Advertisement

Review Group Week 159: RUNAWAYS #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:38 pm

thefourthman wrote:This, I almost agree with. purpose gone is a big problem with the book right now. However, it is one hundred percent Moore's fault. He is the writer, this book is not being editorially mandated... there is almost no hint that Secret Invasion even happened, he is free to do what he wishes and he chose to do nothing. Make Howard Stern the bad guy and give him Zombies... really?

Exactly how I feel... I would almost rather see this tied in with Dark Reign, at least that would make things interesting.

Advertisement

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Next weeks book has to be War of Kings... I know the fourthman is with me on this!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:52 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Next weeks book has to be War of Kings... I know the fourthman is with me on this!

I'd be very happy with that as well! :D

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:03 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Next weeks book has to be War of Kings... I know the fourthman is with me on this!

Agreed. I flicked through Runaways at the store and it didn't interest me plus i've never been a particularly big fan of them anyway so i left it there, i am trying to find the first trade of Moore's Echo though.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:This, I almost agree with. purpose gone is a big problem with the book right now. However, it is one hundred percent Moore's fault. He is the writer, this book is not being editorially mandated... there is almost no hint that Secret Invasion even happened, he is free to do what he wishes and he chose to do nothing. Make Howard Stern the bad guy and give him Zombies... really?

It's been a problem since before Moore though, through Whedon's run certainly, and maybe in parts of BKV's second volume too.

I hope the new writer (Yost? He did OK in the SI mini) takes the team somewhere new.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:40 pm

ugg... I already missed watchmen so I won't be breaking a run.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Punchy wrote:It's been a problem since before Moore though, through Whedon's run certainly, and maybe in parts of BKV's second volume too.

I hope the new writer (Yost? He did OK in the SI mini) takes the team somewhere new.

doesn't matter, he is the writer it is in his hands to fix. Whedon would have been okay, if he could get the book out on time.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Mr. Batman has turned in his pick and it is...

[center]Image
Superman: World of New Krypton #1[/center]
Written by James Robinson and Greg Rucka
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Gary Frank
Variant cover by Ladrönn

Following the events of the "New Krypton" crossover, the Man of Steel has had to embrace his past to ensure humanity's future. And while a devastating armed conflict with Earth may have been averted, keeping the peace will be Superman's greatest challenge yet.
Last edited by ****** on Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Interesting choice, the writer isn't Kreisberg anymore, it's the Wonder Twins of James Robinson and Greg Rucka.

The Superman books are practically the only decent DCU books left, so I am looking forward to this, since Big Blue is going to be absent from his own books for the year.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:36 pm

AWESOME!!!

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Punchy wrote:Interesting choice, the writer isn't Kreisberg anymore, it's the Wonder Twins of James Robinson and Greg Rucka.

Did they end up writing the first issue? I knew they the writers for everything after #2, but the DC website still has the original solicitation info.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:52 pm

amlah6 wrote:Did they end up writing the first issue? I knew they the writers for everything after #2, but the DC website still has the original solicitation info.

I think so. Kreisberg pulled out early. (heh)

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Punchy wrote:I think so. Kreisberg pulled out early. (heh)

Yeah, I just found an interview on CBR that says it's R&R for the whole series.

Luckily I can go back and edit my post... unlike some places. :evil: :lol: :wink:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:01 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, I just found an interview on CBR that says it's R&R for the whole series.

Luckily I can go back and edit my post... unlike some places. :evil: :lol: :wink:

You can edit for 15 minutes on Newsarama.

Of course, it doesn't matter to me, for I never make mistakes, I am perfection, I am Ozymandias.

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Punchy wrote:You can edit for 15 minutes on Newsarama.

:smt011

Punchy wrote:Of course, it doesn't matter to me, for I never make mistakes, I am perfection, I am Ozymandias.

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand