Advertisement

Fast and Furious 6: Looooooooongest runway EVER

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Fast and Furious 6: Looooooooongest runway EVER

Postby Chris » Sat May 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Lionel Terror wrote:Wow, that never even dawned on me, but would actually really make sense and totally fit. Too bad it would never happen seeing as they are both franchise heroes.

Yeah, plus I don't know if different studios own the rights.. which I think is a bigger hurdle than both being franchise heroes, considering that the Transporter franchise is basically dead and in TV land now. And I think that Transporter TV series may have been canned after one season, too.

But it would certainly fit.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat May 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Lionel Terror wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Agreed, Han is the best charatcer of the series after Dom and Brian

I like the Rock. He's a fucking tank, and has no real character beyond that, but he is entertaining.

I like Han, but he doesn't really bring anything to the table other than stand in the background chewing on his nuts in every scene.

Nobama

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Nobama » Sat May 25, 2013 6:58 pm

You're right in so much as what he was reduced to. It's hard for me not to look at him in terms of who he was in Tokyo Drift, which was easily the best feature of that movie. To me, he's one of the most, if not the most, endearing characters.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat May 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Yeah, but that was probably my least favorite movie.

I hate that kid in the movie with a fiery passion. Which says a lot about a franchise that has Vin Diesel as the main lead.

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Sat May 25, 2013 9:24 pm

I loved Fast and Furious 6, but I will have to admit that runway was long as hell. :lol:
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 307 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 pm

I liked how Justin Lin took the Han character from his better Luck Tomorrow and managed to integrate him into his Fast & Furious movies so well....was also hoping that the post-credits scene would retcon his death :(

But given they brought back Letty from such a permanent death there's still a chance he'll return somehow.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 213 posts

Postby dairydead » Sun May 26, 2013 8:45 am

Chris wrote:I also figured Giselle was a goner, seeing as how Tokyo Drift took place after this and she was nowhere to be seen with Han in that one. Her death scene was anticlimactic.

She should have died during the ambush from Shaw's men at the car shop. It would have been paced better, and allowed for them to up the stakes earlier in the movie, especially since Giselle didn't really do anything after that point anyways.Shame they killed the most attractive lady in the franchise.

Funny thing though, for how much they pushed the "family" aspect throughout the whole film, to the point of it being the entire plot of the movie, but it apparently doesn't apply to Leo and Santos. :lol:
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 431 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:43 pm

dairydead wrote:
yeahh. I hadn't read any spoilers, so i was pumped when i saw the scene. I was thinking it was a scene showing han escaping the explosion somehow, or just basically retconning Tokyo Drift. Sad to see that wasn't the case :( Even though he didn't have much to do in 6, he was kinda the heart of the series. If only they could have killed off Roman instead.

Yeah, Han and Gisele grew on me so it was sad they got killed off-although technically Han already died in the 3rd movie seeing as how the last 3 ones were prequels to Tokyo Drift.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Chris wrote:I also figured Giselle was a goner, seeing as how Tokyo Drift took place after this and she was nowhere to be seen with Han in that one. Her death scene was anticlimactic.

Yeah, I was hoping she would have survived falling off the vehicle after saving Han from one of Shaw's men but alas not. I really felt for Han when he realized she was genuinely gone.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Chris wrote:
Yeah, plus I don't know if different studios own the rights.. which I think is a bigger hurdle than both being franchise heroes, considering that the Transporter franchise is basically dead and in TV land now. And I think that Transporter TV series may have been canned after one season, too.

But it would certainly fit.

Yeah, that show pretty much came and went without much notice.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:51 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I liked how Justin Lin took the Han character from his better Luck Tomorrow and managed to integrate him into his Fast & Furious movies so well....was also hoping that the post-credits scene would retcon his death :(

But given they brought back Letty from such a permanent death there's still a chance he'll return somehow.

I dunno how they could retcon him surviving being blown up in his own car so easily. At least with Letty they never showed her body in the 4th one which was basically a backdoor for her to return. The most they'll probably do with Han is have him appear in flashbacks in the 7th one or reveal that he has a twin brother if they ever decide to return him somehow.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 pm

an EVIL twin brother

played by Ben Kingsley

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 213 posts