Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Arrested Development

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun May 26, 2013 3:00 pm

BAMJoe wrote:
I am halfway through right now and it is fantastic. Does it end with the possibility of more seasons?

It ends with the assumption of more story I'd say. Closer to the end of season 1 or 2 than the original last episode.

Amoebas, it is insanely complicated and it's amazing that it all seems to sync up so nicely with previous episodes. My one gripe would be that it spells out the places where they cross over a but strongly.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun May 26, 2013 3:55 pm

So I skipped BBQ #1 and watched the rest solo.

Damn that was good.

And draining - comedy can be exhausting.

Zero wrote:
It ends with the assumption of more story I'd say. Closer to the end of season 1 or 2 than the original last episode.

Amoebas, it is insanely complicated and it's amazing that it all seems to sync up so nicely with previous episodes. My one gripe would be that it spells out the places where they cross over a but strongly.

Limitations of a shooting schedule with nine principals I guess.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Portia Di Rossi's face is really distracting why did she have work done? I mean if thats her face what do you think Ellen had her do to her vagina?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun May 26, 2013 5:42 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Portia Di Rossi's face is really distracting why did she have work done? I mean if thats her face what do you think Ellen had her do to her vagina?

... and release

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Amoebas wrote:So I skipped BBQ #1 and watched the rest solo.

Damn that was good.

And draining - comedy can be exhausting.

Limitations of a shooting schedule with nine principals I guess.

I think it was due to Hurwitz's original desire to have them watchable in any order. When that didn't pan out extra bits of narration (and there are a few moments where the ADR is incredibly obvious too) seem to have been added.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Once Portia isn't in a wig she's looking a little more natural.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 26, 2013 7:43 pm

On the second Lindsey episode and she looks so much better without the wig. She looked way bizarre with it.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sun May 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Zuckercorn is killing it this season. Also DeBree is the best new character. Maria Bamford is unbelievably good.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Good Lord Jessica Walters legs!!!!!!!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun May 26, 2013 11:22 pm

dairydead wrote:Zuckercorn is killing it this season. Also DeBree is the best new character. Maria Bamford is unbelievably good.

I'm pretty sure Yoni would back me up on this, but I've known this since Comedians of Comedy came out.

She's seriously one of the most underrated comedic actresses/female stand ups out there. 8)

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 26, 2013 11:30 pm

doombug wrote:
I'm pretty sure Yoni would back me up on this, but I've known this since Comedians of Comedy came out.

She's seriously one of the most underrated comedic actresses/female stand ups out there. 8)

Oh yeah she's amazing.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon May 27, 2013 2:03 am

Very, very good. Going to re-watch it all again very soon.

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Mon May 27, 2013 9:48 am

All the face blindness was cracking me up.

Also, Brian grazer cannot act.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon May 27, 2013 10:06 am

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Well it was not perfect, not by a long shot. Some of the guests were jarring especially Seth Rogan and Kristen Wiig who I love. And the first couple episodes were a slog to get through and the constant repeat of jokes and moments were a chore but the Tobias episodes were great. The episodes that worked the best were the episodes that shifted focus and the Michael episodes were very very not good.

leave a comment with facebook