Advertisement

Why the Rich Don't Feel Rich

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 294 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Re: Why the Rich Don't Feel Rich

Postby Herald » Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Oh no he even agrees with me! :cry:

We already agreed on something in this thread: About how ridiculous it is for rich people to complain about keeping up their high standard of living. Remember??

Like I said, you're not quite right in the head. :P

Advertisement

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 431 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Jude I'm sorry if I made a personal attack against you. I'm a curt fellow in real life and that can often come across in a way I didn't intend.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 763 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Jude....

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

One of these should be able for you to understand where you are and why you feel the way you do. You see... you have agreed with Herald.

Therefore, you are in the Twilight Zone... you poor fucker you.

:P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:You see... you have agreed with Herald.

On this thread, SO HAVE YOU. :twisted:

And many others, too!
Go back to the first few pages, and check! :-D

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 763 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Herald wrote:
On this thread, SO HAVE YOU. :twisted:

And many others, too!
Go back to the first few pages, and check! :-D

"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:

That's one lovely cat.

Muppetesque
Cunning Linguist

Liked in: 1 post
Title: ^ My Beaver with a cock
Formerly: nerdygirl

Postby Muppetesque » Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Rockman wrote:I don't think 250k would be rich in certain areas like new york with astronomical costs of living.

I disagree. I recently got a significant raise from my day job and I'm continuing to see growing income from my own business. Know what I did with all that extra income? Nothing.

I could easily change my lifestyle... buy a McMansion; a new car etc. But instead I'm remaining fairly frugal. I was living off of far less before and there's no reason to incur more costs. People personally justify 250K as "not rich" because their expectations of the lifestyle they ought to live increased with their salary. It's 4 Times what the median income in the US is - they should be able to live on far less.

I don't fault people for earning more - I DO fault them for whining about not having enough when they have more than most.
eyp wrote:you should start following nerdygirl's advice.

CountD wrote:you were prettier in person, too.

Epidemic_Spider wrote:So you admit I'm more fun than Nieto :groucho:
GOSD wrote:I admit nothing!Yes.

Strict31 wrote:Huh. Nerdygirl's got some booty on her. Kind of a surprise there, Emma.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 127 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Muppetesque wrote:
I disagree. I recently got a significant raise from my day job and I'm continuing to see growing income from my own business. Know what I did with all that extra income? Nothing.

I could easily change my lifestyle... buy a McMansion; a new car etc. But instead I'm remaining fairly frugal. I was living off of far less before and there's no reason to incur more costs. People personally justify 250K as "not rich" because their expectations of the lifestyle they ought to live increased with their salary. It's 4 Times what the median income in the US is - they should be able to live on far less.

I don't fault people for earning more - I DO fault them for whining about not having enough when they have more than most.

The biggest problem is people who have ideas of what a lifestyle at a certain income bracket would be based on what their income was worth a decade or two ago.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum