Advertisement

Justice League Of America #4 (About more than just Catwoman)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Justice League Of America #4 (About more than just Catwoman)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Okay, first things first, anyone who thinks Catwoman is actually dead here is a fucking moron. There’s no way she’s dead, her solo series hasn’t even been cancelled! Stop your complaining for one second and remember the nature of superhero comics. I despair sometimes. As for the rest of this comic, it wasn’t nearly as controversial as the ending, but it was decent. I do find this whole ‘Secret Society Of Super-Villains’ story to be very drawn out and slow-moving. People complain about Bendis being slow, but this shit was first teased in Justice League #6 and it’s now taking up space in two separate comics and taking aaages.

I do like that Green Arrow is now properly on the team and that we saw the return of his frenemy relationship with Hawkman. I also found the focus on Doctor Light to be very interesting, as this issue shows his origin and he seems like a decent enough chap really (before he gets zapped with light). Let’s just hope he doesn’t anally rape anyone next issue eh? (That reminds me, have Elongated Man and Sue Dibny appeared in the New 52 yet? I haven’t seen them about, someone needs to use them) I guess this means that Identity Crisis is officially out of continuity now, which would have lead to much rejoicing if it hadn’t been over-shadowed by yet another supposed ‘fridging’ (and I hate to use that term, fridge should not be a verb!).

Oh yeah, I also liked that Stargirl is rebelling against Waller and actually joining the action instead of just being a mouthpiece, I like Stargirl. I was initially annoyed that David Finch wasn’t drawing this issue, but Brett Booth did an OK job in what I assume was rushed circumstances, and really, it’s only 2 issues until we get some lovely Doug Mahnke art. The back-up story from Kindt and Guinaldo was very good, we get an explanation for Martian Manhunter’s fear of fire and also get a very interesting look at what Martian culture was like. Oh, and one final thing, the Invisible Jet had the old Morrison-era JLA logo on it! That was awesome.

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 211 posts

Re: Justice League Of America #4 (About more than just Catwo

Postby Draco x » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm

I do agree with the obvious truth about the Catwoman shock-value stunt and why she's not really dead.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand