Advertisement

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robin Williams Team Up For Bad CBS Sitcom The Crazy Ones This Fall.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post

Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robin Williams Team Up For Bad CBS Sitcom The Crazy Ones This Fall.

Postby LOLtron » Wed May 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star to star in sitcom that is neither Buffy nor funny.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

It’s time for a new OH! Entertainment feature - “When People We Like Make Poor Career Choices.” In this first installment, former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar will have a new series this fall that sadly has nothing to do with slaying vampires and other Big Bads, and everything to do with sharing air time with an insane once-funny comedian.

Instead she’ll be teaming up with Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams in The Crazy Ones, a CBS sitcom coming this fall in which they play a father and daughter working at a Chicago advertising agency. The Crazy Ones - get it. It’s supposed to be like Mad Men - if Mad Men were set in the present day, had a once-funny aging comedian starring in it instead of John Hamm, and was a bad sitcom.

It does have one thing else in common with Mad Men. It’s seems to be set to involve actual companies willing to make themsleves and their products look bad as Williams' clients, as the pilot involves a McDonald’s ad campaign gone wrong.

Wait, it gets worse, Kelly Clarkson guest stars in the pilot as herself,  Because the world has long awaited her return to thespianism since From Justin to Kelly bombed at the box office. To top it all off, she’ll singing an ad jingle that is not for Happy Meals.

CBS has provided a trailer for the new series, which reveals the infinite sadness that is The Crazy Ones.

The Crazy Ones looks like it could possibly wreck the careers of Williams, Gellar, and Clarkson, plus damage sales for the Golden Arches. The only saving grace for this show? CBS will be airing it on Thursday nights, following The Big Bang Theory and new series The Millers. So it will easy to ignore, yet paradoxically still manage to get good ratings at the same time.

Written or Contributed by Juan Cena

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robin Williams Team Up For Bad CB

Postby MistaT » Wed May 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Happy to see Sarah Michelle Gellar again, but yeah this looks bad. And its mostly because of Robin Williams, he just tries to hard. :smt011

CountD
Undead Member

Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Anonymous
FACEBOOKTron

Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robin Williams Team Up For Bad CBS Sitcom The Crazy Ones This Fall.

Postby Anonymous » Thu May 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks for posting on The Crazy Ones, Juan. I was watching a preview of The Crazy Ones in my office at DISH this morning, and I had to send the link to everyone wondering what had me cracking up. The premier is still months away, but I can't wait! At least I know I won't miss it thanks to my DISH Hopper DVR. It records everything that FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC air on primetime, so The Crazy Ones will get recorded even if I forget what day it comes on.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 pm

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Will not be happening when watching this show.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: RE: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robin Williams Team Up For Ba

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 23, 2013 11:10 pm

FBtron wrote:Thanks for posting on The Crazy Ones, Juan. I was watching a preview of The Crazy Ones in my office at DISH this morning, and I had to send the link to everyone wondering what had me cracking up. The premier is still months away, but I can't wait! At least I know I won't miss it thanks to my DISH Hopper DVR. It records everything that FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC air on primetime, so The Crazy Ones will get recorded even if I forget what day it comes on.

(Yeah, No s**t, Sherlock. Just in the mood to post some Python)

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Wow, I am so not interested after checking this preview.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 am

It isn't that Williams isn't funny anymore; I saw him last year and he was funny enough. The problem is that he isn't funny when scripted. He has to be really let off his leash to be funny, allowed to improv all over the place. And I suppose they have to allow him whatever drugs allow him to do that...

So a scripted sitcom probably isn't the best place for him. SMG OTOH can be funny when scripted----IF the material is funny.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum