um, Do What Now? Quicksilver Confirmed For X-Men 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 151 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu May 23, 2013 2:18 pm

But, I thought….

Source: Twitter

Yea, you read that right; despite Joss Whedon recently confirming the character for Avengers 2, he has also been confirmed for rival Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past, and we even have a tweet from Bryan Singer to prove it:

(Update: Singer has since deleted his tweet, but here is a screenshot)

Will this mark the beginning of a blood feud between Fox and Disney, leading to vicious shootouts between executives as the lobby for turf in the tough streets of Hollywood? Will Marvel hire Joseph Gordon Levitt to play Quicksilver in Avengers 2, causing fan anguish everywhere?

Is Singer lying? Is Whedon? Did Marvel split the rights? Are movie goers smart enough to handle this? If so, why the Hell did DC cancel Hellblazer? Who exactly did something stupid here? Marvel? Fox? Singer? Disney? DC?

Will shirtless Benedict Cumberbatch be involved? Will he have a shower scene?

More importantly, what does Rob Liefeld think of all this?

Is Die Hard still the greatest Christmas movie of all time?

Is SpongeBob Squarepants really a metaphor of the 7 Deadly Sins?

Hulk mad?

Would Bryan Singer lick Brian Michael Bendis?

Will we ever publish this article, or will we just keep coming up with questions?

U DECIDE!

Stick with The Outhouse as we find out.

UPDATE - Yes, the rights are all split up

We both have [Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch]. There’s a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with “Avengers,” but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto’s relatives, but cannot have anything to do with “The Avengers.” - Kevin Feige

And from HitFix

"This is not a situation where the two different companies are working together to try and create a sense of a larger shared world. In fact, if either of them could get the other to back off, they would. The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver, and Joss Whedon feels that there is a pressing reason for Quicksilver to show up in "The Avengers 2," and so what we're going to see is a legally-negotiated stand-off in which we'll get two totally different versions of one character. While they may act like things are amicable in public, HitFix sources say otherwise." Unsurprisngly, they add that, "Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence."

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Um, Do What Now? Quicksilver Confirmed For X-Men 2

Postby Zechs » Thu May 23, 2013 2:23 pm

What?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Could an Avengers vs. X-Men film be on the horizon?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Marvel's already said that both Fox and Marvel can use the characters... though this just sounds like they added him to screw over Marvel/Joss

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 601 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 2:37 pm

It's not really that confusing I guess. Obviously Fox can use the Quicksilver, the son of Magneto, that appeared as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in X-Men #4. Disney/Marvel Studios can use the Quicksilver who is the brother of the Scarlet Witch but NOT the son of Magneto, who appeared in Avengers #16 and all comics following.
ImageImageImage

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Hilarious. Those characters are going to get more screen time because of their shared ownership status moreso than their actual validity/interest level. :lol: :lol:
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Grayson wrote:It's not really that confusing I guess. Obviously Fox can use the Quicksilver, the son of Magneto, that appeared as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in X-Men #4. Disney/Marvel Studios can use the Quicksilver who is the brother of the Scarlet Witch but NOT the son of Magneto, who appeared in Avengers #16 and all comics following.
X-Men version: children of Magneto
Avengers version: children of Miss America & Whizzer

...maybe we'll see both studios use Wundagore Mountain! Race to Wundagore Mountain! Escape from Wundagore Mountain!!
-

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 pm

outsider wrote:X-Men version: children of Magneto
Avengers version: children of Miss America & Whizzer

...maybe we'll see both studios use Wundagore Mountain! Race to Wundagore Mountain! Escape from Wundagore Mountain!!

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Avengers versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't just the grandchildren of some HYDRA scientists who experimented on themselves after World War II. Simple enough explanation and it gives them ties to a terrorist organization.
ImageImageImage

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Grayson wrote:
I wouldn't be too surprised if the Avengers versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't just the grandchildren of some HYDRA scientists who experimented on themselves after World War II. Simple enough explanation and it gives them ties to a terrorist organization.
That's a really good idea. I'd love to see Wundagore (obviously), but I could see the movieverse using your suggestion for Pietro's & Wanda's backstory.
-

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Grayson wrote:

they don't even need to mention who their parents are... just have Fury say their history is classified..

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 pm

outsider wrote:That's a really good idea. I'd love to see Wundagore (obviously), but I could see the movieverse using your suggestion for Pietro's & Wanda's backstory.

If Disney/Marvel Studios can use Wundagore, then they could still go with my suggestion and incorporate it into their origin. Just say that Wundagore is a place left over by the Asgardians, that the Red Skull found and turned it into a secret HYDRA base. Once the Red Skull was defeated by Captain America, HYDRA started to fall apart but members who were seeking to avoid prosecution fled to Wundagore to hide and start a new life.
ImageImageImage

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Damn, Grayson, you're tickling my fancy with this! :smt026 :smt026
Work Jessica Drew and her father into it, and I'll contribute to your screenwriting kickstarter!! :-D
-

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu May 23, 2013 3:15 pm

From Kevin Feige:

We both have [Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch]. There’s a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with “Avengers,” but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto’s relatives, but cannot have anything to do with “The Avengers.”

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

outsider wrote:Damn, Grayson, you're tickling my fancy with this! :smt026 :smt026
Work Jessica Drew and her father into it, and I'll contribute to your screenwriting kickstarter!! :-D

You know, Jessica Drew's dad did work with the High Evolutionary.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

outsider wrote:...maybe we'll see both studios use Wundagore Mountain! Race to Wundagore Mountain! Escape from Wundagore Mountain!!

SyFy Saturday Night presents "Return To Wundagore Mountain" starring The Rock as Bova :P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum