Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1078 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Postby Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm

misac wrote:Kind of let down with the second series. But I'm glad they're finally using the characters instead of waiting for this guy to make time to write.

Matt Fraction is doing a great job with Kate Bishop in Hawkeye right now. Honestly, I have little to no interest in the new series, especially Miss America. The character has annoyed me every time I have seen her and I'm not really a fan of Kieron Gillen's work at Marvel. I might pick it up around issue #6 though, I have heard that Speed will be returning and Prodigy will be joining the team.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Fantastic Four by Hickman v.5 – Fucking EPIC! This felt bigger than all the major crossovers. You have the Kree and the Annihilation Wave attacking, the Inhumans, Galactus and then a squad of Celestials drop in.

Lots of cool moments. Two of my favorites where some of the smaller moments. when the FF saw the flaming ‘4’ in the sky, I got goosebumps. And Reed’s conversation with Annihilus, he was kind of creepy.

I’d like to see more of the Johnny and the Light Brigade. Maybe they can join the Future Foundation. :D

Art was great, Steve Epting works on any type of book. Barry Kitson faces kind of look like Amanda Conner at times. Johnny’s story in the Negative Zone also had really good art. There was a part where a woman explodes and it was cool without being gruesome.

I don’t know how the rest of the series can measure up.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Grayson wrote:
Matt Fraction is doing a great job with Kate Bishop in Hawkeye right now. Honestly, I have little to no interest in the new series, especially Miss America. The character has annoyed me every time I have seen her and I'm not really a fan of Kieron Gillen's work at Marvel. I might pick it up around issue #6 though, I have heard that Speed will be returning and Prodigy will be joining the team.

I’ve really liked his Marvel work, and think he got short chained with the X-Men after AvX. Fucking Bendis.

Haven’t read anything with Miss America but I’m sure Loki will outweigh her terribleness. :P

Prodigy from the Slingers? I like him but I didn't like him in the last Avengers Academy trade.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 377 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri May 31, 2013 12:56 pm

misac wrote:Fantastic Four by Hickman v.5 – Fucking EPIC! This felt bigger than all the major crossovers. You have the Kree and the Annihilation Wave attacking, the Inhumans, Galactus and then a squad of Celestials drop in.

Lots of cool moments. Two of my favorites where some of the smaller moments. when the FF saw the flaming ‘4’ in the sky, I got goosebumps. And Reed’s conversation with Annihilus, he was kind of creepy.

I’d like to see more of the Johnny and the Light Brigade. Maybe they can join the Future Foundation. :D

Art was great, Steve Epting works on any type of book. Barry Kitson faces kind of look like Amanda Conner at times. Johnny’s story in the Negative Zone also had really good art. There was a part where a woman explodes and it was cool without being gruesome.

I don’t know how the rest of the series can measure up.

:-D

It was awesome. Did you read FF alongside it?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1078 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 pm

misac wrote:Prodigy from the Slingers?

Nope, Prodigy from New Mutants and the X-Men line.
ImageImageImage

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri May 31, 2013 3:14 pm

Grayson wrote:

Well, I must say that I absolutely LOVE Young Avengers. Plus they published my letter on issue # 4.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Dial H v.1: Into You – It was mostly good, I liked the last two issues more than the main story. I’m on the fence on getting the second trade.

Art was good, again I liked the artists in the last two issues more than the main artist. That lizard guy was really cool looking though.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Keb wrote::-D

It was awesome. Did you read FF alongside it?

No, it was late and I didn't want to stay up too late. :D It did spoil something though.

Reading that next.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Grayson wrote:
Nope, Prodigy from New Mutants and the X-Men line.

The inferior one. :P

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 pm

misac wrote:
No, it was late and I didn't want to stay up too late. :D It did spoil something though.

Reading that next.

That's what you get for starting a Hickman comic at 4pm... You always finish at 10pm the next day :P

I have FF v4 but I'm waiting for F4 v6 before I start that. I might just read that on unlimited though.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Keb wrote:That's what you get for starting a Hickman comic at 4pm... You always finish at 10pm the next day :P

I have FF v4 but I'm waiting for F4 v6 before I start that. I might just read that on unlimited though.

I just got FF v.4 yesterday. I'm annoyed they released the first Fraction trade before the last Hickman one.

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 80 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:45 am

Peter Bagge's "Other Stuff" collection of back-ups from Hate and elsewhere. Man, Bagge used to be a riot before he went (kind of) off his rocker. Also, who knew Alan Moore could also be hilarious? (See: Kool-Aid Man strip.)

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:54 am

misac wrote:
I just got FF v.4 yesterday. I'm annoyed they released the first Fraction trade before the last Hickman one.

They released Marvel NOW F4/FF in one trade together, right?

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:55 pm

LobsterJ wrote:Peter Bagge's "Other Stuff" collection of back-ups from Hate and elsewhere. Man, Bagge used to be a riot before he went (kind of) off his rocker. Also, who knew Alan Moore could also be hilarious? (See: Kool-Aid Man strip.)

Alan Moore had some amazingly funny stories in 2000AD, like D.R. & Quinch (still makes me laugh every time I re read it).

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:26 am

Thor God of Thunder vol 1: The God Butcher by Jason Aaron & Esad Ribic

This was just okay. I expect more from Aaron. The whole 3 Thors got a bit confusing at times and the whole God Butcher character seems too one-dimensional. Was not as impressed as I thought I'd be. Bought the HC and it feels weird, like this waxy coating on the cover that makes it feel weird to hold. The good thing is that it comes with the digital edition. Art is good. I hope Ribic is the main artist on this series.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand