Advertisement

CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Re: CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Postby SuperginraiX » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:42 am

Keb wrote:I remember one time on a hip hop forum when Eminem's album came out, everyone decided to create their own review thread so I meticulously merged each review thread into one and it turned out okay. Kept the forum clean and uncluttered.

So like if I want to complain about Demon Knights and misac wants to complain about Superman Unchained and nieto wants to complain about Batman, it all goes in one thread?

That's what I'm getting out of it. It sounds like a mess of a thread to me. Not user friendly at all.

I mean, if eight people each made a thread complaining about the same book or the same stupid thing that DC did then, yes, combine those threads. But to combine every thread complaining about something DC related is not a way to make your site seem user friendly.

Unless this is just about posters really just making the "I hate DC because..." thread over and over. I don't go over to the CBR boards more than twice a year so I don't actually know.

Advertisement

Lemurion
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Lemurion » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:57 am

SuperginraiX wrote:That's what I'm getting out of it. It sounds like a mess of a thread to me. Not user friendly at all.

I mean, if eight people each made a thread complaining about the same book or the same stupid thing that DC did then, yes, combine those threads. But to combine every thread complaining about something DC related is not a way to make your site seem user friendly.

Unless this is just about posters really just making the "I hate DC because..." thread over and over. I don't go over to the CBR boards more than twice a year so I don't actually know.

Actually, yes, that's all it is. He's combining all the "I hate the New 52 because..." threads into one. Not all threads with a negative tone (there are lots of negative threads still there) but all the threads complaining about the same thing.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 551 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:00 am

chap22 wrote:Have you met IvCnUb4?

Loud and proud, buddy. :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Susan Grau
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 260 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Postby Susan Grau » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:43 am

Oh good lord you guys are looking for conspiracies where none exist. Mods on forums are volunteers, they don't get paid, they don't give a damn about advertising and they just want to make it easier for people to find the topics they're looking for. If you go to a forum and you want to talk about a book you liked and have to scroll through three pages of 'why dc sucks', '52 reasons I hate DC' and 'Warner and DC are horrible' then the only people who will go to a forum are the people who post those things. That you honestly believe a volunteer moderator is lying about why he did things, then get your head out of your ass, venture out of your basement and enjoy some sunshine.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Re: RE: CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:49 am

FBtron wrote:Oh good lord you guys are looking for conspiracies where none exist. Mods on forums are volunteers, they don't get paid, they don't give a damn about advertising and they just want to make it easier for people to find the topics they're looking for. If you go to a forum and you want to talk about a book you liked and have to scroll through three pages of 'why dc sucks', '52 reasons I hate DC' and 'Warner and DC are horrible' then the only people who will go to a forum are the people who post those things. That you honestly believe a volunteer moderator is lying about why he did things, then get your head out of your ass, venture out of your basement and enjoy some sunshine.

Aren't you pleasant.

As a volunteer mod at a forum, I can tell you that this is the exact opposite of making the forum easier to navigate. And if we follow your logic then what the mod in question did should result in an exodus of those who are unhappy with DC, which isn't exactly a good thing for discussion.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1143 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am

The response to this article is fantastic. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Re: RE: CBR Moves All Negative DC Forum Threads to Ghetto

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 am

FBtron wrote:Oh good lord you guys are looking for conspiracies where none exist. Mods on forums are volunteers, they don't get paid, they don't give a damn about advertising and they just want to make it easier for people to find the topics they're looking for. If you go to a forum and you want to talk about a book you liked and have to scroll through three pages of 'why dc sucks', '52 reasons I hate DC' and 'Warner and DC are horrible' then the only people who will go to a forum are the people who post those things. That you honestly believe a volunteer moderator is lying about why he did things, then get your head out of your ass, venture out of your basement and enjoy some sunshine.

How do you reconcile that with the comments of CBR head mod Hitler Teapot? His statement is right there in the article.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 am

Lemurion wrote:
Actually, yes, that's all it is. He's combining all the "I hate the New 52 because..." threads into one. Not all threads with a negative tone (there are lots of negative threads still there) but all the threads complaining about the same thing.

So the I hate the new 52 thread already has 4000 posts? :smt017

Hab

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:10 am

Another thing: speaking from the point of view of the manager of a much smaller forum, I find it just about impossible to believe that a site as big as CBR would allow one moderator to impose a policy like this entirely unilaterally. There had to at least have been discussions about it, otherwise the suggestion is that CBR has no unified policy regarding their forums, and I can't believe that. Everything would just fall apart if that were the case.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:20 am

nietoperz wrote:Another thing: speaking from the point of view of the manager of a much smaller forum, I find it just about impossible to believe that a site as big as CBR would allow one moderator to impose a policy like this entirely unilaterally. There had to at least have been discussions about it, otherwise the suggestion is that CBR has no unified policy regarding their forums, and I can't believe that. Everything would just fall apart if that were the case.

Hitler Teapot is not known for his collegiate management style.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:21 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Hitler Teapot is not known for his collegiate management style.

DAMN YOU HITLER TEAPOT!!!

*shakes fist*

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 am

Hitler Teapot is sad now. You might not be able to tell, but he is.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:31 am

nietoperz wrote:Another thing: speaking from the point of view of the manager of a much smaller forum, I find it just about impossible to believe that a site as big as CBR would allow one moderator to impose a policy like this entirely unilaterally. There had to at least have been discussions about it, otherwise the suggestion is that CBR has no unified policy regarding their forums, and I can't believe that. Everything would just fall apart if that were the case.

But that's pretty much how it is there, they delete stuff willy-nilly. I gave up even trying to post there, you'd go back and look for your comment, and it'd be gone, or the whole thread would be gone..

CBR is what they mean when they say web forums aren't a "democracy". And the Emperors have no clothes.

The only reason it gets the traffic it does is because of their close ties to the PR reps at Marvel & DC, so mandated or not it's pretty obvious why they did this.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Lemurion wrote:

If that's the case, there's a LOT of hate going on at CBR. I mean, I thought we had a lot of hate here (mostly from Herald) but that's amazing.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:41 pm

I think what we're seeing here is exactly the type of trivialization and marginalization that CBR is affirming. Any topic that is critical of DC is considered an "I hate the New 52" thread. Because that must be the underlying motivation for all criticism. :roll:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand