Advertisement

E3: Nintendo Direct Recap

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 am

Super Smash Bros and Mega Man may have been the bomb(man) that was dropped, but Nintendo had more games to share as well.

Source: Nintendo Direct

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata had plenty to share this morning regarding upcoming games for Nintendo's 3DS and Wii U as part of the Nintendo Direct presentation for E3. Look for a collection of trailers and thoughts below (minus Super Smash Bros, which you should totally go check out).

Super Mario 3D World, the followup to Super Mario 3D Land. Features 4 different characters between Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach. Each has their own special ability or quirk, similar to their properties in Super Mario Bros 2.

Pokemon X & Y has a release date! October 12th the new entry to the series comes to the 3DS. There is also a new type of Pokemon, the Fairy type. This makes 18 (holy crap, 18!) different Pokemon types now.

Mario Kart 8, you can drive upside down, on walls, glide, drive underwater and probably even more. Their latest vehicle-based cash grab coming Spring 2014.

Miiverse is getting an update so that users can create even crazier drawings in the game communities. Nintendo will be pulling some of these tools from an upcoming art toy/tool for 3DS called Art Academy

Nintendo loves 3rd party games! No really, they hope you'll buy more than just their own games.

The eShop has been a pretty good place for smaller indie-like games. Here's what to look forward to there.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is looking really sharp. Iwata dropped that this will play in 1080p and the game manages to look like it's belonged on a more powerful console all along. Prepare to drool over this in October 2013.

One of the more highly anticipated new IPs coming to Wii U is The Wonderful 101, and we've finally got a release date and some new footage of the game. I'm not sure what's going on with this game, I just know I need to see more of it. The Wonderful 101 will see release September 15th in North America and August 23rd in Europe.

New Donkey Kong Country! Called Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, this game will have you playing as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Dixie Kong to fight vikings who have invaded Donkey Kong Island. Release for this game comes later this year.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this Monolith Soft Trailer, but I like it.

What are your highlights from the Nintendo Direct video? While I may not own either of the Nintendo systems in question, I'm very much looking forward to finding out a ton more information about many of the games, especially the Monolith Soft project.

Written or Contributed by Jeff Patterson

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Re: E3: Nintendo Direct Recap

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 am

Nice.

That Super Mario 3-D World game looks like all sorts of fun. So does the Mario Kart one.

But, seriously. That Monolith Soft thing looks the best. If that thing actually makes it out, I may finally break down. Depending how it turns out, of course.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 117 posts

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:16 am

Looks good, but that Mario Kart trailer made me yearn for a new F-Zero.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 481 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:23 am

it's been 20 years since the last F-zero right?

Stranger things have happened.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 474 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:34 am

F-Zero was in the Nintendo e-shop for $0.30 a couple months ago. Couldn't resist it.

Some good stuff but none of it soon :-(

Still need Metroid, a new Zelda, and Pokemon Wii U rpg.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 481 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 am

Amoebas :smt011

You know that they will never release a real pokemon game for console.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 117 posts

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:03 pm

So, having the Villager from Animal Crossing in Super Smash Bros. is weird enough, but it was just announced that the Wii Fit Trainer is a playable character as well. It looks like she will use yoga moves in combat.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum