Friday, December 2, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Oh, Fuck You, Sweden.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat May 25, 2013 7:23 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I'm sure you have. They did that song "Love Fool" in the 90s.

What pat

What part of the '90s specifically?

EDIT: Ah yes, just as I suspected. Mid-'90s, 1996- which is right square in my cultural black hole.

I know no one remembers minutiae on forums like this (except me, that is!), but I know I've mentioned it before. I wanted to get away and lived on 300 acres of mountaintop for several years in the '90s. I had charge of anywhere between 85-120 Scottish Black-face sheep. I got an NPR radio station in sometimes, but the only tv station I could get was some network from Canada, and that I only got by firing a long wire into the top of a tall tree with a crossbow and running it to the cabin for an antenna. The nearest theater was about an hour away, and if on occasion we headed into a town, it's a sure bet The Cardigans wouldn't have been overheard anywhere in it.

For a number of months, I didn't even live in a cabin. I built a big tent platform in a clearing in the woods and rigged up a huge old Swiss military tent that withstood anything. I had a small generator that ran electricity to the tent, enough for a light and a coffee maker and a television/vcr. Me and a woman and two dogs. You could hear coyotes at night, and bear or a moose would not be uncommon. Actually, Moose were kind of uncommon now that I think about it, but I saw a few. Chickadees would land on my shoulders and chipmunks would sit in my hands.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat May 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:What pat

What part of the '90s specifically?

EDIT: Ah yes, just as I suspected. Mid-'90s, 1996- which is right square in my cultural black hole.

I know no one remembers minutiae on forums like this (except me, that is!), but I know I've mentioned it before. I wanted to get away and lived on 300 acres of mountaintop for several years in the '90s. I had charge of anywhere between 85-120 Scottish Black-face sheep. I got an NPR radio station in sometimes, but the only tv station I could get was some network from Canada, and that I only got by firing a long wire into the top of a tall tree with a crossbow and running it to the cabin for an antenna. The nearest theater was about an hour away, and if on occasion we headed into a town, it's a sure bet The Cardigans wouldn't have been overheard anywhere in it.

For a number of months, I didn't even live in a cabin. I built a big tent platform in a clearing in the woods and rigged up a huge old Swiss military tent that withstood anything. I had a small generator that ran electricity to the tent, enough for a light and a coffee maker and a television/vcr. Me and a woman and two dogs. You could hear coyotes at night, and bear or a moose would not be uncommon. Actually, Moose were kind of uncommon now that I think about it, but I saw a few. Chickadees would land on my shoulders and chipmunks would sit in my hands.


WTF? :lol: I DO pay attention to minutia usually, but don't remember that at all.

I wouldn't have the fortitude for that, but it sounds awesome.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
You were flinging them towards a picture of Rich Johnston! And missed more then once! You took out that picture of that guy at CBR.


Yeah! You're welcome!
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sat May 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I was trying to be one of the cool kids... but my conscious wouldn't let me. :oops:



I'd lose all respect for you if you said you liked The Cardigans cover of Ironman.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat May 25, 2013 8:03 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
WTF? :lol: I DO pay attention to minutia usually, but don't remember that at all.

I wouldn't have the fortitude for that, but it sounds awesome.


My favorite chipmunk's name was Squinty (because he had some kind of birth defect), somewhere I have a whole photo album devoted to him.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Lord Ice wrote:

I'd lose all respect for you if you said you liked The Cardigans cover of Ironman.


They did that? Oh that is seriously wrong...

This needs to be posted to clear that out of my head.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Yeah! You're welcome!


:-D
User avatar

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Time to add some class to this thread. :lol: :wink:

User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 am

I like 'em. :smt102

User avatar

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Sun May 26, 2013 12:53 pm

GLX wrote:I like 'em. :smt102



Image
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 am

Cernunnos wrote:Time to add some class to this thread. :lol: :wink:



There wasn't enough class here?
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am

Cernunnos wrote:
Image


This is one of the videos I watched:



It's "Spice Girls 2013"... :smt011
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 30, 2013 2:48 pm

I just wonder if Chrali XCX (the singer) is a Trek fan?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, DarthEwok, FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 40 guests