Advertisement

Um, Do What Now? Quicksilver Confirmed For X-Men 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 474 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Um, Do What Now? Quicksilver Confirmed For X-Men 2

Postby sdsichero » Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm

And High Evolutionary's first appearance? Thor #134. Tie in!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 514 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 pm

sdsichero wrote:
You know, Jessica Drew's dad did work with the High Evolutionary.
Oh, I know that. I love the original Spider-Woman series - it was a trippy mashup of pseudo-science, Camelot, fairy tales and gorgeous Carmine Infantino artwork.
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 3:28 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
SyFy Saturday Night presents "Return To Wundagore Mountain" starring The Rock as Bova :P
I'd watch it. :oops:
-

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 852 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 3:53 pm

outsider wrote:Damn, Grayson, you're tickling my fancy with this! :smt026 :smt026
Work Jessica Drew and her father into it, and I'll contribute to your screenwriting kickstarter!! :-D

Hmmmm...challenge accepted! 8)

Perhaps her father, Jonathan Drew was one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. who was tasked with infiltrating HYDRA after it was discovered that they had been hiding out in Wundagore. When he arrived, he discovered that the members of HYDRA had abandoned their ways and took up a life of peace and prosperity, creating a utopian society of advanced science. Jonathan was so enchanted with the lifestyle of Wundagore that he abandoned his mission and started a life and a family there. Years later, his daughter Jessica joined Pietro and Wanda Maximoff under the leadership of the Baron Helmut Zemo to start a new HYDRA cell. However, Jessica was always taught about S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA by her father, who always suspected that one day somebody would try to rise up and restart HYDRA. Secretly, Jessica has joined Zemo's new HYDRA cell as a way of spying on him and reporting back to her father who is desperately trying to get in touch with S.H.I.E.L.D. for help.
Last edited by Grayson on Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 3:58 pm

*SPLOOSH* 8)
-

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm

There's been talk of the various studios cooperating for a long time now. Oscorp Tower was supposed to be in Avengers, for example.

I could easily see Quicksilver being in both Avengers 2 and X-Men. Even with the same actor, in fact. As long as nothing from either movie is directly referenced, there's nothing wrong.

And Fox or Sony don't operate in a vacuum. Marvel may not have direct input in the direction of their films, but they're still using licensed properties and have some level of contact with Marvel. I find it highly doubtful that Singer would do this out of the blue without Marvel knowing about it... and if Marvel still gave Whedon the go-ahead for Quicksilver, that leads me to believe that they could cast the same actor for both.

OR... X-Men could be a younger version, and Avengers an older. Singer's tweet does say "before he was an Avenger...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 474 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Grayson wrote:
Hmmmm...challenge accepted! 8)

Perhaps her father, Jonathan Drew was one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. who was tasked with infiltrating HYDRA after it was discovered that they had been hiding out in Wundagore. When he arrived, he discovered that the members of HYDRA had abandoned their ways and took up a life of peace and prosperity, creating a utopian society of advanced science. Jonathan was so enchanted with the lifestyle of Wundagore that he abandoned his mission and started a life and a family there. Years later, his daughter Jessica joined Pietro and Wanda Maximoff under the leadership of the Baron Helmut Zemo to start a new HYDRA cell. However, Jessica was always taught about S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA by her father, who always suspected that one day somebody would try to rise up and restart HYDRA. Secretly, Jessica has joined Zemo's new HYDRA cell as a way of spying on him and reporting back to her father who is desperately trying to get in touch with S.H.I.E.L.D. for help.

But you didn't include Herbert Wyndam who worked with Jonathan Drew and Phaeder who would tie in to the inhumans! :-(
ImageImageImageImageImage

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 699 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu May 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Bryan Singer.

Joss Whedon.

Thunderdome.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 4:35 pm

sdsichero wrote:But you didn't include Herbert Wyndam who worked with Jonathan Drew and Phaeder who would tie in to the inhumans! :-(

:oops:

Ok, not a problem. After Jessica exposes Zemo and his new HYDRA, Pietro and Wanda are taken in to S.H.I.E.L.D. custody. However, Zemo escapes and Wundagore is exposed to the world. Jonathan Drew and Herbert Wyndam have no interest in returning to modern society, so instead they decide to track down a civilization that they heard about in rumors while living in Wundagore. This civilization, Attilan, is the rumored home of hybrids of humans and the Kree, an advance race of militaristic aliens. Drew and Wyndam are cautiously welcomed into Attilan by the Inhumans, who are just as curious about these humans as they are of them. However, the Inhumans are forced to withdraw from Earth entirely after a rogue Inhuman, Phaeder, kills Drew and exposes Wyndam to the Terrigen Mist creating the terrifying High Evolutionary!
ImageImageImage

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Grayson wrote:It's not really that confusing I guess. Obviously Fox can use the Quicksilver, the son of Magneto, that appeared as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in X-Men #4. Disney/Marvel Studios can use the Quicksilver who is the brother of the Scarlet Witch but NOT the son of Magneto, who appeared in Avengers #16 and all comics following.

that's messed up! hahaha

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu May 23, 2013 4:59 pm

However, a report over at HitFix has shed some more light on both Singer's plans for Quicksilver and the relationship between the two studios "This is not a situation where the two different companies are working together to try and create a sense of a larger shared world. In fact, if either of them could get the other to back off, they would. The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver, and Joss Whedon feels that there is a pressing reason for Quicksilver to show up in "The Avengers 2," and so what we're going to see is a legally-negotiated stand-off in which we'll get two totally different versions of one character. While they may act like things are amicable in public, HitFix sources say otherwise." Unsurprisngly, they add that, "Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm

The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver

If it is just a sequence and it doesn't really expand upon the character outside of the fact that its Quicksilver, then why not use Northstar? :smt102
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Whedon vs Singer :lol:

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Grayson wrote:
If it is just a sequence and it doesn't really expand upon the character outside of the fact that its Quicksilver, then why not use Northstar? :smt102

because then they can't screw Marvel over and say they did Quicksilver first

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 23, 2013 5:50 pm

e_galston wrote:because then they can't screw Marvel over and say they did Quicksilver first

:smt011

They can say that all they want but at this point I have more faith in Disney/Marvel Studios than I do in Fox. Fox can say that they were the first to use Quicksilver but in all likelihood we know that Disney/Marvel's version will be better.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum