Wednesday, July 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Just finished Hickman's FF run

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:28 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I don't think you fully understood what you read. The covers for Hickmans FF run (both books) while included characters from the issue had very little to do with what actually going on. I would have preferred shitty splash page posters.

It's pretty much what we've been talking about for the last few posts :lol:

Hab

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yep, we know you love them! :P

It's hard for me to since I don't have a levels in literature.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:

Nope, but you are better and cooler than everyone else in the world aren't you?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Hickman's FF may end up being the last Marvel book I followed monthly, I was just looking at the stack of them trying to figure out what to do with them. It's an uneven run with flashes of excellence, but one that gave my favorite FF member short shrift, and I probably won't feel the need to re-read them again.

I'll trade you for them. You can have my friend zoned body pillow and an autographed photo of Negro Patrick Harris.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Who is Negro Patrick Harris? :lol:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Punchy wrote:
Nope, but you are better and cooler than everyone else in the world aren't you?

No, but I do have better taste in things.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Who is Negro Patrick Harris? :lol:

I was watching the news and some story about NPH saying the "n-word" to Mike Tyson made me think "Negro Patrick Harris".

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Zero wrote:It didn't end after the war because there was around six months to go til Marvel Now and Hickman filler is more enjoyable than any other filler we'd be getting. I really enjoy the epilogue issues, and there's a lot of set-up for the Avengers being done there in AIM island and the Black Panther stuff. The issue with Old Ben Grimm was my favourite.

Same here.

Loved that issue.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 am

guitarsmashley wrote:

Level or degree ?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Arion wrote:
Level or degree ?

I was speaking in Punchy, I do have a bachelors in History and a Masters in education but both are not even in the same ball park as A levels in literature.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm

So there was a reason that the run didn't end when the mega arc was over and it ties directly into Doom and the Black Panther and what's going on in Avengers currently.

Basically I'm pretty sure now that Doom will be the one to save everyone from the encroaching Earths/Sedira Maris (sp?) as in the Panther God's prophecy.

Hab

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm surprised the Panther God's prophecy hasn't been mentioned in New Avengers yet.

Loved the way Hickman made Bast the Panther God.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
I was speaking in Punchy, I do have a bachelors in History and a Masters in education but both are not even in the same ball park as A levels in literature.

I have a BA as well :roll:

All I was saying was that I'm not stupid.

leave a comment with facebook