Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Arrested Development

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon May 27, 2013 1:53 pm

I thought Wiig was incredible as young Lucille. Rogan on the other hand did nothing to make me remotely consider him a young George.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon May 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Rogan was terrible (as always!), Wiig was at least recognizable as an attempt at Lucille.

I was ready to call the whole thing off if it didn't pick up quickly after the Rogan scenes, it seemed like such a misfire to me.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Seth Rogen co-wrote Superbad so he gets a pass. Wiig is awesome as young Lucille. Young Barry is funny too.

I'm only 4 eps in but I like it so far. One thing it doesn't have it the quirkiness of before and I'm not enjoying Michael at all. He needs to stop trying to be funny. David Cross on the other hand has not missed a beat. Kitty was great as well. I like that they're working in new material such as Ron Howard and Jerry Bruckheimer having competitive towers.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Keb wrote:Seth Rogen co-wrote Superbad so he gets a pass. Wiig is awesome as young Lucille. Young Barry is funny too.

I'm only 4 eps in but I like it so far. One thing it doesn't have it the quirkiness of before and I'm not enjoying Michael at all. He needs to stop trying to be funny. David Cross on the other hand has not missed a beat. Kitty was great as well. I like that they're working in new material such as Ron Howard and Jerry Bruckheimer having competitive towers.



Yeah Michael went from being the straight man you cared about to being worse than all of them.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon May 27, 2013 7:55 pm

The whole season has a much darker feel to it. I agree about Michael, its crazy how he went from the protagonist of the show to the antagonist, more or less, for all the actual lovable characters.

I'm only on episode 10, but as of right now, my biggest complaint is that there is too much focus on George Sr. . All the sweat lodge stuff seemed inconsequential, and he's just not as funny when the focus is completely on him.
User avatar

Porcelain38

dINGO

Postby Porcelain38 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Just some thoughts:


* i do not like Michael Bluth at all anymore. He used to be the most likable on the show but he is now probably the most annoying. I can't tell if that's the point i.e, making Michael into more of a dysfunctional character who better fits into the family or having the viewer see Michael as the rest of his family sees him. Whatever the cases, if it feel off.

* Tobias. HOLY SHIT. His episodes were great. Especially the methadone drug clinic stuff and his Fantastic Four musical. :lol:

*It was cool seeing Roger Sterling in a couple episodes.

*While it sucks not having the entire cast together (and it was obvious that they were not all together) , the one on one scenes (i.e GOB and George Michael at the gay bar, Buster and Lucielle, GOB and Tobias) were so goddamn funny it almost made up for it.

*There is an odd lack of Buster in the season.

* I did not like George's ending. It felt out of place and strange.

*The ending to the season was anti-climatic. It left me wanting another episode that provided a better conclusion.

All in all, I can't complain. I enjoyed it for what it was. It was strong despite it's obvious weakness.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Wow! Didn't realize that I wasn't the only one who wasn't feeling Michael. I thought I was missing something or I had been watching (and re-watching) the show wrong for years.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon May 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Porcelain38 wrote:* i do not like Michael Bluth at all anymore. He used to be the most likable on the show but he is now probably the most annoying. I can't tell if that's the point i.e, making Michael into more of a dysfunctional character who better fits into the family or having the viewer see Michael as the rest of his family sees him. Whatever the cases, if it feel off.

Most likely it's a set up for the potential movie.

[quote="Porcelain38"*While it sucks not having the entire cast together (and it was obvious that they were not all together) [/quote]
They were all together in Lucielle's apartment (even Bland was there).
User avatar

Porcelain38

dINGO

Postby Porcelain38 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Amoebas wrote:They were all together in Lucielle's apartment (even Bland was there).



There was that scene and the scene at the police station (and maybe Cinco de Cuatro) but that was it. Two/Three scenes out of 15 episodes is not much
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Amoebas wrote:Most likely it's a set up for the potential movie.

[quote="Porcelain38"*While it sucks not having the entire cast together (and it was obvious that they were not all together)

They were all together in Lucielle's apartment (even Bland was there).[/quote]

Image
User avatar

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Keb wrote:Seth Rogen co-wrote Superbad so he gets a pass. Wiig is awesome as young Lucille. Young Barry is funny too.


Apparently young Barry is winklers son.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Barry is the best!
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 pm

ANUSTART
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 am


User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue May 28, 2013 7:40 am

Did you really just post your own tweet?

L :P

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarrySagittarius, Grayson, Liam Moorhart, pastajoe and 33 guests