Advertisement

Wolverine & The X-Men #30 ('Snikt'? That's it? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Wolverine & The X-Men #30 ('Snikt'? That's it? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:27 am

Jason Aaron kicks off his next big storyline with a bang. The Hellfire Club have been a thorn in the side of Wolverine since the start of this title, and even beforehand in Schism, so it’s great that this subplot has finally boiled over and we’re going to get some resolution.

This issue reveals just who the Hellfire mole inside the Jean Grey School, but I’m confused. Was Quentin Quire actually working for them? It seemed like he wasn’t at first when he was investigating why Idie left and kidnapped that Bamf. But then he talks to Toad as if he’s part of a conspiracy? Or was he bluffing to Toad? He did say he read his mind… hmmm… I personally think it works better if Quire accidentally ended up joining the Hellfire Academy, it fits with his character more that he’s misunderstood rather than actually being a villain. I did like the reveal that Toad was leaving to join the Hellfire Club though, and whilst I’m sure that Husk going crazy evil is pissing off some Generation X fans, I don’t really care about Husk so whatever.

The other defectee is Broo, who along with Beast is up in Space was Beast tries to find out how to fix Broo from one of the best-named characters in all of comics, Dr Xanto Starblood, who is just awesome. I like the idea that Broo is now cured, and for his species is back to normal, it’s tragic really, but I still hold out hope for a return of the classic nerdy Broo! I am also glad that Idie hasn’t actually betrayed the X-Men and has only gone to the Hellfire Academy to find out who shot Broo and kill them. There’s lots of stuff going on in this story, really, and I haven’t even mentioned ‘The Philistine’ and what Quentin sees when he tries to read a Bamf’s mind… he sees Azazel and a mysterious hooded figure asking for help. Is that Nightcrawler? Holy crap! I normally don’t clamour for dead characters to come back, but since Nightcrawler is my favourite X-Man, I’d be very pleased if Aaron was planning on doing that.

Pasqual Ferry provides the art for this issue, and since he’s been one of my favourites ever since Adam Strange, I was very glad to see him on this book, his Beast is excellent.

Advertisement

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men #30 ('Snikt'? That's it? Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Hoping they bring back Kurt myself

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Husk going "evil" kind of makes sense, people were freaking out over it on facebook, but since the start of this book her powers have been messed up, she freaked out while teaching a class and then quit. It could easily be explained that her powers are messing her mind up, especially since she's never been able to "husk" into more than one element before.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:11 pm

yeah, Husk hasn't been herself for a long time now. Basically since the Austin run is when the problems started popping up. :smt102

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 am

I saw Quire as catching Toad and then joining by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:11 am

doombug wrote:yeah, Husk hasn't been herself for a long time now. Basically since the Austin run is when the problems started popping up. :smt102

Guthries Gone Wild :shock:
Classy, Paige. Real classy :lol:

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:13 am

doombug wrote:yeah, Husk hasn't been herself for a long time now. Basically since the Austin run is when the problems started popping up. :smt102

Or we can just blame this for her problems in the Austen run.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:52 pm

HNutz wrote:
Or we can just blame this for her problems in the Austen run.

Only good things in Austen's run were:

the focus on Havok
exploring Cain as more than just a one note villain

aaaaaand sammy the fish boy. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand