Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Why the Rich Don't Feel Rich

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Oh no he even agrees with me! :cry:


We already agreed on something in this thread: About how ridiculous it is for rich people to complain about keeping up their high standard of living. Remember??

Like I said, you're not quite right in the head. :P
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Jude I'm sorry if I made a personal attack against you. I'm a curt fellow in real life and that can often come across in a way I didn't intend.
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Jude....

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

One of these should be able for you to understand where you are and why you feel the way you do. You see... you have agreed with Herald.

Therefore, you are in the Twilight Zone... you poor fucker you.

:P
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:You see... you have agreed with Herald.


On this thread, SO HAVE YOU. :twisted:

And many others, too!
Go back to the first few pages, and check! :-D
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Herald wrote:
On this thread, SO HAVE YOU. :twisted:

And many others, too!
Go back to the first few pages, and check! :-D


Image
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Image


Image
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Image


That's one lovely cat.
User avatar

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Rockman wrote:I don't think 250k would be rich in certain areas like new york with astronomical costs of living.


I disagree. I recently got a significant raise from my day job and I'm continuing to see growing income from my own business. Know what I did with all that extra income? Nothing.

I could easily change my lifestyle... buy a McMansion; a new car etc. But instead I'm remaining fairly frugal. I was living off of far less before and there's no reason to incur more costs. People personally justify 250K as "not rich" because their expectations of the lifestyle they ought to live increased with their salary. It's 4 Times what the median income in the US is - they should be able to live on far less.

I don't fault people for earning more - I DO fault them for whining about not having enough when they have more than most.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Muppetesque wrote:
I disagree. I recently got a significant raise from my day job and I'm continuing to see growing income from my own business. Know what I did with all that extra income? Nothing.

I could easily change my lifestyle... buy a McMansion; a new car etc. But instead I'm remaining fairly frugal. I was living off of far less before and there's no reason to incur more costs. People personally justify 250K as "not rich" because their expectations of the lifestyle they ought to live increased with their salary. It's 4 Times what the median income in the US is - they should be able to live on far less.

I don't fault people for earning more - I DO fault them for whining about not having enough when they have more than most.


The biggest problem is people who have ideas of what a lifestyle at a certain income bracket would be based on what their income was worth a decade or two ago.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], cbikle, DarthEwok, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], GiveWarAChance, Google [Bot], holtom2000, Kurosawa, McMonkey Nut and 40 guests